indian wanted for hot sessions

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

indian wanted for hot sessions

Postby princess peach » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm

We have tried every indian from Gibraltar to Estepona,and all are sub standard compared to UK,and all have a habit of serving stew like curries,
Does anyone know where there is a fantastic traditional Indian resturant,with big fluffy garlic naan breads that you can fall asleep in,and not" flat as farts" pizza base naans...
Have wheels will travel....

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm

We use Mumtaz which is between City Mill Lane and Cornwall's Lane for take aways. They do a good range of naans. Like anywhere you need to pick the day and the time.

You can get drier curries - and - if you ask for a picante curry you can get serious hot stuff. Even we take care. They are good at doing stuff to order.

They have a couple of tables and chairs if you want to eat in, but it is not luxury. :roll:

Can't help with restaurants. We have used one in Water Gardens, Bombay something maybe? and that was good.

Otherwise, the only other good Indian we have found was in Sintra......

We don't eat out much. :)

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 pm

hubby has been once about four years ago to mumtaz,and he said it wasnt too good then...a guy at his work uses it all the time and says its nice,perhaps we need to try it again then...whereabouts are you based palmtrees?

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:11 pm

As it says on my image thingy - Andalucía and Gibraltar. :) (Well there's no image cos I haven't done it yet :()

I'm in Andalucía at the moment.

I'll have a serious think about the Indians in Gib though and maybe send you a pm. But not tonight.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:54 am

ok palm..will wait for your pm... :wink:

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 am

Peachy. I must apologise. I looked at the topic before reading the rest and I have given your address to 8 young indian guys who work in the local restaurants. Please mark them out of 10 just in case there are other ladies who may be interested. :)

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:00 pm

It may be a bit far for you......
but there is an excellent "small" Indian restaurant on the sea-front between Torreblanca and Los Boliches (Fuengirola). Often busy and with a very good local reputation, been there for 3 or 4 years now.

Gus

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:57 am

alaninspain wrote:

Peachy. I must apologise. I looked at the topic before reading the rest and I have given your address to 8 young indian guys who work in the local restaurants. Please mark them out of 10 just in case there are other ladies who may be interested.
oh thats no bother....only 8....bit disappointing :oops: ...i said "Hot Sessions"not midly spicy!!! :wink:

Gus-i think fuengirola may be a little far to go for something to eat..it depends on how his cravings are on the night..but if we are ever up that way,i will check it out...
:wink:

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm

Peachy - the 8 guys wanted to make it a party - they will hire a minibus, brace yourself. :wink:

ex patriot 66
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ex patriot 66 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 pm

I haven't found an decent curry houses in Fuengirola , but maybe I am spoiled coming from Halifax and eating Curry's in Bradford

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Have you tried the one described ex-pat ?

Gus

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:39 am

ex pat-we went to one in fuengirola a few years ago..that wasnt bad!
I better not show my hubby your post about bradford,that will tip him over the edge :lol:
we used to go to South shields to have a curry,they were always fab!
Its the only thing he craves for,that he cant get here(a decent one)
we are always disappointed as they taste like stew,and when you hear the microwave ping..thats even more off-putting! :roll:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:40 am

alan wrote:
Peachy - the 8 guys wanted to make it a party - they will hire a minibus, brace yourself.
oh well thatll be o.k then....i hope they bring some mates and some food with em all! :wink:

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 am

I recommend the Indian in Calahonda" Mijas Costa, their motto, "You've tried the cowboys, now try the Indians" top class food and service.
Ah! the full english!!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Retro p wrote:
"You've tried the cowboys, now try the Indians"
that is a great motto.. :lol:
I think Calahonda may be a bit far for me,i need one nearer,Estepona/sabbi way.I think we have tried just about everyone of them. :cry:
we have took to ordering them from Ebay-pre-made spices,you have to add oil etc,and they are spot on.costs about a tenner for 4 servings(which are gone in one session)Not bad when you can spend that on a main meal going out.They are the nearest we have found to the real mcoy-here(if you understand what i mean)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:08 pm

One suggestion - make your own! You can get enough spices at the street markets, the only costly bit is the naans as the prices here are a rip-off compared to UK Asda packs of 2 for just over a quid.
Lamb here is cr*p, and most beef is too young to have any taste, but you can do wonders with chicken and pork.
Plenty recipes on the bbc food website.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:20 pm

I have tried a curry recipe from one of my clients,and the longer it was left the better it tasted.It was lovely but so much faffing about tho. :roll:

Anyway,i want to be wined and dined,not slaving over a hot stove,stinking of curry spices with yellow finger tips...i need to be treated once in a while. :wink:

Travelogic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Mumtaz

Postby Travelogic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Facing the front door of the Hotel Angela, (which is actually up the side of the hotel) you'll find the Mumtaz Fuengirola. It's actually on the ground floor of part of the building incorporating the La Jabega.
The Chef will cook your meal as hot or as mild as you ask him. Definitely as good decent UK joints.

Retro P
Resident

Re: Mumtaz

Postby Retro P » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Agree with Travelogic, but be careful when ordering the "Faal" you will need lots of toilet paper and various soothing ointments and lotions the morning after :lol: :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm

that sounds good then- hubby has a phal with extra fresh chillies :oops: -sounds right up his street.I will vacate the bed if we venture to that one. :shock: