Courier and transport standards

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 am

Well the title makes me sounds more pompous than I am but I just wanted to share this. Twice lately I have ordered a courier service, door to door.....on collection they seemed to expect me to meet them elsewhere, pay in exactly the right money in cash, no card facilities, although definitely a kosher company, but I insisted they came to my door (I´m getting immune to bad tempered spanish women on the end of the phone) and sure enough they found me....without getting lost.

Then for a delivery - same thing, phone when they are already in my town but want me to drive out and meet them at a hotel........I gave them clear instructions and pointed out I had paid for door to door service......20 minutes later they arrive but phone from the vehicle for me to go out there as too lazy to get out and walk two paces to ring the bell........

So the point of this is to prove that couriers can actually find places but its easier to get clients to do most of the work........of course in remote country areas its a different matter and I did not mind when we lived there but we are signposted from the nearest main road now so its not hard......but if we go along with it as a quaint custom where there is no need for it then we are supporting its continuation.......

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Mon May 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Last edited by Alpujarra on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Yup, that is precisely the point of my post........but the couriers I refer to were not DHL, they have managed to find my house without a phone call...., :!:

Jane and Terry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Couriers

Postby Jane and Terry » Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 pm

This happened to me recently too. After ordering from Next I had an email from UPS to confirm all delivery details. About 2 hours later got another to say Next had cancelled the shipment. Rang Next who denied all knowledge of cancellation, so sent them the email from UPS.
Several days later a neighbour strolled down the drive with my (open) package. She had been given it by someone in town who the driver had stopped and asked if she knew me. When she said yes he just gave her the package. We live right at the edge of town on a tarmac road that he drove down when leaving the town.
Rang Next and complained bitterly and got the delivery charge refunded.
Not ideal, but better than nothing. Oddly enough the person to whom the package was originally given thought that I had behaved unreasonably and may have caused a problem for the driver !

pentaqua-new
Resident

Postby pentaqua-new » Mon May 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Most couriers delivering to us are useless but every time we order from EuroCartridge we get great next day delivery.

The latest used Tourline. Collected from Eurocartridge Thursday 15th in the afternoon - delivered to us 14.08 Friday 16th June.

Mind you, I give them exact, and I mean exact, instructions to us (in the campo) and it invariably arrives next day. Other couriers - yeah, just as you have found. No commonsense.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon May 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh please do not get me started on this. DHL ...........Please exterminate them. I have had a parcel stuck in Granada because pedro and his fecking donkey could not find us :roll: I only live 600m from the main motorway, however massively complicated. So I must have now spent, since 5th May when my package came to a halt, at the least €30 on phone calls from here to the UK and to DHL here.

At this point in time I want to kill them. Every single one of them who work for them, have any involvement with them. I know this might seem churlish but I do not give a f**k I am very very annoyed.

There latest attempt at placating is the promise of delivery tomorrow between 8.00am and 1.00pm....yeah right!

Watch this space as this trog is very, very annoyed about this right now. Especially as this package has been in Spain since 14th of April
:shock:

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Mon May 19, 2008 10:44 pm

Have never had any problem with DHL, UPS on the coast (Benalmadena area) when receiving packages from the UK and Germany.

I guess you'd expect them to perform better in this kind of area though.

Just to add a bit of balance to this topic - not to annoy anyone!! (Honest!!)

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon May 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Sorry Trog, do ask for their complaints book.....or you could phone first thing in the morning and ask for it as you would greatly increase the odds of them finding you then!!!!!!

It really winds me up too, fair enough for all those truly out in the campo and remote but not for those who live close to major roads or motorways - the thing is the office staff are not interested in taking directions and those who phone from their vans only want to get you to do their work for them yet every time I tell them several times to listen to me clearly and not talk over me they all find me - strange concept that !!!!!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you for tomorrow........

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Mon May 19, 2008 11:14 pm

if you pay for a service you should get it no matter where you live
jayne countys most famous song,google it