films

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
hairbear
Tourist

films

Postby hairbear » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:00 pm

hello can anyone tell me please if there is a shop in coin/alhaurin areas that sells DVDs? spanish and/or english. thanks

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:03 pm

rentals are only 1€ a night, why would you want to spend 15€ on one ?

and no, as far as i know there is not a new dvd shop. martins has a selection for sale, as does the dvd rental shop, ex rental dvds.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

hairbear
Tourist

Postby hairbear » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:36 pm

thanks. dont rent because coin/alhaurin are actually quite far from me but are the nearest places with some not rural "life"! whats martins and wheres the dvd rental place please?

phil_euro
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: films

Postby phil_euro » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:36 pm

you can now rent from a company called FilmAmora... they provide a service like LoveFilm in the uk - you get a subscription and receive dvds in the post.
Last edited by phil_euro on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 am

i got every film man,looky ,5 euros

seriously last one i bought was a while ago,dont do it
jayne countys most famous song,google it

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:20 am

We use play.com which are usually cheaper than the shops and they also sell video games. Postage is free anywhere in Europe and they take about a week to arrive :D

http://www.play.com/

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 am

I could not get anything from play as they told me that your first purchase has to be to a uK address.

Have they changed there policy?????

Also does Spanish Customs open the package to check what it is??

As far as I can remember Play is based in Jersey with there warehouse in Belgium, they do this to avoid VAT, I can see the spanish official have a major issue with the Channel Islands, I know from Personal experience.

Does anyone else use play.com?? In Gib the packages are opened by customs and a 16% import tax has to be paid before release.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:14 pm

i´ve got an account on play.com, i got the first one sent to my gran, after that i had them sent here
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 pm

I have only ever ordered from play.com whilst living in spain and never once had anything delivered to UK always to my spanish address.
I did notice that the last bulk order i placed before xmas all went via chech rep(or somewhere similar) ...very strange..Is that how they save money on shipping??
The postal stamp said Jersey,but was diverted somewhere along the way to there and then eventually got to me in Spain. :?
Do you buy your items via UK bank or credit card,as mine is from my spanish bank in euros..

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Our first order was placed whilst in Spain and as long as the credit/debit card you use is registered to your home address you can have your items sent anywhere (but they will charge you in pounds if it is a UK address).

princess peach wrote: I did notice that the last bulk order i placed before xmas all went via chech rep(or somewhere similar) ...very strange..Is that how they save money on shipping??
The postal stamp said Jersey,but was diverted somewhere along the way to there and then eventually got to me in Spain. :?

Yep, same thing happened to us but this is the only time in 3 years and we have never had any packages opened by Customs. I ordered Pro Soccer 2009 PS3 on Friday for 32€ (see how much it is in Spanish shops :shock: ) and received it today :D

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am

Christmas just gone was the only time its happened to me too,It took a good few weeks for the games to get to me,and i had one day deadline left before filling in the "items not recieved"form on Play.None of my items have ever been opened by customs either.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:16 am

I recenlty signed up to play.com. There is an option to pay in pounds or euors at the top right hand corner I clicked the euro sign and had no problems placing the order but, after waiting 5 days for them to take my money, and the option to cancel order was still available I cancelled and got it from ebay :(

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:54 pm

aww,you should have waited ,maybe the item you ordered was out of stock :?
They have always been completely excellent ,plus with the added attraction of free shipping its well worth it.
I hope it hasnt put you off,as they are an excellent company with really good prices.

redsoxbrit
Resident

Postby redsoxbrit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 am

pilgrim2 wrote:I recenlty signed up to play.com. There is an option to pay in pounds or euors at the top right hand corner I clicked the euro sign and had no problems placing the order but, after waiting 5 days for them to take my money, and the option to cancel order was still available I cancelled and got it from ebay :(
Also remember that any items sent to a UK address will be charged in pounds - your order will not be accepted if you try and pay in pounds when the item is being shipped to Spain nor in euros for UK. :roll: