vets and operations

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

vets and operations

Postby princess peach » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Can anyone please help.
My pup has just had an eye op around one and a half weeks ago,she has been having antibiotic drops in twice a day.
anyway,last night,i noticed what i thought was a blue piece of metal in the eye that had the op,i tried to remove it with a wet cotton bud,but it wont budge.
What i need to know is,do the vets use Blue thread to stitch up the animals after an op?
Does anyone know?
The eye looks the same as it did last week,so no stitches have burst,just this tiny blue piece of something down in the bottom of her eye.It doesnt seem to be bothering her,but i need to know if the thread is blue that they use for their ops.
My vet is on holiday,i have texted him(as he is a personal friend)and im waiting for him to phone me back.
Just wondered if anyone knew in the meantime,as im a bit worried!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:21 pm

no one need answer :shock:
My vet has telephoned,it looks like a piece of thread after all.Im taking her in on Monday,so she will probably have to be put to sleep again! :twisted:

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Hope all goes well peachy. I think no-one answered cos like me, didn't know. It's bad enough when it's something you can see and don't know what it is. But when you get a second hand report, just don't know what to think. I'm sure it will all be ok though but please let us know what it was.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:12 am

I will do.She is great in herself,just a little bit of blue in the bottom of the lid..
will report back tommorow. :?

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm

How did puppy get on at vets? Hope her eye is better now.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 pm

well,the vet said it was the end of the knot.(there are two loose ends after the knot is tied)
He said continue with the antibiotic drops for one more week and keep a watch on it for any ulcers or cloudiness forming,he thinks she will have to have the end of it snipped,I dont think he wants he to go under so soon again so is trying to hold out for another week,as it hasnt been long since she was last put to sleep,its not good for them is it.
She is great in herself,no different than normal,just this bit of blue in her eyelid.
Thanks for asking. :wink:

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 pm

I am glad she is feeling good and no discomfort, hope she continues to get better.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:47 pm

thankyou Sadie.xxx