3 Skype mobile phone

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

3 Skype mobile phone

Postby pilgrim » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 pm

If I buy a skype phone for my computer here in Spain and I buy a 3
Skype mobile phone for my hubby to use in England - no where near a computer. Am I right in understanding that we will be able to call each other for free :D

Does anyone already do this and does it work well?

If I get him to buy my Skype phone in the UK will it be compatible to use with my PC here in Spain?

I know absolutly nothing about this method of communication just hoping it will save a great deal on my current phone bill!!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:22 pm

I have the Skype Dualphone 3088 which plugs directly into the router. You have to program it with the IP address etc. but there is no reason why one bought in the UK could not be programmed to work with a Spanish internet provider.

Not sure what you mean by a 3 Skype phone, though. This may be something different.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Re: 3 Skype mobile phone

Postby karandjon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm

pilgrim wrote:If I get him to buy my Skype phone in the UK will it be compatible to use with my PC here in Spain?
Hi, our friends bought us a skype phone in England and brought it out to Spain for us. I have used it on my spanish laptop and it worked fine. It plugs in the USB port. It is a Tevion USB Internet Phone.

Regards,

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Success :D :D :D Finally we have manged to get the skype mobile up and running in UK and it is free to call skye on my PC in Spain. I am soo pleeased our biggest expense knocked on the head.....................now what will I spend all the extra cash on :lol:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Great news Pilgrim!!! Now, you could always spend the extra cash on a really nice woodburner...its got colder again!!! brrrr!! :D
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

SimoneIcough

Postby SimoneIcough » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Hola

I also use Skype and love it! We have a Dual Phone, as we live in the country we don't have a landline so our Skype phone becomes our landline, we even have an English phone number from Skype for business purposes. We have been running Skype since they first brought it out.

Glad you are now working and able to talk to your husband for free :)

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

I have my computer upstairs I have a Skpe phone connected to the computer and that is fine for me to use, my wife would have trouble getting upstairs to use the skype phone can anyone reccomend a cordless phone I can buy so that my wife can call UK from downstairs about 25 metres from the computer, is the reception just as good and is this the best way to ring Uk from Spain

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:40 pm

I use Voipcheap to phone landlines worldwide. €10 gives you free calls for 3 months (up to a maximum of 300 minutes per week). Thereafter it's 1cent per minute with no connection fee. Sound quality is much better than SKYPE.
Dave