A Pilgrim’s Journey; starts in Andalucia.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:12 am

Hi,
Good to hear you completed the course :D What's in a certificate, its the feeling of the inner self that counts.
Many thanks for taking the time to post and share this part of your life's journey.
J

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:10 pm

What a brilliant story- congratulations and very well done :D I hope all goes well for you in the future Macasas. I hope one day you will think of writing a book about your pilgrimage.
Thank you for your very interesting postings and photos- except the feet ones- I hate feet!!

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Wow! Really don't know what else to say. I've so much enjoyed reading your "diaries" and hope, like many others, that you do get round to putting it into book form. I keep promising myself that I will read through the lot again. Brilliant!

macasas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Thank you!

Postby macasas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

A big thank you to everyone who have taken the time to read my story, and to everyone who have contributed by sending a reply. Your advice, comments and encouragement have been a part of my journey which as you all know is only just beginning, and all journies are easier when not endured alone. Inspiration comes in many forms and I hope I have inspired some of you to take your own journies, it is never too late, and I am finding out that anything is possible, it really is!

Buen Camino a todos.
-----------
macasas
-----------

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:22 pm

If you haven't got Macasas's stamina and dedication, for a mere £895.95, you could do it the easy way.

But where's the sense of achievement in that.

More power to your elbow.

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:13 pm

After such an amazing journey, has it been difficult to settle back into " normal life" or do you find yourself planning your next adventure?

macasas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Raring to go.

Postby macasas » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Kathy

It has been strange coming back but the hardest thing has been trying to explain just what it was all about. The physical side is easy, I can even get my blisters out on display still, but the rest, the reasons, the understandings, the emotions and the realisations are extremely complex in my head and although I think I kinda understand how I feel about it, I just can't explain it in a way that makes sense to the other person. Perhaps they will just have to go and do it themselves.

After 6 weeks of eating on the go I have found myself at a dinner table discussing which side my bread roll should be placed; I have found myself seizing up after long periods in the car or sitting down; and because it isn't hot I have found myself eating chocolate again. What a life eh?

The joy of an English summer, currently pouring with rain from a blanket grey cloud, will luckily be short lived. As you know the camino was only the start of some big changes for me, and on Saturday I will leave for Thailand on the next part of my journey. This section involves a round-the-world ticket lasting for the next year and taking in Asia, Australia and South America. Before you scoff and swear at me, this is a working trip with very little sightseeing. I am starting in Thailand to give me more time to live at a cheaper rate, I get 3 months there for 1 month in the UK, and by the time I leave I have to have my new business up and running and selling. I am then off to Bali for another period of work in cheaper living conditions, I know how it sounds but these choices were all made to provide the right environment and sufficient time to get creative and produce the goods.

The bottom of the slope for me was before the camino began, with a little help I have set new goals with new limits. I know it is all up hill from this point on, the challenge is staring me in the face and I am raring to get on with it with an enormous amount of energy. Basically I feel great and am very excited about what I hope to achieve in the next year. If it all goes horribly wrong I will be on my *beep*, but there is no way I am going to let that happen, just like the camino, there will be no stopping, not for anything!
-----------
macasas
-----------

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:54 pm

I´m sure many people on this forum would love you to keep us posted on
your RTW trip, after all its did all commence in Andalucia.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm

So many of us looked forward to reading the next instalment and hearing about all the experiences and feelings you felt on your journey.
My recommendation is don't try and explain to others how it felt, just tell them to read your postings on this forum.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Good luck with everything, whatever you do and wherever you end up. You've proved your determination and given lots of pleasure to us all reading your exploits. I admire and envy your courage.

campocaro
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby campocaro » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

Here's another pilgrim blog! http://pedallingpilgrims.blogspot.com/

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Wow to do that walk with Children takes some stamina!

macasas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: A Pilgrim’s Journey; starts in Andalucia.

Postby macasas » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 am

Hello Pilgims,

It has been some time since we last spoke and this is just a little update to tell you that my pilgrimage has reached New Zealand, my halfway point around the world. This is as good a place as any to tell those of you that are interested, and those of you that kept asking for it, that A Pilgrim's Journey is now available in printed form, as well as a downloadable eBook.

This new version has been edited; it now includes a few more photos and of course a little update on what happened after Santiago. If you are interested in purchasing A Pilgrim's Journey please visit http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback_b ... ey/6413563.

As the season is almost upon us I hope to be reading about some of your pilgrimages in the very near future and remember "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!"

Macasas

Bowler
Resident

Re: A Pilgrim’s Journey; starts in Andalucia.

Postby Bowler » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm

thanks Macasas great input, you've given me, and probabvly many others a huge insight into what to expect I think I'm gonna go for this, not this year but maybe next !