salad all year round

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

salad all year round

Postby wagon ropes » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Isn't it great living here. The OH has just come in with some baby lettuce which he says will be ready to plant out in a day or two. (Hope it warms up a bit first) We still have lettuce and radishes ready for harvesting even at this time of year. They are growing happily alongside the caulies, romanesque and sprouts. We have also got a crop of new potatoes which are huge owing to the rain.
Oh, and I forgot the carrots which are coming on nicely. Not bad is it :?: :D
Life is 'ard den you die!

murbisa
Resident

Re: salad all year round

Postby murbisa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:39 am

Wagonropes, for us gardeners it is indeed wonderful living here! In the two years we have been over here enough to grow things I have just about got to grips with the flower garden and planted some fruit trees. My OH has now rotovated a vegetable plot for me amd my dilema is what to plant when. I bought some cabbage and cauliflower and brussel plantlets and put them in a couple of weekd ago and they seem to be growing.
What I need from everyone is advice on when to start growing other veg. What to plant in the ground and what to raise in trays first. Most of the books I have read are general to Spain and not this area.
Any advice would be welcome.

Muriel :D

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:22 am

A useful site is www.campo-girls.com/forum (Honestly it is a gardening site)

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks tt - will have a look

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:34 pm

The OH has been growing veggies for 4 years now and almost anything seems to grow at any time except mid June 'til mid September. Trying to grow anything then is just a waste of water! Best to aim to have crops finished by mid June or started for planting out mid Sept. It takes some getting used to as it is absolutely the opposite to England.
Life is 'ard den you die!