Negative Vibes

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
country boy
Andalucia Guru

Negative Vibes

Postby country boy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I am starting a new Forum withing A.Com. It's called "NO NEGATIVE VIBES" you can only post on it if you are happy, content, full of good spirit and be prepared to be generally "UP" about life, the Universe and every thing. Anyone want to post?
Me and the Old Lady are quite content to be the only ones if necessary...we are happy and very much at ease, any takers?

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Re: Negative Vibes

Postby Paula » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:49 pm

I can guarantee that my OH would be neither happy or content if he referred to me as "the old lady" :wink:

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Looks like you and your 'old lady' and me and my 'old man' may be the only truely happy people on this forum. How sad is that ?
Life is 'ard den you die!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Country Boy, I am ALWAYS happy, optimistic and upbeat. From a very early age I decided that, come what may, I would find the best in wherever I was and whatever I was doing. Call me a rose-tinted glasses-wearing, pathetic, half-wit that, clearly, has no idea about anything, history included, and has totally failed to grasp how expensive, crime-ridden, miserable, isolating, benefit depriving and just plain ghastly it is to live here. Oh well, with my happy disposition I just think "How WEIRD" and carry on being perfectly happy and content. LUCKY ME!!!

Can I join, please???

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Count me in along with my OH as we both prefer the optimistic and upbeat vibes............roll on 29th when we get back con familia to our beloved Cortes to re charge the batteries with cerveza and vino and tapas and etc etc :wink: :lol: :lol:
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Lavanda, yes you are lucky...hope it doesn't hit you hard one day. I always look at the worse scenario. Similar are these happy,floaty hymn singing jolly people :roll: I always wish I could believe in something. Life has been very kind to me (positive enough!) because of that I always prepare for payback time. Maybe I should stop watching Spanish TV and reading Málaga Sur and El País and just live in my bubble.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:11 pm

at last country vibes, I thought I was the only one here who preferred to always see the glass half full, I can never understand about all this "presuming everything will go wrong attitude".....I attack problems as and when they arrive, instead of worrying about 100 things that might go wrong and hardly ever do !!
most of all this crisis lark is caused by the press making everyone panic struck, even most of the people that are not even affected have stopped spending....I imagine that the majority of us here on the forum have what we need, maybe not everything that we all want, but certainly what we need, if we could only think of all the things we have, instead of what we don´t have, there would be a few more smiley faces around.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Kind of agree with you there Julian, I think the UK has not exactly talked itself into a recession but made it worse than it is. The rest of Europe is not into releasing crisis statistics every day. Although, as for wanting more this is what makes the economy grow. What is wrong with wanting that little bit extra.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Depression went even deeper in the UK yesterday when dissapointed punters turned up for the Woollies 50% off closing down sale :shock:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi ... 812121455/

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm happy :D

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I'M HAPPY TOO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:34 pm

How nice this is....any more genuinely happy people want to climb aboard this sane, realistic, adult forum just to show the world, and the doom-mongers, some stoicism?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:36 pm

I'm happy because that is my basic nature but I may give the impression of being an air-head with a charmed life. Not so. I agree with Julian. I spent ages, many years ago, wondering about how my children would turn out - and then found out that I was not able to have any. I remember standing still in total shock in my 40s thinking, 'What happened?' as I buried my husband. Widows were supposed to be old ladies with white hair. I've given up worry, thinking about the future and speculating about what will happen when I'm 60, 70, whatever. I'm rubbish at worrying because I always worry about the wrong thing. I have prepared for the future in the same, normal way as everyone else with any sense but I do not necessarily expect the future to arrive in the way in which I think it ought to - because experience tells me that something unexpected may happen first. I never expected to marry again. I did. I'm very glad I did. My husband is fantastic but I tell him I love him every day and sod worrying about the euro, etc. Like Julian writes; most of us are OK, aren't we? I'm reading a book (no TV, remember?) at the moment about the Armenian Genocide in the late 1800s and in 1915 at the hands of the Turks. It's so harrowing I have to have a break every now and then and I'm reading the life of Goya alongside. The Armenians never thought the end of the world would come for them - but it did. We are only worrying about the end of the pound, for goodness sake. Life is what it is - but for me, here, now, today, why on earth would I not be happy and grateful??? So I am.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Well great if people are happy, and more great if people are able to ignore various worrying things that are going on around us. There are always so many things that have happened to people that put other everyday things into perspective. But....some of the posts that are written on the forums are real worries to people and doesn't mean they are doom mongers.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:00 am

count me out,i live in the real world and will continue to tell it like it is for the magoritey

i suppose your all gutted that vordermann has left countdown

nice one katy
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 am

"i suppose your all gutted that vordermann has left countdown"

QUE???

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:55 am

I'm with you Country Boy.
I believe that life is what you make it.
I like to have a positive outlook on life.
Everything isn't perfect the the "good" outweighs the "bad"

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:19 am

What a wonderfully wicked site!!! Reminds me of Littlejohn (To Hell in a Handcart).......

And re the worry/no worry philosophy, I can see both sides of that...I am guilty of far too much worrying but then, I do believe that you should be prepared as far as possible for 'disasters' which, by the law of averages, are likely to happen if certain obvious precautions are ignored....I try not to waste time worrying about the really 'big' what-ifs.....just the everyday, trying-to-survive ones!!
And the good thing about being a pessimist is that you're never disappointed!!!
BTW Julian..not everyone on here has everything they need.... :wink: not by a long chalk in some cases!!! Ask the ones who are out of work (through no fault of their own), not likely to find any and have families to support!!
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:18 pm

"BTW Julian..not everyone on here has everything they need.... "..I agree tjtops, that´s why I said the "mayority", not "all".
if we rewind a bit I think we´ll find that many, (not all, but many), of those having difficulties at the moment are in that situation because they previously bought , and borrowed to buy, things they wanted, not things they really needed.
We live in an absurdly materialistic society and we have totally forgotten that above having a roof over our head (not a luxury villa) and a plate of food, then everything else is a luxury, and things we want, not things we need.

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:Depression went even deeper in the UK yesterday when dissapointed punters turned up for the Woollies 50% off closing down sale :shock:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi ... 2121455/DA
Thanks DA, that website has just made me VERY happy. Laughed out loud - it's like an online marriage between "Not the Nine o'Clock News" and "Private Eye". Absolutely marvellous :lol: :lol: :lol:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future