fishing licence

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
mijas-lady
Resident

fishing licence

Postby mijas-lady » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 am

is it worth well getting a rod licence in uk and stamped at town hall here or how can OH get one here to take son fishing-due to crisis time to bond :roll:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: fishing licence

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 am

From the A.com site http://www.andalucia.com/rural/fishing.htm

"An angling licence is required for fishing in all reservoirs, rivers and estuaries in Andalucía. Recently, it has become necessary to take a course on Medio Ambiente (the environment) and pass a test before being granted a NIR (Número de Identificación en el Registry Andaluz). Once you have obtained this number, you can then purchase your fishing licence which is obtainable from a number of Andalucian banks. "

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:20 pm

At last someone is confirming what I have been writing on here for years :D Most said I was wrong.

i was their

Postby i was their » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Yes absolutely correct you have to go on a 3 day spanish course and do a test in spanish
You need all the said identification before hand then get liability insurance to fish once you have sat your three day course and pass their are two per year

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:45 am

This is an account of my experience on getting hold of a Spanish fishing licence that I posted on another forum a few years ago, but it's still valid today.
It's more expensive doing it through a 3rd party, but far much easier in order to gain your first licence.

In order to fish in Andalucia you will first need to buy a licence. But this is not a very simple
thing to do.
Because some "dipstick" in the Junta de Andalucia decided that fishing and hunting go together,
you must first pass an exam to show that you are competent enough to be allowed out in the
countryside!! you will also need insurance.
NOTE.
Anyone caught fishing without a licence, and/or insurance is liable to a hefty fine and the
confiscation of all their gear!

However there is a way to by-pass the exam.
Having just received my licence sin exam, I can vouch that this method works.

You will need TWO old UK fishing licences. In the eyes of officialdom in Andalucia these prove that you must be of sound mind enough to have been issued them, and that you must have passed any relevant exams in the UK.

Then go here and follow the steps below. It seems complicated and daunting at first because of
the crap site layout. But I have tried to cover all the steps.

http://www.telelicencia.com/

Hover over Licencias de pescar and click on Licencias de rio.
Click on Licencias de rio again on the new page.
Click on Andalucia on the map.
Under Licencia sin recargo, Click on Adquirir next to Standard (4-10 días) 29 €
Click no habilitados
Close the small pop up window by clicking cerrar under the text, and then click Adquirir again.
You will then see Licencia seleccionada, tick the box next to standard.
That's the license part sorted. Phew!
You now need to deal with the insurance bit.
(you can obtain your own insurance cheaper, but this is the easy option)
Click on pedir seguro.
On the next page click information y adquisicion
Next click Adquirir next to Seguro básico 25€ and fill in the form.
Select your form of payment visa or transfer, and that's it. (Almost)
You then need to print off the form containing all your details and your "numero pedido"
(Ref - number)
Put the form together with your two old licenses and a copy of your NIE in an envelope
and send to.
TeleLicencia S.L. C/ Cardenal Siliceo nº 35 escalera 1
entreplanta 2
Madrid
Your old licences and NIE copy will be returned to you.
In my case it took six weeks from applying to receiving my license. But who knows you may be
luckier.

This licence will be valid for one year only, but once you have your first licence it can be renewed simply by visiting a caja rural bank where you will be given a 5yr licence for less than the first one cost.

:thumbup:

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 pm

....OR ... Apply in person with a photo and ID at the Cadiz ministry of fishing and agriculture and get your Boat and/or beach licence on payment of the respective fee.

Once obtained, like a driving Licence, you can renew any time.

i was their

Postby i was their » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Today I have had another set back on obtaining my Spanish fishing licence

I followed the instructions on the Telelicencia form did all the appropriate measures ie sent up two old English licences NIE number waited and waited no licence

So decided to email no reply sent another email with all documents attached

And today got my knock back saying this way is no longer the case
They went on to say that 1991 to 1995 where valid this way what 91- 95 have anything to do with it I don't
know

Then it goes on about needing documentation of exam of fishing passed in other countries being accepted
With my old licence not meeting the criteria of the 91-95 mine was 2013-2014

Then it goes on to say about the exam in your region

So anyone reading this the only way of obtaining a Spanish fishing Licence is to sit the 3 day twelve hour day ( Coarse In Spanish ) Belive me I have been down every single rout now and have come up against this brick wall yet again

i was their

Postby i was their » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:42 pm

And this is the Email they sent back relating to the above
Dear customer, we received the documentation by mail but we can not process the license does not qualify then I put the documents you need to send to deal first license river fishing community of Andalusia.

Photocopy of passport.
Photocopy of fishing compulsory insurance (in case of not having it may acquire in the section on insurance)

Photocopy certified or original certificate issued by the appropriate agency issuing fishing licenses his country has passed an examination or course to process the licenses.
-Justificante old as a fisherman in other communities or countries through original certificate or copy attested by a certificate of environment or relevant bodies in which justifies that has had at least two fishing licenses from 1991 to 1995. Two original river fishing licenses of any community or country can also occur ranging between 91 at 95. (those who rule you are from 2013 and 2014 are worth)

As for payment, we tell you because we NOT charged until you receive the correct documentation waived.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:09 am

Sorry to hear that.
Maybe I just got lucky? The 2 licences from 1991 to 1995 rule was there when I applied for mine, but the 2 licences I sent were for well after and they were still accepted. Who on earth saves old fishing licences for over 20yrs?

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:31 pm

No wonder so many people fish illegally when you have to jump through this many hoops. what a joke.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Postby 24253597 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:51 am

It recently took me two weeks to get my Spanish fishing licence, steps as set out below,
1/ visited fishing shop in Pozo Alcon taking with me several old licences, the only ones they would accept were 1991 and 1993.

2/ Antonio the the owner completed the application, you will need to take passport and NIE and proof of address. He then gives you a receipt.

3/ You then wait for a letter from The Junta Andaluciaa, this will contain you permission to get a licence.

4/. Return to shop for insurance, this is obligatory in Spain and you won't get a licence without it.

5/. Take letter and insurance to bank, Caja Rural will do it, they will aske you if you want Trucha on it, this is trout so if you want to fish for trout you will need it, take al id with you, pay your money and they will print your licence, this is only temporary but will allow you to fish until your plastic card arrives.

6/ Go home and pack your gear to go fishing.

7/ Plastic card arrived following week.

Happy fishing, always make sure you have your licence and insurance with you when fishing or the old bill will Nick you!

ianvolvo46
Tourist

Postby ianvolvo46 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks for the response all but we are wanting to go sea (Mediterranean) fishing i do the same rules apply?