Acox Internet

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Dixie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Acox Internet

Postby Dixie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:34 am

Hi All

Just wanted to post this after the hell I've had with Conecta4 and Telefonica, I joined Acox in August thinking "Ok, let's see what this lot are like" and I have to say I was and am impressed. After calling about getting connected, I had two of their gents come to my home, explain everything and had it insalled within half an hour. Excellent service, friendly english gents and an excellent connection. Then comes the problems with payments from my bank Unicaja, who didn't release the direct debit because I had not informed them that Acox would be applying for funds. Two months I owed Acox, then i received a call from them to say what had happened and I add very pleasant about it aswell. I then speak to the owner Mark, who tells me not to worry we will sort it out, I can either pop into the shop in Coin or he can come to the house, we agree to him coming to the house and sort it out, may i say what a lovely gentleman. I have had no interrupted service since joining in August, no problems what so ever and friendly people to deal with should anything arise. For those who have had problems like myself with Conecta4 and Telefonica, I'd really consider Acox for your telephone and internet needs...Breath of fresh air they are!

http://www.acox.es/
To the world you are one person
To one person you are the world!

Dixie

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Acox Internet

Postby country boy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 pm

We are Acox and I heartily concur; we have been Conecta4 and before that Spansurf, both were patchy to say the least. Acox are totally 100%...and that is not advertising, I speak as I find :mrgreen:

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Its funny how different people have different experiences with Internet companies. We have been with conecta4 for probably about 5 years now and they have been wonderful with us. We are not in a good reception area and had a few problems at first. They came and changed the antenna for us but it was still not all that stable at times. So we now have a very expensive antenna - the same one that they use on the mountains and have not been charged for it. Just a promise to stay with them. We still had the odd problem with the wind and they came back and anchored it with wire stays to the roof for us. I couldn't ask for a better service. We pay for 512K and the speed is nearer to 1Mb most days.
We originally were with a Spanish company and it was a total nighmare.

mkeaton

Postby mkeaton » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:22 pm

As murbisa said. Funny how different people are posting opinions without checking facts. I run a financial company outside of Spain and therefore in big need of Internet. I have checked out the different companies which are out there to make sure to take the right choice and to make sure with on whom I spend my money. I realized that Conecta4 is the company I needed. They are not perfect, but they are the most professional which I found. They are the oldest around, invested in support people and have a large network. I have visited their office in Alhaurin El Grande and I have to say that they do have all what is needed to run their service, in other words, they spend the money to try to provide good service. I also check out a company called Acox and a company called Bamboo before deciding. I did not like what I saw regarding Acox. The technicians who run that company looks like that they are ex-conecta4 employees and what I saw did not impress me at all. I have been at their offices in Coin, if you could call it an office, its more like a garage. Have to say, not impressive. Regarding Bamboo, I can not talk a lot, because I could not find their offices. I have been in the technology park, but could not find them. So on Bamboo I can not talk. I have been with Conecta4 now for a few months and I had generally no problems, except a few hickups. But they have been always helpful and solved issues when I had them.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi mkeaton,
For a non English speaker you do write fair English.
To me this reads like heap big advertisment ...... :lol:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Funny this thread has just been resurrected after all this time.
Hope you don't think I have any connection with conecta4 Enrique - just a satisfied customer.
I speak as I find.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi mubisa,
No problem with your post,I like to read genuine end user experiences on their ISP. :)
I just felt that the latest post on this thread was not one of those. :evil:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm

anyone know who andy worked for before setting up acox ? ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri May 01, 2009 9:48 pm

spanish_lad wrote:anyone know who andy worked for before setting up acox ? ;)
Oh lord is this another guess who thread?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 01, 2009 9:51 pm

hahahah ... wheres a good troll when you need one ? 8)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat May 02, 2009 7:23 am

spanish_lad wrote:anyone know who andy worked for before setting up acox ? ;)
Conecta4, and b4 that, Celeste.

mkeaton

Postby mkeaton » Wed May 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi Enrique,

just my my view. BTW, anyone knows a good Sky TV installation company? Maybe this should be on an other forum.