And For Those Moving From Spain

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

And For Those Moving From Spain

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Yes..
And to those people who are now moving away from Spain,or have already left, I would like to wish you all good luck and happiness with your future lives, wherever you are going, wherever you are..

And I hope that you are leaving Spain holding your head high and you should be proud of what you have achieved, moving to a foreign country like Spain is what most people talk about , but never actually do..
I know that leaving has been probably a difficult decision to make, and I suspect many have had sleepless nights and tearful moments.

So you have had a great adventure, despite probably many pitfalls, and can I suggest that you leave any negative thoughts about Spain behind you, and go back with good positive thoughts and tell people about the good times that you have had whilst living here..

I'm sure that you will go back with a totally different outlook on life and be so much more prepared for whatever life throws at you.

And I expect that you will come back to Spain again, if only to visit, but you will never again be a tourist in Spain..you will be an ex-resident with so much more awareness of this great country..

I'm sure that all the members of the forum will wish everyone Good Luck...

Regards,
Gordon

avellana
Resident

Re: And For Those Moving From Spain

Postby avellana » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Gordon
What a nice man you are!

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Gordon, what a wonderful person you sound. We will be going in 10 days and agree with everything you have said. Yes I have had a couple of bad experiences, BUT they could have happened anywhere and we will go back with our heads held high, having had a wonderful experience and yes having done something that lots of people would like to do but for various reasons don't.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Well said Gordon!

Trato Hecho
Resident

Postby Trato Hecho » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:40 pm

I dont know where this came from Gordon but it sure sounds like a good place.
BENIDORM wrote:And I expect that you will come back to Spain again, if only to visit, but you will never again be a tourist in Spain..you will be an ex-resident with so much more awareness of this great country..
to back up your statement i spent 6 months in Spain almost 25 years ago and have since visited for varying periods, holidaying and buying property hoping and waiting for the day we can spend more time there. Living in Spain changes you, i feel for the better and gives you a diferent outlook on life to the normal one we seem to have programmed into us the UK.

I dont think you leave Spain havig spent any time there you just then spend time somehwere else.

kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kelly » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:32 pm

We know two couples fluent in Spanish we have got to know through our children that are leaving Spain to the UK after more than 10 years here after business became difficult. It is so sad to see confident people have to start all over again but I am sure and do hope they succeed.We have to help each other though geography makes it difficult. Having a business here is very demanding especially during the summer months.There needs to be more networking so as to try and make small business,s work here.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Well said Gordon and Kelly! I wish I'd met all you posters on here rather than the imposters I've met in real life - onwards and upwards :D

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Thank you for your kind comments... :oops:

I was trying to say, in my rather clumsy way,that although I'm always sad to see people 'pack up' and go,that I'm sure that they will all be fine and that they will benefit from their experiences of life in Spain...

I've known quite a few people who have returned to their 'home' countries , over the years, and that includes several nationalities.
Many have kept in touch, and on their return they have all settled down quickly and prospered, their children soon adapted well without major problems. Most have mentioned to me that they felt much more confident after their time in Spain...
At least 3 families that I know of have actually returned to Spain after spending a few years back 'home', and I know that at least 2 of them are doing fine on their second attempt...

Regards,
Gordon

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 am

beni,its been happening for years,bar owners mainly,dont feel sorry for them

estate agents nowadays,that makes me laugh

just feel sorry for the people that came here and couldnt quite make a go of it,the pentioners

peachy etc
jayne countys most famous song,google it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm

pietree wrote:
bob wrote:Jeeze,
after all this time,
just as shallow as your first post -
and here i was hoping that something would spark your life besides your ego -

Hey Bob,

Luv to meet you, I could introduce to to a bunch of English ar$%&oles round here that you would fit nicely into, Better in one place then we all know where you are, actually try the UK, :D theres even more like you there who we came here to get away from :lol: :lol: :lol:
Different country same mierda and just as many @ss-holes :lol:

Getting back to topic, many have left for other reasons than financial. (I know it is difficult to contemplate in A.com land) but, many go back from choice. Would be great to hear from some returners about their experiences back in the UK and what they miss. I think only Raquel has posted.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Cassandra posted one or twice after returning happily to UK. Obviously so happy now, that A.com holds no interest. :D Good for her, not so nice to hear that some people are having to go back and don't want to go, I know a few of those at the moment.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 pm

I speak to a couple of A.comers who have gone back. Yes, it's early days but kids settled, doing really well at school and parents working :o WORKING - can you imagine? I hope to find a part time job once we get back as I've "promised" my kid a pony :(

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Different country same mierda and just as many @ss-holes :lol:
:D Yeh, but a few on here have told us they have now made some great friends since moving to Spain, as if they never had any in UK. :D Begs the question, doesn't it? :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I hope to find a part time job once we get back as I've "promised" my kid a pony
That's £25 isn't it?
Dave

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Well...
I don't really know what to say, which is most unusual for me...I'm feeling rather embarrassed..

All that I can think of saying is THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart,

.... and I do mean that sincerely..Folks...

Your comments actually brought a tear to my eye, and the last time that happened was when I peeled some onions for my wife.....

And For the comments from the Doubting Kenny's, or should that be Thomas's.? whatever...

Anyway for the small minority of people who can't believe that most other people actually do care and have compassion for others..

I can only say a Big Thank You from The Heart of my Bottom.. :lol: :lol:

They Who Seek Insincerity in Others are Usually Insincere Unto Themselves...( Beni-Dorm 2009 )

The Kindest of Regards,

From....Gordon..xx

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm

BENIDORM wrote:
All that I can think of saying is THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart,

.... and I do mean that sincerely..Folks... ................Hugie Green 1979

I can only say a Big Thank You from The Heart of my Bottom.. :lol: :lol:

They Who Seek Insincerity in Others are Usually Insincere Unto Themselves...( Beni-Dorm 2009 )

And they who let insincerity get rammed down their throats and let it go without a mention are even more insincere unto themselves :idea:

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 am

DA...Kenny,
This is a Forum , and as such I expect to read comments and constructive answers, and differing opinions...not constant unproductive, sniping, sarcastic, caustic etc., comments...

It is not a competition, if you want to be number one...fine...I'm happy to be second, third or even last...I really don't care.

However..I'm not a 'punchbag', and I will hit back...usually harder..if I'm attacked...( verbally of course, I've seen too much violence in my life )...

Can we please now move on ?

Regards,
Gordon..

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 am

BENIDORM wrote:DA...Kenny,
This is a Forum , and as such I expect to read comments and constructive answers, and differing opinions...not constant unproductive, sniping, sarcastic, caustic etc., comments...

It is not a competition, if you want to be number one...fine...I'm happy to be second, third or even last...I really don't care.

However..I'm not a 'punchbag', and I will hit back...usually harder..if I'm attacked...( verbally of course, I've seen too much violence in my life )...

Can we please now move on ?

Regards,
Gordon..
Gordon,

I have no comments to make re. your last post as it was "sincere" and more stomachable than some of the others.

As for being no.1.....what does number 1 mean? and how would one achieve it? If it's by posting condescending snippets aimed at hopefully getting people telling me how lovely I am then I've no chance..........if it's by trying to be natural and as true to life as I am in the real world then you never know :D
I do not see you as a punchbag in any way,shape or form but I can't help but comment in an honest albeit some might think unfair/uncalled for way when the posts about "people moving back" etc. are designed purely for your own interest and the lure of praise heaped upon you.

So apologies, I've said it now and yes we can move on.
No hard feelings!

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 am

DA.
Kenny,
I accept your apologies, and next time you are in Spain , can I invite you and your wife for a meal at our humble abode, and perhaps then by meeting me in person you will hopefully form a slightly better opinion of me.

A good while ago I was sat behind you on a Monarch flight, I did wonder then if I should introduce myself..

Regards,
Gordon..

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Teehee Gordon you so should have done that!!

I have met Gordon and what you see is what you get, he is no different in the real world than he is on here....quite rare I think :)

Kelly ditto it is very sad and we think ourselves lucky every day to still be here, we have a job a business and a couple of other business' in the pipeline, as well as some happy kids :D

Diana x