Where in Spain?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Where in Spain?

Postby maddy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:29 am

My family and I have sold our house here in andalusia and are wanting to move elsewhere in spain. we have bought a moterhome and am travelling up the coast in that exploring possibilities as we go.

We have 150,000euros cash to buy immediately we see the house we like.

Now, the question is, does anyone know of any little obscure villages anywhere along the coast of Spain, that they consider nice?

We are looking for a house with seaviews in a quiet area. We dont mind where in Spain it is as long as it is by the sea. We dont want any big towns or holiday resorts.just quiet spanish living by the sea.

we have only got to the top end of almeria so far.

Ideas anyone?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where in Spain?

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 am

The northern Atlantic coast is beautiful . Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and the Basque Country. However in the coastal areas in rains a lot.

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:10 pm

well thank you mark for your quick response. i have noted those areas down and will google them for estate agents. one thing, i speak spanish.would that be ok in that area or would i have another whole new language to learn?i must admit we hadnt thought of that coastline.we are not liking almeria anymore.it feels like being in london with all the english voices heard now.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi maddy,
Still a long way to drive.......... Cantabria .....love that place...... might find you will take some getting used to the dialect if you're used to the Kings Spanish. :o
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:48 pm

thank you also, Enrique.I have been googling that area and have found the area around the coast to be very packed in.a few around Laxe area looked good but have no land too speak of.
we are after a more rural yet coastal feel.a house alone with good sea view. any more ideas as i continue to keep looking?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Have you had a look at the small villages on the coast road running from Adra in Almeria down towards Nerja,ther are quite a few small villages, our villages is very Spanish and not a tourist resort at all, 70 people on the padron, in fact we had 2 dead dolphins on part of the beach last year, and because nobdy is ever on the beach they died, shame !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:58 pm

You sold a property :mrgreen: well done. Now write a book on how its done in a recession. Take your time & do NOT rush into anything. Cash is king.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Don't worry about speaking Spanish in the north of Spain. everybody speaks it. In the villages of the Basque country, Basque is Spoken however, the village would have to be very isolated for them not to be able or want to speak Spanish. Only a small percentage speak Basque all the time,so you wouldn't need to learn it
In Galicia they Speak Gallego, but it's similar to Spanish a sort of mixture between Spanish and Portuguese. I think If you already speak Spanish you would pick it up quite easily or at least you speaking in Spainish while understanding Gallego
In Cantabria and Asturias they only speak Spanish. and should be similar to most other parts of Spain, except the Andalucian Spanish which I find a little bit difilcult to understand specially when the accent is very thick

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:24 pm

more rural yet coastal
a house alone with good sea views
150.000 euros
Does such a property exist?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 am

It does Scot' take a look at this link, you couln't get closer to the sea than this, it was 185k but it has been reduced, I believe it is quite nice inside, small I believe, but as close to the sea as you get, and great views Lol ! Too Spanish for most people.
Hope things are still good for you in the UK !

WWW.kyero.com/property/603091-town-hous ... a-alcazaba

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am

Doesn't look spanish owned, too tidy, no junk in kitchen...and the bedspreads match :lol:

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Definately not Spanish owned as no crosses or photos of Jesus nor dolls on the bed :shock:
It was the house alone and more rural than coastal that got me :?
Julie I'm still happy thanks. Driving wind and heavy rain today but I got an interview with the local M&S on thursday - keep your fingers crossed please!!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Looks OK Julie,
But personally I'm always a little suspicious of 'bargain property', usually find they have dodgy paperwork, are illegal, about to fall over a cliff, or next to the crematorium or gas works.. :lol:

Still always worth checking out...

Regards,
Gordon..

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:07 am

Asturias, it's a natural paradise don't you now :D Not too hot, not too cold (as long as you stay coastal....ish), TBH it's all gorgeous but the Llanes area is nicest IMO. Easy to hit either the ferry or Aviles/Santander airports too as the motorways are never busy.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Beni

It is a genuine sale, the people who own it are from Ireland.
I think the village goes unnoticed as people use the motorway and so don't pass this bit of coast road ( I am happy about that ) and as far as I know there are no British estate agents in Adra, that house is with a agent in the Granada province, theres 25k people live in Adra, and not one British bar, think that puts people off too. This village is all related to one another, so not to many places come on the market.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 pm

I have walked past these "bungalows" on a trip to Almeria, they are very quaint but not worth half of the asking price, you are paying for the view.
You could not stay there for any amount of time as you would have cabin fever in a week.It is one room that combines all living areas and two tiny bedrooms,no outside space except the roof and nothing to look out on as the bedroom is at the front.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:53 pm

I haven't been inside the property myself, but I know its for sale, as it has a for sale sign outside, most unusual here.
There are 4 children 2 adults and a big dog live in there, maybe I will make friends and go and take a lool Lol !

gazpacho

Postby gazpacho » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 pm

It can be done. We are in the process of buying a 2 bed cortijo near Albuñol in the Costa Tropical area. Total plot said to be 1600 sq mtrs. Nice garden area with space for a pool. We don't have sea views admittedly but can be at La Rabita on the coast in under 10 mins and property has nice hillside views. Deatched and not overlooked at all.

Cost €83,000 - all going through at the moment and we should be completing in around 1 months time.

Gaz :thumbup:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Is that 1,600 (one thousand six hundred) square metres or 16,000 (sixteen thousand) square metres?
Let's go Brandon!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm

"We don't have sea views admittedly "
That´s a blessing then! ;-)

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/201 ... 7198.shtml
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?