Where in Spain?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where in Spain?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I hope Julian doesn't see that video! :mrgreen:
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Horrid! Somehow rubbish on a beach, washed up by the tide, seems worse than rubbish on land. Don't ask me why but perhaps it's my expectation that a stretch of coastline will be beautiful? :( :( :(

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't understand why the Junta is spending millions of euro promoting Andalucía and allows this to happen. That dreadful plastic is all over the place. I remember that area had a sea of red algeae last year. The authorities claimed it was harmless but the spanish forums claimed otherwise.

The problem on our local beach is the fishermen! There hardly used to be any but now there are lots in the evening, they leave beer cans, pizza boxes and lots of broken fishing line with lead weights on. I spend a lot of time clearing up if I take the dogs early am.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I hope Julian doesn't see that video! :mrgreen:
He won't believe it to be true!! :wink: Good grief that looks more like Dharavi!

Katy those fishermen, and we may be talking about the same area I think, they leave a right mess, and they light fires leaving all the mess afterwards. Infact I think they probably break every beach law.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

"Horrid! Somehow rubbish on a beach, washed up by the tide, seems worse than rubbish on land."
I think this is case of illegal dumping, not what the tide has brought in. A lot comes from the illegal plastic "greenhouses" close the beach. I'm just amazed how the authorities can turn a blind eye to it all!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

"He won't believe it to be true!! :wink: Good grief that looks more like Dharavi!"
No, he'll have an excuse for it. He's probably scouring the internet as we speak, trying to find something worse in UK. ;-)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Well he's not having much joy so far judging by the silence, bet he's fed up typing "turds on Fistral beach" into Google :thumbup: :lolno:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Ah but when google throws up "did you mean Kurds on Fistral Beach" that will be yet another reason why Spain is so much better than UK :wink:

gazpacho

Postby gazpacho » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Is that 1,600 (one thousand six hundred) square metres or 16,000 (sixteen thousand) square metres?
One thousand six hundred. Not massive but gives us a nice amount of outside space. We didn't want acres as its for retirement. Just enough for us and our dogs and a pool.

Gaz :D

pip001

Postby pip001 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

And dont forget our spa Gaz room for that as well
Pip (Gaz OH)