Renewing NIE

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Renewing NIE

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm

she said "eso no vale, te faltan el nuevo, el verde".

I´m not going to argue with you, if I´ve done it and I´ve got the paperwork, it must be right in their eyes. If that´s not the way that "is right" then that´s not my fault.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

My wife and I are going to Torre del Mar to get our "new NIEs".
Got the forms filled in OK.
I know both of us have to present the forms in person but If we don't get seen before 10:00 I won't be able to pay the money at the nearest bank.
So if I get to the bank before 10>00 on Tuesday will both my wife and myself have to collect the " new NIEs"?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi - could I as a for clarification regarding the "renewal" of NIEs please? We are non-resident and our bank has just charged us each €6.82 and a €29 fee for PETICIÓN CERTIF. NO RESIDENCIA. The last time this was done was 2008 and the total cost was considerably less. I am confused as to why this needs to be done if the NIE number stays with you for life. Could anyone please clarify for me what is happening here, and also advise as to whether I can do this more easily myself by downloading and filling in the necessary forms.
Thanks

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I believe this is something entirely different - because you are non-resident, your bank has to annually notify some central authority that you hold the account, and charges you a fee for so doing.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Its appears that David Seale is out of touch, I also have been told that I need the new green form and that it will only be valid for 3 months, more paper work to keep the useless goverment worker in lifetime employment :crazy:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:33 pm

anyone know whay this privlidge will cost me tomorrow Lol ! probably still won't be enough for them :(

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Julie,
Where are you getting this new info from............?
Have you any official links to post ?

I guess it will cost you.......10,20€........any other takers :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR JULIE AND OTHER POSTERS

Who told you that you needed a new NIE form, Julie? As we have posted before on this thread, and on others, NIE is for always. As to the "resident" and "non-resident" bank accounts, the holder of the "non-resident" account is subject to having his "non-resident" status reviewed periodically. The bank checks with the Ministry of the Interior and receives from them a note which states that the person in question is not registered as a resident. The fees for this service have risen steadily. And, yes, the advantage of the non-resident account is that 18 per cent withholding tax is not withheld. Now that I think about it, if I was a bank, I would require that all "resident" accounts need the same verification, and I would request the Ministry of the Interior to send me a certificate stating that the resident was registered as a resident. I would double the fees and imagine how much this would bring in, as there are many more residents than non. Julie, it is not that I am "out of touch" as that you all seem to be doing quite well.

Good luck with it, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm

The police have told me, I do not want to stay for more than 90 days, I just need to show my NIE, but the guys who deal with the passports say that my NIE is years out of date and that it is now green/blue and last 3 months and will not accept my current NIE as valid, they also won't renew it at El ejido they say I have to go to Almeria city as that were it came from in the first place, I am going around in circles :(

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 pm

In words of one syllable: the green form is not a NIE.
Amongst other things, it shows your NIE, but a NIE it is not!
I would take a fluent Spanish speaker with you (preferably with a good command of gutter Spanish) and make enough fuss that they might just realise that they are wrong.
Last edited by peteroldracer on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi,
Having just reread all the "Renewing NIE" posts..........what a confused bunch.........

Julie :: "I do not want to stay for more than 90 days"

But having the Green Certificado de Registro de Ciudadando de La Union allows you to stay longer.

It has your current Spanish address, NIE, Where you were born, and your Mum and Dads names :!: :!:

The irony...... the bottom line says it's not valid form of ID .

BUT it smooths the way round for doing things in Spain........... 8) ... all for 10euro

How come you're involved with the Policia......now that's a more interesting line...... :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

You would never believe it if i told you, even with all forms of id I have show they still say I could be a person pretending to be me :crazy:
My friend who happened to be with me at the station is Spanish, luckily for me my other spanish friends brother is a abogado and has offered to go with me, but I am going to have another go myself first :eh: , so If I can't sort it tomorrow I will take him his up on his offer, watch this space Lol !

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:56 pm

The link Cid has posted to download the form doesn't work,anyone got a link that works, could save me some time tomorrow.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 am

Try this one Julie. There are some problems with links on the site at the moment.

http://goo.gl/b9Y35

For everyone's information the page that gives links to all the various forms is http://goo.gl/8s3R1

Sid