Travel to Ireland

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Travel to Ireland

Postby maddy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:54 pm

freinds of mine, who were renting in spain, were going to come back and live in england.
however, they has just heard that if they goes and lives in southern ireland instead, they can claim E198 a week dole & E150 a month for each kid. surely this cannot be true? i want to advise them to be cautious but cannot find information myself. i get 88pound a month child benefit here in uk and do not believe for one minute that they could get all that in ireland. does anyone know if there is truth in the matter?

patchdog
Resident

Re: Travel to Ireland

Postby patchdog » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Certainly I know that if you are in receipt of unemployment benefit in the UK, you can claim the same amount of benefit over here, after jumping through certain hoops.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 pm

1 There is no such country as Southern Ireland
2 Why not ask these qusetions on an Irish forum?

:thumbdown:
Dave

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Mowser wrote:1 There is no such country as Southern Ireland
2 Why not ask these qusetions on an Irish forum?

:thumbdown:
I'm in Dublin. I agree with mowser :lol: . But we love free loaders here. Send them over to us. Lots of dole money and childrens allowance. They will be right at home here with the romanians and nigerians. A takeaway here costs more than a sit down meal in spain. No amount of dole will give you a life here. Why the hell would a brit want to live in Ireland for the social welfare benefits ? Its called welfare tourism...... we dont make it easy for them.