Spending community fee`s

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
davey
Tourist

Spending community fee`s

Postby davey » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi,

Could you please assist, our subcommunity president is saying that they are removing flowers and replacing with gravel and wooden sleepers.

My question is this, without owners having a vote on if they would like the flowers etc removed and replaced with gravel and wooden sleepers along the border`s can this be actioned by the president?

Thanks

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spending community fee`s

Postby Miro » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:23 pm

If it's accomplished within the approved annual budget for maintenance, I can't see a problem with it. On the contrary, sounds like a pretty good idea - whatever it costs will no doubt be more than compensated for pretty quickly in reduced water bills.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR DAVEY

Removing flower beds and replacing them with gravel certainly alters the appearance of the Community area. This is an action which must be approved by the assembled owners at the AGM.

The President has exceeded his authority in this case and can be called to account for it.

Good luck with it, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

davey
Tourist

Postby davey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am

Thank you David for the information.

I do have another question and hope that someone could offer advice.

Our community of villa`s and apartmnents have a number of swimming pools and garden`s, we where lead to belive at out 1st community agm ( community bylaws ) that these pools could only be used by the releveant subcommunity owners.

The subcommunity owners paid for the maintanace, in their community fees for the past 2 years, however upon having the administrator check the General Community statutes it would seem that the legal opinion is that the swimming pools and gardens should come under the general community budget. Where both villa owners and apartment owners contribute to the cost, and all owners can use any pool on the development.

My question is this, if an owner or subcommunity president wished to challange this legal opinion, what would the procedure be to follow?

Would there be any point in challenging this?