tax form 210 215, Confused and need help!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
beachbabe
Resident

tax form 210 215, Confused and need help!

Postby beachbabe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I am about to go to the bank and pay my non resident tax on rental income for Q2 2011.

As usual i went to aeas and modelo 215. BUT. It says:

Modelo sólo válido para devengos anteriores a 1 de enero de 2011.

Er, so what do i do exactly. And when?

I paid my Q1 rental tax on paper 215 with no problem. Anyway i've completed paper 215 for Q2 and will take it to the bank tomorrow. Why didn't the bank inform me of the change when i paid my Q1 tax. Surely they process hundreds of form 215s?

I gather that it is now going to be internet only. Is that correct? I will no longer be able to download a tax form 215? I'm not over in Spain very much and may be some months in Oz. This is really bugging me!!

What do i need to do and when. Please! Very detailed and step by step instructions are required as i know nothing about digital signatures and stuff like that.

Totally confused. Please help me - in detail.

beachbabe
Resident

Re: tax form 210 215, Confused and need help!

Postby beachbabe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:45 pm

I've now been through this thread (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25714&p=237289&hilit=210#p237289) and still don't understand. Why can i complete form 215 for Q2 rent tax when it is, from january 2011, invalid. Is aeat site incorrect and it is till usable.

Mind boggling!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

When you pay now 2011 you are paying for last year 2010 or so I think .
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 am

Yes, Julie that's 210 and i paid that for 2010 two weeks ago.

I'm talking about 215 for quarterly rental income.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 am

Form 215 has been discontinued. This changed on the 1st April that's why your bank accepted the old form for the first quarter. You now make this declaration on form 210:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=ES

This generates a PDF which you can either print out and take to the bank in the normal way or pay online with a digital signature which you would be able to do from anywhere in the world without having to come to Spain.

http://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?cha=cit&sec=3&lang=en

As from next year this will also apply to annual non-resident notional tax returns made in 2012 for this year.

I don't have time to go into detail now but have a look at the link to the form and ask again if you have any specific questions.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 am

Hi,
Has anyone obtained this new registration.........Beachcomber....El Cid.... :?:

If so some questions................
With the "Key" locked into your Browser, can you use it on another system and Browser :?:

Would the "Key" get removed when running programs like CCleaner :?:

Their site starts of well but all the sub sections are in Spanish, pity they didn't have the other languages, English, German etc, would make life easier for the occasional visitor with a property in Spain.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm

OK, i've filled in the new form online and pressed

validar y generar PDF

But the i get an error message :twisted:

Pagina 01: Error en Devengo. Periodo-. Campo incorrecto

Now i can't see where i've made an error.In this section i have left unchecked the agrupacion box. The rest i've completed as follows (the tax is for rental income for the second quarter 2011.)

Periodo: 2T- segundo trimestre

Ejercicio de devenga: 2011

Fecha de devenga: 30 06 2011

Thanks for the help so far, its enabled me to tear slightly less hair out. I'm still stunned that 2 days ago the aeat website allowed me to complete and print a form 215, and the tax office gave me sticky labels when this is not required :roll:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Enrique,

Once you have the keys you can copy them to another computer, make backups to a hard drive or memory stick etc. They are normal files so they do not get erased unless you erase them.

You must, however, initially complete the process on the same computer using the same browser.

Beachbabe,

I don't know why that won't work. I have only used this form so far for the reclaim of the 3% retention as I declare my rental income as a resident on my annual tax return.

If it continues to give an error you will need to contact the AEAT helpline on 901 335533 and press the option for 'Informática'. It may be that you have to tick the 'Agrupación' box or select 'Trimestral' rather that 2T - Segundo Trimestre'

One other possibility, try leaving the 'Fecha de devengo' blank. Hover over the question mark near this box for details. It looks as though, if you complete this box, you have to select 'OA - Anual' as the 'Periodo'. If you resolve this either yourself or through the helpline perhaps you could let us know the result.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi beach

tried perming all of those suggestions. Same error message.

Wasted a day now.

I'll go to the bank tomorrow with the form 215 and report back if they've had othe problems.

I assume others pay this tax!

My Spanish is not up to talking on a helpline about the new 210 form.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:40 pm

I will have another look at this later. The problem is that I can't try to duplicate the error with a hypothetical declaration as a test because it goes through to AEAT once it is validated.

I have a feeling that Fincalospinos declares for this tax as a non-resident so he may be able to say if he has sucessfully made a declaration with the new system.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 am

Some other things to try. Instead of selecting '2T- Segundo Trimestre' as 'periodo' try 'Trimestral'. Make sure you have selected 01 as 'Renta Obtenida'.

When you go back to the form after unsuccessfully trying to 'validar y generar PDF' all of the boxes go blank and you have to complete them again.

You can overcome this by clicking on the box 'Optativo: Grabar Fichero' before trying to validate. This generates a file with your NIE number as its name in a folder called 'AEAT' on your hard drive. You can then copy these details back into the form by clicking on 'Optativo: Importar datos de fichero' and selecting the file with your NIE number as its name.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

OK apologies!

I must have lost it last night.

So, ticking the box agrupacion and blanking the final date box seemed to do the trick. I do think they could have explained what agrupacion means in this context - and prevented me from downloading the useless defunct form 215.

Thanks for all the help. Now I can go off and pay it.

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Just wanted to confirm that the payment was processed this morning. Thank goodness, no more need for sticky barcode labels. :thumbup:

Incidentally the bank manager said i was one of VERY few non residents who pay spanish tax on their rental income, but that the spanish taxman is now linking leccy bills to tax forms and putting two and two together to find rented property. She reckoned they were starting with residents as easier targets, but would switch to non residents in a year or two.

It'll have the rest of the english in our apartment block quaking, that's for sure!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Don't forget that you only pay the notional non-resident tax pro rata for the number of unrented days when you pay the letting tax separately.

This is done automatically when you declare rentals on a resident tax return and there is no need for quarterly declarations either.

I have read before about AEAT linking electricity bills to rentals but I think this is just some scaremongering on their part. All the owner has to say is that he and his family use the apartment at weekends etc and unless they are actually going to send inspectors to check it is going to very difficult to disprove.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Oops! Have I misunderstood?

Do I now just complete one form 210 every june for each property.

Not a 210 every 3 months for letting income AND another one in June each year for imputed (proportion of year not rented) rent.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 pm

You pay the notional income tax annually pro rata to the number of days the property was not let. You do this at any time during the year following that in which it becomes due so for 2010 you pay any time this year up until 31st December unless you have more than one property when you do it before the 30th June.

You pay your actual rental income tax every three months when you have income to declare.
Let's go Brandon!

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Yep, apartment plus separately purchased garage so 30 June deadline as opposed to 31 Dec. I love these quaint little differences.

You'd think, with the amount of tax these countries need to raise, they'd make it simple.

No way :crazy:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Beachcomber wrote:

I have read before about AEAT linking electricity bills to rentals but I think this is just some scaremongering on their part. All the owner has to say is that he and his family use the apartment at weekends etc and unless they are actually going to send inspectors to check it is going to very difficult to disprove.
First remember that in Spain, in these matters, you are guilty until proved innocent!

Yes an owner could claim that but most significant lets are going to be for more than a weekend so it would still be easy to spot if it was being used as a rental.

They are getting pretty good at tightening up - Hacienda increased their tax revenue by 28% last year and that's in a recession!

Look at what happened when they asked tax payers to give the catastal number of the house they were living in. Hacienda just tagged that back to the owner and if the owner was different then it had to be a rental - they collected huge amounts of money.

Sid

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 am

Hello

I will soon be submitting my tax return for the second quarter for rental income on a Spanish property (i'm non resident.)

I understand that modelo 215 has been superceded by the new look modelo 210. And from the previous exchange of posts I can seee how it should be completedd.

However, with the old modelo 215, you had to submit it within 20 days of the quarter end, but you were unable to submit it before the quarter end.

I did submit it early once, and by default the tax office considered it the same quarter for the year before and issued a surcharge!

I will be away for the whole of October. Does anyone know if I can both complete the new modelo 210 and submit it before the end of this month. Or could I complete the form now and ask a freind to post it to the bank for payment 1st October.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:07 am

Sorry, that should have been 3RD QUARTER, of course!