land

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
House in Vejer
Tourist

land

Postby House in Vejer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:10 am

Does anybody know of a website where you can find the names of the owners of plots of land in the Cadiz province?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:52 pm

The only way that I am aware of is from the property registry web site but you need the registration details of the properties. You cannot do it by just entering the address.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:18 pm

Good question. I thought that most of Andalucia was digitally mapped and if you can understand maps you should be able to discover the Parcela number. This is given as Province, Municipio, Polígnono and finally Parcela. I have not attempted to obtain the ownership details from using this method but at least it enables identification of the land as detailed on the Catastral ? http://www.catastro.minhac.es/webcadastre/default.htm

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:45 pm

Nige, I am pretty certain that you need, at least, the finca registral. Although the Sigpac program will identify the plot, identification of the owner cannot be done from the poligono and parcela number alone.

Unfortunately the fincas registrales are not in numerical order so even if you know the details of the one next door the finca registral for the adjoining plot will be totally different.

To be able to obtain this information from Catastro you need the permission of the owner which defeats the object of the original exercise.

'Cadastral information can be requested by anyone interested in acquiring a particular property. Personal information (name, legal domicile, fiscal identification number and individualised cadastral value of the real estates) can only be obtained by the owners of the property in question or by those presenting expressed written permission from the owner or who are able to prove a legitimate and direct interest in the property in accordance with Organic Law 15/1999 and Law 30/1992.'

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:10 pm

That's a bit of a nonsense ! Not unexpected mind you. However if you could locate the Parcela by use of Sigpac then presumably this may help with identification somehow !? Maybe a clever estate Agent *beep* Lawyer will tell us how it is achieved :? I am sure they know.

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:17 am

The Ayuntemiento has a record of owners (or people who get the Impuestos de Padronado) which can be available if the staff are friendly and are presented with a good reason for the request.
Or maybe you could identfy the owners of the adjoining land by calling in and ask them?
Slainte,
JohnP.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:03 am

Having tried to do the same myself I can tell you it is not that easy.

If nobody in the town hall will tell you and after all why should they and the land is land with no building on it, where would someone find out the true owners name and contact details.

It is not a legal requirement to register land or property at the land Registry. I have a friend who would dearly love to buy a plot of land with small casita opposite his place. Having tracked down the names mentioned on his own escritura none of them are up to date and has drawn another blank.

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:20 am

Very true - some land has never been registered, making tracing the owners most difficult, but that was what the owner wanted :wink:
In that situation the only option is local knowedge, adjoining landowners, the guardia forestal, etc, etc. It pays to have been very friendly with all these people, so that they are responsive at times like this. :)
Slainte,
JohnP.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:47 pm

jpinks wrote:Very true - some land has never been registered, making tracing the owners most difficult, but that was what the owner wanted :wink:
In that situation the only option is local knowedge, adjoining landowners, the guardia forestal, etc, etc. It pays to have been very friendly with all these people, so that they are responsive at times like this. :)

Mr Pink, I wish you would stop winking at me, it´s unnerving!

I do know most of the landowners, and given the vast areas the forest rangers patrol I can assure you that they have absolutely no idea who most of the owners are.

What other ideas do you have (without the winks please)

Mike

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:54 pm

House in Vejer... What is your reason for asking?
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:20 pm

I wanted to find out who owned a piece of land which had not been registered, but which was mentioned in my escritura because it was adjoining. I noted the names mentioned in the escritura but found (as you did) that they were inaccurate. On asking around, I discovered that the names were of long-dead people who had left the land to family, and I was given some possibilities of names of the sons and daughters, so I got the phone book and started looking for them. It took a while and quite a lot of phone calls and more chatting to the other neighbours, but I got the owners in the end.

:nowink:
Slainte,
JohnP.