Touched.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Touched.

Postby mhic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

quebin
Resident

Re: Touched.

Postby quebin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:24 pm

After David Attenborough lying to us on the BBC I'll not believe another documentary!
The moon landings never happened either.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Never been a fan of Attenborough. Always been a bit of a luvvie...or plonker in my words! All the stuff he has ever done he hasn't really. Hardworking researchers and underpaid experts do all the groundwork and he just "appears" for the camera shots. Just fantasy Disney type movie stuff...take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy it for what it is, show business entertainment :|

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I loved Frozen Planet. It didn't bother me at all that the bears were born in a zoo.It didn't take anything away from the overall brilliance of the programme. More than 99.9 per cent of it was quite clearly shot on location.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:29 pm

markwilding wrote:I loved Frozen Planet. It didn't bother me at all that the bears were born in a zoo.It didn't take anything away from the overall brilliance of the programme. More than 99.9 per cent of it was quite clearly shot on location.
I totally agree.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:57 pm

I watched a programme on BBC2 yesterday about Yellowstone Park. There were some shots taken from the air of bison (I think) in the snow that were identical to Frozen Planet shots. It was some years old!

Grandson is very disillusioned as he bought the DVD and the book for his Dad at Xmas. He wanted to take them back but his Mum said NO :(

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:54 pm

That's because they are a whole series of programmes that are intertwined. For instance, Planet earth covers everything but each episode covers a theme without going into too much depth, then the other series that are spawned from it covers each area in more depth.
These series are absolutely brilliant and just because some idiot journalists tries to make something from absolutely nothing doesn't change anything.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Amazing indeed but I'm not sure about 'WILD' Mountain gorillas! Nevertheless I wouldn't have had the courage to sit there after reading, two weeks ago, that an American woman had her face ripped off by a friend's 'pet' gorilla. She's just had a face transplant but remains blind. I think the title is apt. 'Touched'. Well, the people certainly are!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:15 pm

markwilding wrote: These series are absolutely brilliant and just because some idiot journalists tries to make something from absolutely nothing doesn't change anything.
Not just one "idiot journalist". There has been a lot of discussion in the media and several other instances of fakery. The caterpillar was actually filmed in a box. The Atty voice over script proves intention to deceive. The episode re. melting ice caps was biased and inaccurate too. I am suprised there are many defending this blatent deception :? Perhaps they don't like admitting they have been conned. I didn't watch it anyway, only the trailer hypes and I thought same ole emotive stuff, polar bears and ice :yawn:

Similar is when they are showing long lost jungle tribes :roll: Fact is they pay locals to enact the stuff. Bit like paying a group of flamenco dancers for a programme about Spain.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:50 pm

The next thing you'll be telling me is that Father Christmas doesn't exist.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

katy wrote: I didn't watch it anyway, only the trailer hypes and I thought same ole emotive stuff, polar bears and ice :yawn:
Can you not see the irony of that statement?
Last edited by markwilding on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 pm

It was absolutely brilliant, beautifully filmed didn't worry me that some scenes were filmed in the studio, it would have been impossible to have filmed those young cups in the wild and it was just amazing to learn about the life of that caterbillar. The photography was spectacular. David Attenborough is wonderful and very knowledgeable he didn't study zoology for nothing, he was the one that bought natural history into our drawing rooms - anyway he is my neighbour in the UK! - :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"