Paradores

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Frank, on the above the words banging, head and brickwall spring to mind for some reason. :lol:

20 mins in Benidorm eh, take it you didn't care much for it :lol:
Would be surprised if you spent more than 20 mins in Torrevieja, and lived to tell the tale.
I wear it well...........

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Tripadvisor, good link, thanks 8)

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:44 pm

Some are expert at finding falt with other, and could/should take a closer look at themselves.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:54 pm

MaggieMay wrote:Frank, on the above the words banging, head and brickwall spring to mind for some reason. :lol:

:D

20 mins in Benidorm eh, take it you didn't care much for it :lol:
Would be surprised if you spent more than 20 mins in Torrevieja, and lived to tell the tale.
No, we stayed in Jávea and drove down to Benidorm, suffice to say it wasn't for us. Mind you, millions go there, including the Spanish, and love everything about it, so that can't be a bad thing. I'm a great believer in each to their own. Reminded me a bit of when we had a look at Magaluff, think we lasted even less there! We went to Torrevieja about 15 years ago with friends that had a place on a golf complex, and it wasn't too bad. Went back about 4 years ago, bloody awful! Houses have gone up on every spare yard of ground, traffic horrendous, no room on the beaches, and an incredible crime rate. Not for me!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:04 pm

I agree, we make our own choices and each to his own.
I have only seen Torrevieja in his current state, pretty awful I thought. I have friends who sadly without research bought two places and moved there. They hate it but can't sell. I think it may have had enough bad press now to encourage people to research and make their own judgement.
Magaluf, never been, but suffice to say that being as my daughter thinks it is fantastic, I would likely hate it. :lol:
Enjoy your holiday.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:34 pm

I'm a great believer in each to their own and would hate to offend others with a constant song of..its not for me..tra la la... but..tra la la, as... everyone is free to make their own judgment..lots do think it is fantastic...who are others to judge in such a manner, without taking into consideration the feelings of others...Picking on others and ganging up..insulting..and snide remarks seem to be popular on the forum..and is one of the reasons I am answering, because its something I hate.. it would be easier to say nothing..

If that is a good example of intelligence...then you are right franc...I´m not.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:50 pm

Silver, what you have just written could apply to you. Try a little tolerance. Why query which hotels I may wish to stay in. I could have had the builders in. As to insinuating that the posting was a sales pitch both Frank and I have made hundreds of postings without pushing anything. Sometimes its better to keep quiet if you don't have an answer and anyone can google!