Tolls on A22 between Ayamonte and Portugal

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
John & Kath
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Tolls on A22 between Ayamonte and Portugal

Postby John & Kath » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

pilgrim2 wrote:Cost 11.23 euros for airport day return, paid by debit card, no cash option, small bus stop like shelter at the border crossing, all quite straight forward. Did not see a machine at the airport, though it is undergoing extensive renovations.
It has been said that the temporary booth will be removed on the 8th January just in time for the start of the holiday season.
COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

http://costaesuriresidentsassociation.yolasite.com/

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm

That's very useful information - thanks.
I am now wondering what people will do if they want to overnight in Faro before returning to Spain. Presume you need to buy a different ticket ? Would be wonderful to see an actual picture of these ticket machines.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Flan_taster There was a 3 night option on the options page I was on, but I imagine it would take you a lot of time to go throught all the options, I could take a photo next time (in 2 weeks), but uploading it on to here might me too much for me :) may be someone else (raffiki?'??) might do this for you.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Well I imagine that it is fairly self explanatory on the machine and I read on the http://www.estradas.pt/portagensestrangeiros page that for 3 days of use it costs €20

3 days (light vehicles): Fixed cost of 20€, regardless of the number of journeys made in highways with electronic toll only. Maximum purchase of 6 titles per year.
Unquote

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:02 pm

I just paid for the Faro toll online OK. For Class 2 it was 9.63€ one way (we will return via N125).

Pretty straightforward and website now in English.
Brian.

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 pm

How long will it be before Spain installs tolls on their side of the bridge easy way to raise some extra revenue...

John & Kath
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John & Kath » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm

flan_taster wrote:Well I imagine that it is fairly self explanatory on the machine and I read on the http://www.estradas.pt/portagensestrangeiros page that for 3 days of use it costs €20

3 days (light vehicles): Fixed cost of 20€, regardless of the number of journeys made in highways with electronic toll only. Maximum purchase of 6 titles per year.
Unquote
I have now been into the "bus shelter" at the Police post/Tourist information office this looks to me to be more permanent than first thought. It is substantial and concreted in, also it is connected to electricity and the internet. It has a sophisticated touch screen terminal.

It has three options available for download, the three day pass and the the five day pass all well explained and costed on the notice board and a return ticket to Faro airport with little explanation of how long it lasts or how much it costs but some one may be able to tell us. If you are just doing a pick up and return then it is the one to go for if you have to drop of within 5 days then perhaps the five day pass would be cheaper than 2 return tickets.

THE POLICE POST DO NOT LIKE TO BE INVOLVED AND DISCOURAGE ENQUIRIES. The Tourist iformation office have leaflets with an English page. The post office in VRSto Antonio seem a bit vacant when questioned and the Via Verde desks in the Town Shop in the Continente center in Tavira is to close in about a week, then you have to go to the old Market building in Faro.
Last edited by John & Kath on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John & Kath
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John & Kath » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

We finally bought the Temporary device at the Via Verde desk it will last us for 90 days and perhaps things will develop before it runs out. The real problem seems to be that if you want a permanant device it has to be linked to a Portuguese bank account or Caxia Geral bank in Spain (who's heard of that one and where is it?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 am

John & Kath wrote: linked to a Portuguese bank account or Caxia Geral bank in Spain (who's heard of that one and where is it?
It's Portugal's largest bank but doesn't seem to have that many branches in Spain. Details here: http://www.bancocaixageral.es/
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 am

Ooops. Double post again. Sorry
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

awoodhead

Postby awoodhead » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 am

Are there any special arrangements for hire cars picked up at Faro for use in Spain for 2 weeks or should I get a transfer and hire in Ayamonte.
Alan