Sad return to Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Sandramay
Resident

Sad return to Spain

Postby Sandramay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 pm

I've not been on here recently. I will be coming out to our cortijo at the end of March, but sadly not with Gavin, my husband for 46years. He passed away, unexpectedly and peacefully in his sleep on the 2nd Feb. Although he never posted on here ( he didn't know how) he read the posts daily and often commented on them. It kept him in touch with his much loved holiday home in Spain which, in ten years he turned into a little jewel in the campo. Many thanks to those of you that we know personally for your kind, thoughtful messages. They were truely appreciated by our daughters and myself
Sandramay

Marina
Resident

Re: Sad return to Spain

Postby Marina » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 pm

How sad! My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what a huge gap 46 years is going to leave in your life, but I hope there's some comfort in that he went in the best possible way.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Sandramay, We are so sorry to hear your sad news.

We also have been married for 46 years....

Our thoughts are with you.

Take Care.

Gordon and Pauline x

deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deb » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 am

Sandramay how sad for you, even though i do not know you ,you are in my thoughts and even though it may be tough for you coming out to your lovely house i am sure you will also have wonderful memories.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

So sorry to read your sad news Sandramay. My condolences to you and your family. X

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Sandra, it was lovely to speak to you this morning...and have managed to book a villa nearby to overlap with the first part of your stay! Looking forward to seeing you again. Will email you later with details.
Love
Karen x
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry to read about your loss Sandramay. Be happy that you had 46 good years with Gavin.
Dave

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Very sorry to read of your loss, Sandra.
Sounds as if you'll have some company though in the form of Karen - what a lovely gesture.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

I too am sorry to read your sad news, but am pleased you feel able to visit the place where he was so happy. My friend, who lost her husband last September, still can't bear to think about their holiday home in France, and wants to sell it as quickly as possible :(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Many thanks for your kindness. It will be different, even difficult returning, but I have some lovely friends and neighbours in Spain, as well as a garden that will need some TLC. It sounds strange to say, but I am fortunate and can count my many blessings. Our two daughters and three little grandchildren are reason enough to carry on, but Gavin would be really peeved with me if I didn't!
Over two hundred people came to his service and wake, so he touched a lot of lives both with his practical help and cheerfulness.
Karen, bless her, although only our daughter's age, has been a friend of this ole fogey for ten years. We met initially via the internet when we were both searching for a property in the Costa Tropical region. We've had many a laugh over a vino or three and I'm looking forward to seeing them all and meeting little Lucy for the first time.
Other friends have phoned and mailed as well, so although Gavin will not be with me, I shall not be alone. Besides, I think he will still be overseeing any jobs and making sure they are done correctly! Kind regards, Sandra x
Sandramay

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Sandra - just want to offer my condolencies, too. I'm sure returning will be emotional but the memories of the happy times will be a comfort.

Karen is great, isn't she - we chatted by PM quite a bit although not so much recently. It's good you will be meeting up again soon xx

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm

So sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope that returning here will bring back happy memories.