Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

You need to follow the information here:

AEAT Support
Let's go Brandon!

saibot
Tourist

Postby saibot » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks all for the suggestions.As it happened after posting my query I had no time to try the ideas before flying out to Marbella where I tried the form on my son´s computer. It worked and I was able to fill in all the boxes. An error message came up to say some boxes were wrong which were not wrong but I simply repeated it all and the 210 printed out perfectly. At the Bank the bar code reader couldn`t read the Bar Code but they could enter the numbers manually - then they needed a 3 letter code which the new form hadn´t printed out but they used the code from my spare etiquettas and all was well.
If I was in to conspiracy theories I might think this was all designed to encourage us to employ a lawyer or similar to do it at exorbitant cost or it is designed to make it such a challenge that when you finally succeed in paying the tax you are actually delighted!!
If you are not actually renting out the property why can´t the Revenue simply send us a bill?
Anyway thanks again for your help.
Saibot

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 pm

See this section of the FAQ:
Beachcomber wrote:Etiquetas (self-adhesive labels) will not be required as the bar code is generated by the program, however, the 'anagrama' is not reproduced. This is made up of the first three letters of your surname and a control letter and is required if the bar code reader will not read the bar code on the form. You should, therefore, either take with you to the bank a label bearing this code or make a note of it in pencil on the form.
AEAT IT department have been working on some parts of the site. If the form 210 is not working properly try installing this program:

Configuration program

it installs the following:

INTERNET EXPLORER
- Active X ( aeatctlclass, TGVI y adedinet )
- Agrega la página www.agenciatributaria.gob.es a sitos de confianza.
- Certificados Sede electrónica

MOZILLA FIREFOX
- signed applets codebase principal support: true por defecto
- Certificado raíz FNMT
- Certificado raíz Sede electrónica

and saves you having to do it manually.

Don't let them beat you into submission by paying a lawyer through the nose to carry out this task. I know the AEAT programs are not very intuitive or user friendly but we WILL overcome the problems!
Let's go Brandon!

johnbendall

Postby johnbendall » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 am

When paying for the 2011 (last years) income tax (which I am about to do now) do i use last years version of the 210 form (same as paper version) or the new online version which started this year? :?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm

For 2011 you use the new online version.
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Saibot wrote:

"At the Bank the bar code reader couldn`t read the Bar Code but they could enter the numbers manually - then they needed a 3 letter code which the new form hadn´t printed out but they used the code from my spare etiquettas and all was well".

A question for Saibot............Did you need the official envelope for the bank to return the last page of Modelo 210 to the local Tax Office?

[quote="Beachcomber"]

"You can fill in the form and save it in its formula format. I now understand that no information is passed to AEAT when you generate the PDF which would be logical because it always produces the same filename. The information is only sent when you make an online presentation with an electronic signature".

Also, the personal information entered on page 1 of the Modelo 210, is that scanned and sent electronically to the Tax Office by the bank?

Thanks for any feed-back

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm

I have now filled in the new 210 and paid at the bank, thrice. On no occasion did the clerk appear to send anything to AEAT, official envelope or not. When you produce the pdf there is no longer a "ejemplo para la administracion". Now, whether the bank SHOULD send a copy to the AEAT is another issue.

So the answer is no. No need for that special envelope or etiquettas anymore :D

Just a thoroughly idiotic, poorly planned, appallingly implemented new form :crazy:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm

The bank copy is marked 'Ejemplar para entidad colaboradora/administración' so, presumably, it serves both purposes. When the bank zaps the bar code or, if necessary, enters the information manually the information is sent electronically to AEAT.
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
I am returning to Tenerife in 2 weeks and will pay my tax at the Caja Canarias Bank, and
will ask what the procedure they use for forwarding the new personal information to the Tax Office.
Next year, I will be using the electronic signiture facility.
Thanks again.

baynigg
Tourist

Postby baynigg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Beachcomber wrote:You need to follow the information here:

AEAT Support

I followed the instructions but still no luck. Looks like I am going to have to get someone to do it for me, unless anyone has any other ideas.

baynigg
Tourist

Postby baynigg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm

With regard to everyone's problems using internet explorer, my advice is give up and try safari - it worked perfectly! :clap:

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 am

Next year, I will be using the electronic signiture facility.
:lol:

Oh, yes, they've made that as clear as mud and as slow as an arthritic snail. Keep your computer and its operating system in a hermetically sealed bag, and start trawling your identity around several queue intensive offices. Great fun!
I followed the instructions but still no luck. Looks like I am going to have to get someone to do it for me, unless anyone has any other ideas
Keep trying! If you follow the FAQ and this thread you will eventually succeed. If you do use a gestor for goodness sake insist he takes you through the process so you can do it next time.

How anyone can create such a bewildering form is beyond all normal understanding - especially for a cash strapped government whose country accomodates more foreigners than any other.

Complete madness!

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

This may have already been covered but i looked and i could not find on the forum.

My question is who are the people who need to apply for non-residency and what is the process for same.

Many thanks

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Problem with form 210:
I own an apartment and a separately registered underground garage space.
Up to now I have paid the renta tax for both the garage space & apartment

Each year I completed two 210 forms ; 1 for each

Now, I successfully completed the online 210 forms this year for the apartment .
When I repeat the process and generate a second form for the garage a prompt appears saying that there is already a file completed for this taxpayer and same tax year. I have the choice either to cancel the forms or let it replace the first one.

I could include both the apartment and garage on the one form or is there another form for someone with more that one property?

Thanks for any advice.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Just change the original filename slightly then it will accept the second one. If you want to re-import it you will have to change it back.

You cannot declare both properties on the same form.

The file should be found in C:\AEAT\210
Let's go Brandon!

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Beachcomber, thanks for that advice,

But changed original filename in C:\AEAT\210 at my end but when I generate a form with the new details it still says that there is a file in the AEAT with the filename of the one before I changed it.

and if I continue I will replace the original file with the new details

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Is the original file still in place? It worked for me by putting an a 'Z' in front of the NIE number but if you are still having a problem try creating another folder outside of the AEAT parent folder and move the original file to it then if you allow the program to overwrite the one it says is in C:\AEAT\210 you will not lose it.
Let's go Brandon!

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Beachcomber,

Everything ok. I did not realise that the prompt was only referring to the files in my computer and not to the files in the AEAT office. I thought that if I proceeded I would have overwritten one of the forms that I previously generated on the AEAT computer

Thanks

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Beachcomber

I need to complete the new form 210, can you clarify if I MUST have a digital signature to do so?

You refer to it in your posting of 1 January 2012, http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 18#p260418 and make reference to chrissiehope's "Digital Signature for Dummies" posting from 4 Sept 2011.

The process for obtaining the digital signature seems to be rather daunting, and with only a one week Monday to Friday visit coming up in May this year, spending time at the "authorisation office" isn't very appealing, and as I don't have a PC in Spain, only the UK, testing it out wouldn't be possible (unless I go to an internet cafe) until returning to the UK.

So do I have to have a digital signature to complete the Form 210 please?

Many thanks as always - Zanuck

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 pm

No you do not need a digital signature to submit the new style form 210. It is merely a facility that exists enabling owners who who do not come to Spain at least once during the year to submit and pay the tax from abroad. I have amended the FAQ to make this clear.

Without one you can complete and print out the forms whilst at home in the UK and bring them with you for payment when you next come to Spain provided that it is before the end of the year.
Let's go Brandon!