Pets

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Pets

Postby mijasgolf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:26 pm

If you have a pet and dont want to put it into kennels when you go away I highly reccomend Pets At Home.

It was good to come back of holiday knowing my two dogs and cat were happy.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 am

Are their charges extortionate?

I recently looked into this for 1 week in Feb for someone to dog sit & I almost fell over when I was quoted €500!! - I'm in the wrong job!

If you have details for pets at home, please could you PM me??

Many thanks.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:28 am

We passed this link onto friends and they were quoted €450 for 10 days to look after 1 cat.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:29 am

So they live in your home probably eat from your freezer use your gas electricity and water then charge you for feeding the dog or cat. Why did I ever pay for package holidays???

Mhic.

mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasgolf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:30 pm

To be honest I never had any problems.
And my home in Fuengirola was left clean and they bought their own food.
I loathed putting my two yorkies into kennels thats why i contacted them.
I dont think the price i paid per day for two dogs is bad plus my home was safe.

mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasgolf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:34 pm

all im trying to say is that there are some good services on the coast

Re: Pets

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:01 pm

mijasgolf wrote:If you have a pet and dont want to put it into kennels when you go away I highly reccomend Pets At Home.

It was good to come back of holiday knowing my two dogs and cat were happy.
mijasgolf, can you expand on this, is it a company, do they come and live at your home whilst you're away, how does it work please, thanks, Stan!

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:56 pm

mhic wrote:So they live in your home probably eat from your freezer use your gas electricity and water then charge you for feeding the dog or cat. Why did I ever pay for package holidays???

Mhic.
Mijasgolf appears very satisfied with the service.

When we lived in UK and then in France we used a similar service offered by a reputable UK company who have been advertising for years and vet all their house minders.

The problem with friends and family is that they dint have the same level of commitment and treat it as a free holiday and not a low paid job which involves is being responsible for someones pets and possessions and know how to cope in a crisis etc. and leave the house for only 1 hour a day.

It takes a certain type of person to do this. We were lucky to always get retired couples, 2 for the price of one!

For anyone with impeccable references its an enjoyable way to spend a few weeks away from home several times a year.

In my experience these people don´t do it for the money.

Mike

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:57 am

Hi.

I paid £700.00 to get my dog over here three years ago and that was on top of the £220.00 for the pet passport, and I did it without a second thought. But there is no way on gods earth I would pay someone, however honest clean and reliable etc, to use my home as their own and pay them for the privilege? Ooops, I forgot the about sons.

Now, I'm retired I'm honest clean and have no vices save for a love of liquor. I have 30 years of experience keeping GSD's and 25 years
keeping koi carp, at which I scratched a living. So any of you wealthy people want a dog sitter next summer I'm your man but I must have plenty of notice so I can get the house let for the while I'll be below at yours.

Fee's for the service are negotiable and they'll be no charge at all for herself.

Mhic.