Thanks 'Jimbo the Scott'

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
BIFFA
Tourist

Thanks 'Jimbo the Scott'

Postby BIFFA » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 pm

I just want to say a big thanks to Jim (and Arthur) for a first class service in moving our entire four bed villa contents back to the UK.

We had lived in Spain for nearly four years but because my wife was taken ill in September and needed constant treatment I decided moving back to the UK was our only option.

I initially contacted Jim to ask his advice on hiring a van and moving the stuff back myself and what where the pitfalls if any.

He emailed me back the same day with a list of pluses and minuses! and told me what to enquire about and routes I could take.

I was very impressed by his honesty and the fact he could quite easily just ignored my email, after all I hadn't asked for him to move me but how I could move myself.

After I spent a few days doing a bit of research including ferry, insurance, van hire and toll charges it became evident that to say the least I was looking at 'Biting of more than I could chew' and all the problems Jim said I might encounter we're very real.

So the next time I emailed Jim was to ask for a quote lol

My schedule didn't quite fit in with Jims dates but he was more than helpful by driving down to us and picking up our stuff two days earlier than planned.

His pick up and drop off times were virtually to the minute!, he was always quick to reply to emails or phone calls and nothing was too much trouble for him.

So thanks again Jim for all your help and making our move simple and stress free.

Cheers, Tony

Note for any potential future clients of 'Jimbo the Scott'
Jim has an excellent quote for when your packing boxes "If you can't pick up a box when you've packed it, there's a bloody good chance I won't be able to pick it up either

fyfin
Resident

Re: Thanks 'Jimbo the Scott'

Postby fyfin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Just bumped into Jimbo and Arthur in Turre last week when they were delivering some furniture to an owner in our apartment block. Jimbo moved our stuff over and from start to finish was absolutely brilliant, always keeping you in touch and everything delivered when he said it would be.

I spoke to our neighbours regarding their delivery last week and they said exactly the same so he must be doing something right. I know that, now we are thinking about coming out permanently, I will probably be contacting him again, so it's good to know he is still performing! :clap:
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Is it normal for it to take several days to get a reply to an email asking for a price from him?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I know he's in the Uk at the minute but that shouldn't make a difference as he has his laptop with him. I usually got a reply same day or next day if it was late.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 pm

I had a reply from him in no time at all and he is in UK, I was hoping he could do my move but he could not fit me in. Good to be busy, best of luck to Jim.

jimbothescot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jimbothescot » Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 pm

I have replied to Peter.

His mail must have arrived just before I got on the ferry on my way back home to Spain and the 2 places that I usually stop at on the way down to check e-mails for some reason would not give me internet access even though laptop said I was connected.

Just finished doing three 14 hr shifts to offload the lorry so that I can fly back to Scotland tomorrow for my nieces wedding this weekend.

My apologies to Peter for the delay in replying.

Jimbo