Selling a Car/Bike in Spain

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
dawn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Selling a Car/Bike in Spain

Postby dawn » Tue May 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi, could someone advise process for selling a bike/car (spanish reg) in Spain please?

I understand the need to use a Gestor...and a transfer fee..but in what order and how long does the process take?

Would we be wise to release the vehicle to the buyer while the paperwork trail takes place or not? (once they have paid in full)

scotty
Resident

Re: Selling a Car/Bike in Spain

Postby scotty » Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm

What type of bike is it ? :?:

dawn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby dawn » Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Scotty I will send you a pm.

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm

if you have the correct paperwork do it all yourself.

its really easy. pay the tax to the government , pay the €50 traffico admin fee, make sure the ayutamiento tax is up to date (idealy with an ITV as well) turn up with the forms, orginal paperwork and lots of copies and they will transfer and do the paperwork in front of you!!!!

I paid twice for a gestor for the cars but never again!!! they take month and month and like a lot of things in spain they are simply not worth the hundreds of euros they charge in fees!!!

I originally thought it was going to be really complicated but went to traffico and they explained everything and told me where to go and what to do.

Essential with a gestor you are paying for an assistant to wait in a queue instead of you. when they can be bothered to do it.