Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Sat May 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Bozena&Colin,
Welcome to the Forum.......... :)

"Couldn't get the our Computer (Windows 7) to run the Configuration - as still need to find how to run it in as Administrator"

Right click on Application and you have the choice to Run as Administrator.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
Where on the AEAT site do you pay the Non-Resident tax using the Digital signature.

Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed May 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Here:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... GF00.shtml

Click on 'Presentación de declaraciones'.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
Thanks for that link.
Do you get any confirmation of payment , it just seemed to fizzle out after going to obtain the NRC.

Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I think the confirmation will come from your bank when the declaration is presented for payment. You may well receive an acknowledgement from AEAT via your secure mailbox (060.es).

Also have a poke around under 'Consultas' on that link I gave you.
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 pm

We are due to pay the non-resident's tax on our house. As we have never done this before we asked our asesoria to calculate it for us. We have just heard that the amount we owe is 181€, which is the same as our IBI for the year. Is this usual? Friends of ours with a similar (but older) campo house say they only pay around 40€ for their tax, so either they have got a very small catastral value or they are working it out incorrectly!
Last edited by Wicksey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Wiksey,
I had you down as a Resident with /without the bit of paper.
To have to pay the Non-Resident property tax you have to have Tourist status, i.e you spend most of your time out of Spain.
Have to await Beachcomber/El Cid for the take on this one............ :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 25, 2012 2:30 pm

There is no longer any such thing as a residencia and it had no bearing on your fiscal status which depends on whether you spend more or less than 183 days in Spain in any year.
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 26, 2012 9:25 am

We bought our house last year as non-residents using our passports as ID rather than a Spanish resident card, plus our UK address

We have been told that the tax office will need us to pay the non-residents' tax on the house as we didn't buy it as residents
Last edited by Wicksey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 am

You can calculate the tax for yourself by multiplying the valor catastral by 0,264%.
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Beachcomber wrote:You can calculate the tax for yourself by multiplying the valor catastral by 0,264%.
Thanks .... based on last year's IBI bill it works out at only 70€ :think: ...... mmmmm ..... I shall have to check this out next week. I have looked at the English instructions for the form 210 you have done the link to and it seems that I can proportion it as well since we bought the house 6 weeks into 2011, if I am understanding it correctly?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes, divide the taxable base by 365 and multiply by the number of days you owned the property in 2011.

You may find that this utility will help:

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 pm

We bank on-line with La Caixa, and have always paid our tax by filling in the 210 and paying by cash in our local branch usually in September
However before we went over earlier this month I noticed there was a message for me from them, this was about 2011 Renta.
Just been on-line again checking standing orders etc and now see they have everything about paying taxes etc, links to the Padrone Programme etc.

Is this just a coincidence or a sign of the times?
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Just been to our asesoria and found out that the 181€ quoted as tax included their fees too! So I said I'd do it myself ... thanks to all the help Beach has given us on here :thumbup: .

However, we did also collect our new residencia cards - the tiny credit card-sized green certificates. They show us as having been permanent residents since 2003 even though we haven't been for much of the time in between. I wonder if this means we could do the usual resident tax return instead of the non-resident (even though we bought the house as non-res)? The tax isn't much and I don't want fines in the future as I believe that the tax office is looking at all the house purchase records in order to see who has avoided paying it.
Last edited by Wicksey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 28, 2012 5:32 pm

You have to decide but my own opinion is that if you submit a tax return as a resident they are very unlikely to bother checking if you should have submitted it as a non-resident. The green certificate has no bearing on this whatsoever.

However, the amount you declare as a resident must be sufficient to reflect your lifestyle. AEAT may find it difficult to believe that you are able to live in Spain on an amount below which you are liable to pay tax.
Let's go Brandon!

infogirl

Postby infogirl » Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Beachcomer,

I'm hoping you can help me. When I brought the new forms to the banco popular in Duquesa while out on hol last week they told me that we were missing a 'three digit code'. According to the lady at the bank the code is suppossed to prepopulate where the payer's name is printed on the top left hand corner page one. I'm not clear what they were talking about and checked the previous old forms submit by the lawyer and can't find any other code. I've followed all your instructions for input and printing the modelo 210 everything seemed to work out this end. The woman at the bank definitely seemed very familiar with the new forms and had good english aswell - that's why I'm at a loss. Again,I thought that our printer might have let us down. But when I look at the forms they have three bar codes printed with a 13 digit receipt number over one of them. She insisted there should be a further 3 digit code appearing where the the name is listed. As this is our first time to do this, I thought maybe we needed to apply to marbella for the stickers or something. As I said before, we always got the lawyer to do the taxes and I just wondered if we are missing a step in the transition from fiscal rep to doing this ourselves? Once again thank you for all your help.

Thank you for all your help.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm sure BeachComber will be along in a minute but in the meantime could she be referring to the "anagrama" that he referred to in his notes

"Etiquetas (self-adhesive labels) will not be required as the bar code is generated by the program, however, the 'anagrama' is not reproduced. This is made up of the first three letters of your surname and a control letter and is required if the bar code reader will not read the bar code on the form. You should, therefore, either take with you to the bank a label bearing this code or make a note of it in pencil on the form."

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Stoker, I think you are probably right.

Infogirl, If the bar code doesn't work the bank will need the 'anagrama' to enter manually. It is a fault in the program that it does not appear on the PDF when it is generated and is not anything you are doing wrong. I have spoken to AEAT IT about this and they said they will look at the possibility of including it. It should not be too difficult to achieve because it is shown on my wife's three monthly IVA returns on for 303 which uses the same system.

Meanwhile, just take along a label or make a note of the anagrama and give it to them
Let's go Brandon!

infogirl

Postby infogirl » Tue May 29, 2012 8:54 am

Hi Beachcomer,

Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance but what is an anagrama and where can I find it? The lawyer did all of this in previous years so I don't have any stickers. I'm wondering if this is something that came up on the screen prior to printing the pdf which I should have taken a note of. Sorry for all the questions!!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 am

Hi,
The more questions the better...............seems A.com members being used to "test" the new Modelo 210.
I tried an on line payment but it just "fizzled" out, so will go the Bank rout when next over.
Anyone managed to pay using Digital Signature :?: