Moving to Andalucia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Midnight Rambler

Moving to Andalucia

Postby Midnight Rambler » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:41 pm

Im planning to move to Andalucia in the near future, I've made five visits so far and have some ideas of the areas my family would be comfortable with, as yet I haven't made it to Ronda or Casares, I would appreciate any comments on the above mentioned areas, and I guess, looking at the map, they're pretty close, all comments will be appreciated, thanks.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:07 am

have you got kids ? dont move inland.

have you got a pension? dont move inland if u dont.

have you got relatives visiting frequently? dont move inland.

can you drive ? if not, dont move inland.

have you got disabled relatives ? if so, dont move inland.

do you speak perfect spanish? if not, dont move inland...

anything else u wanna know ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:59 am

spanish_lad wrote:have you got kids ? dont move inland.
Why ever not? I know plenty of Brits, Americans etc who have successfully moved to inland Andalucia and who have kids, of all ages. What's the difference between living on the Costa with kids and living inland with kids?
spanish_lad wrote:have you got a pension? dont move inland if u dont.
Totally confused by this statement. What has having a pension or not got to do with where you choose to live?
spanish_lad wrote:have you got relatives visiting frequently? dont move inland.
Because? Plenty of airports up here too you know! We also have a road system and lots of places to visit.
spanish_lad wrote:can you drive ? if not, dont move inland.
We even have a good public transport system too...
spanish_lad wrote:have you got disabled relatives ? if so, dont move inland.
Are you saying there are no facilities for the disabled inland? How do you think the Disabled element of the Spanish population have managed all these years?
spanish_lad wrote:do you speak perfect spanish? if not, dont move inland...
.....because what? There are no Spanish classes available?!

Strange advice Spanish Lad. Do you have a vested interest in encouraging people to stay away from "inland"?!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:29 am

hilly u nutta :D

hahahahahhah

i have friends that live in casariche (u remember that town? :p) it takes them 5 hours on the train to get to malaga and the coast / airport. it makes pickups before 5pm impossible.

there is no real transport system. they have nothing to do up there. u may know people with childeren..granted those of scool age will have friends and go to school, what about the ones who are 16-25? what about those that are of that age and dont have a job and cant speak spanish. do you think it will be easier fro them on the coast or inland?

if you had kids i would feel sorry for them :( you in-considerate git. you think that because you feel perfectly capable living in the campo, that a group of teenagers would feel the same way? i say that if someone has childeren, moving so far inland, into the campo is a selfish and inconsiderate act.

i say dont move inland if you dont have a pension because if you have no income you will find campo, or general ANY life unbearable and in-tolerable.

plenty of airports? where ? seville, granada and...erm.. thats it, and there are no cheap flights to these airports from london, are there ? ...

good public transport? where ? not to all towns. maybe to estepa and osuña/ bobadilla, but all the rest, you have no chance of getting about.

i am saying there is no provision for the disabled inland, yes. i am saying that cobbled hill-side streets are no good for wheelchairs. how have they coped? the disabled spanish hardly ever go out of their houses or walk around town. how many wheelchairs do you see on streets that cars would have trouble getting up ?

i say dont go if you dont speak spanish because, like my friends you will find life very difficult with no-one to talk to, no-one to ask advice from. tell me hilly, in the first year that you were in spain, how many spanish speaking people came into your house for a cup of coffee? i´d bet 1 or none.

stop looking at everything in your rose tinted glasses. life in spain is not the dream you make it out to be, everything is not as simple as u think it is. maybe you should see things from other peoples point of view for once. imagine moving to spain from a childs point of view. imagine it, for one second..

you tell your child / children that you want to move to spain. they have to leave their friends, their lives, their school...everything they have ever known...everything they ever know. they cant even DO what they want, DO what they are used to. imagine if you normally go to the shopping centre every weekend with friends.what if they normally get mcdonalds? what if they prefer burgerking? they cant do that here, not inland. all they have is the internet, all they have is a world where they are submerged in a society and culture where they know nothing, where they know no-one. how many english kids want to go to ferias, to go to the casa de cultura and look at the exibitions.. no-one. people with your attitude really need to get a grip on reality. kids dont want the same things that people of "your" generation want. why does no-one understand that? why does everyone with children expect their kids to just give everything up and do what they want ? why cant anyone see that kids have their own lives and deserve to be treated like people and not just another piece of baggage that you have to bring along with you ?

you argue that you are right and that your opinion is the best, but you think about things from only your point of view.. why not look at it from other peoples perspective? the big difference between living on the costa or inland is that living on the costa is just like living in the UK, with sunshine. living in the campo is like living in the uk 20 years ago. alot of the houses outside towns dont even have electricity yet...have you not noticed that alot of people from those litle towns will travel to the coast to go out on a friday and saturday night ? why do you think that is ?

Rossini

Inland

Postby Rossini » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:29 am

We live inland, have a small child who now can go into the street and play, has fitted into school perfectly, likes the food has adjusted to the weather and has LOTS of spanish friends.

We can speak quite good spanish and are learning more everyday.

We have lots of friends and at least twice a week we have spanish friends for coffee or are invited into there house.

We have just booked flights from Granada airport to London for 1 cent.

There are several local buses a day from the Town so we can get about if the car is off road etc..

I have a disability and find your comment degrading I manage just fine we all have our own limits.

My husband has got so much work he does not know which way to turn.

Oh and up here where the tumbleweeds roll down the street we are delighted by the fact we have electricity, running water even tv!

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:21 am

Spanish lad, is your head so far up your own back side that your whole sad little life revolves around the beach and not a lot else? :?

We've got kids, they are happy and our teenagers have a life!!! :D

We live inland and only yesterday we flew back from UK (London Stansted) to Granada because it was cheaper than Malaga!! :D

We live in a village...wait for it...with a BUS TIMETABLE!!! :D

I have Spanish lessons...Inland :D , and my husband has a great job...Inland!!! :D

Maybe you should get out a little more...you might like it!! :wink:
Donna

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:39 am

Spanish Lad does have a point - but it should be taken in context! Yes it's true many people have moved to Casariche needing work to discover there is very little apart from olive picking or a working 14 hour day in a mantecado factory for the 4 months they are open. It is a rural community afer all! Yes, it is very difficult to integrate with the spanish here, or sort out work men, or get things done at the town hall if you don't speak spanish, but not impossible.In the two and a half years we have been here we have gone from no one speaking a word of english to loads of people dusting off their school dictionaries and having a go! We tell them we need to practice our spanish so they now don't bother with english to us. As far as I know unless you are buying a ruin in a field most legal houses have access to electricity, though some are on well water (no bills) and a lot have septic tanks. We had a friend who uses a wheel chair visit us last year she was amazed that there were so many disabled loos etc - the only place she had a problem was in Gib!
Really moving any where requires the same amount on homework. In the UK would you move to a welsh speaking comunity miles away from work, airports, buses etc if you needed something different? (No jibe meant to the welsh - just the only example I could think of). Nor would you go an live in some of the cornish villages that only have a bus once a month (to coincide with a market) and Beeching axed the railway in the 60's unless you have a car. So, do you homework, don't leave your brain on the plane, and don't be suckered by a pretty house with a nice view which may appear cheap but may well have all the disadvantages mentioned by spanish lad. As an estate agent told us, 'Buying a house is a doddle - selling one a different matter all together.'

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:45 am

spanish lad, how dare you oppose the views of the "inland elite"

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:58 am

Midnight Rambler
have some ideas of the areas my family would be comfortable with
You seem to have taken the right precautions to make sure that where you move to is right for you and your family...there is a place for everyone...but you did not mention what is right for you...which makes it impossible to comment. (whats good for the goose...)Spain is a wonderful country and there is something/somewhere for everyone...keep looking until you find yours.
However there is one thing for sure that will make or break your move...your very own attitude.. this is the most important of all, and making a good life for yourselves will depend more on this than any other factor.
The locals are very friendly, hospitable and quick and eager to lend a helping hand ...but also have a high temperament and will just as quick to counterattack when growled at..but very rarely fight ..they are very proud..and take offense when others try to change their culture... Far more Spanish speak/understand and are learning English than visa verse, in fact a large % of the English working in Spain make their living from teaching their language...Those who wish to integrate should make the effort to learn Spanish..although there are many coastal towns where there is no need whatsoever...young children adapt very well, teenagers or those who no longer attend school, will have more of a problem finding friends if you live in the country (inland)..and they will need their own transport ..but that would be the same in any village in any country...for those wishing to find work..well unemployment is a national problem.

PS If you are a Midnight Rambler bring a good torch, as country lanes do not have lamp posts.. :lol:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

luffes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby luffes » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:17 am

silver wrote: If you are a Midnight Rambler bring a good torch, as country lanes do not have lamp posts.. :lol:
Neither do the toll roads :lol:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:48 am

Different ways.... understanding.
Here saying please and thank you are not on top of their good manners list, so don't expect anyone to say these all the time...
Saying good day/morning /evening or how are you, is...and is done when boarding a bus, entering a shop/office/bar or on passing someone in a village street or down a dirt track.
Inviting someone into your/their home is accompanied by a tour (if its the first time) and a genuine offer of refreshment (its is considered rude not to accept, without a good reason)
Queuing in file..a very English custom, is overcome here by asking "quien es el ultimo" (who is the last one) answered by a "yo" (me) then each knows where they are without the need to queue.
There are many other and perhaps someone knows of a book that would help new arrivals to understand the country they have chosen to live.
People here eat with a fork in their right hand..changing to left when cutting is required.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:38 pm

spanish_lad wrote:you in-considerate git.
Why does what I posted warrant being called an inconsiderate git exactly? Do please explain.

You seem to be under the impression that "inland" Spain is either campo or whitewashed villages of steep cobbled hills. If you were to venture inland at all you would find villages, towns and, heaven forbid, even cities which have all mod cons, railway stations, bus services and some are even flat! Just in this area....Pedrera, Sierra de Yeguas, Campillos, Lora de Estepa....hardly a hill in sight!

We live pretty much equidistant from Malaga, Granada & Sevilla airports and we and our visitors choose to use the latter two because flights to and from Stansted or Luton or Liverpool are so much cheaper than flights to/from Malaga airport.

And if you want to learn Spanish then surely that is going to be easier and happen faster away from the Costas? If you want to get a job (wherever) then you should learn Spanish - we all live in Spain after all. In fact there is so much competition for jobs and work on the Costas that in fact it may be easier to get work or start a business "inland"? The cost of living "inland" is also lower for those who are not fortunate enough to be of independent means - one's euro goes further.

Anybody with specific requirements concerning a place to live will, I'm sure, be able to judge whether or not a specific town is suitable for them and theirs but to make such sweeping generalisations about this place called "inland" Andalucia is not IMHO valid advice.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:12 pm

I think Spanish lad does speak spanish and he doesn't live on the coast. I know transport has improved but you have to do your research its not good everywhere. I wouldn't live inland unless I had 2 cars.

When I was a teenager I would have been appalled if I had been dragged off to a Spanish village. Whats their future? working for a few euros an hour or marrying a local waiter or a truck driver or something? I have spanish relatives but we only came here when our two children had completed their education, what happened to giving your children choices.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:59 pm

katy wrote: I wouldn't live inland unless I had 2 cars.
Why would you need two cars? Surely you can only drive one at a time? :wink:
katy wrote:When I was a teenager I would have been appalled if I had been dragged off to a Spanish village. Whats their future? working for a few euros an hour or marrying a local waiter or a truck driver or something? I have spanish relatives but we only came here when our two children had completed their education, what happened to giving your children choices.
With todays transport consisting of cars, trains, motorbikes, buses etc, why would todays teenagers have to stay in the village to work?

Alot of the adults in villages are certainly not stuck in the 'olden days' regime of working close to home. Sure there are alot of family run businesses here but they are still mostly modern day people with a life! If they choose to stay and work in the villages then earning a few euros an hour is about all they will need. My husband works 1/2 hr away and he takes home more here than in the uk.

As for giving our teenagers choices we did and still do. We have said if they ever feel they want to return to the uk then we will. No doubt about it. The thing was, in the uk, they knew the problems of going out and the possibility of getting mugged or worse and are glad of the freedom they now have. Obviously not all teenagers are like that but we certainly did not make light of the fact that we were taking two teenagers and two younger children to live a completely different life to what they knew. They have no regrets and so nor do we.
Donna

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: Inland

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:18 pm

Rossini wrote:We live inland, have a small child who now can go into the street and play, has fitted into school perfectly, likes the food has adjusted to the weather and has LOTS of spanish friends.

yes, thats right, you agree with me then? children of school age fit in well. i am not talking about children that young.
Rossini wrote: We can speak quite good spanish and are learning more everyday.
good for you. so you should - you do live in spain after all.
Rossini wrote: We have lots of friends and at least twice a week we have spanish friends for coffee or are invited into there house.
Well done, thats how it should be.
Rossini wrote: We have just booked flights from Granada airport to London for 1 cent.
and how much was the tax? i dont believe that you have booked flights with a TOTAL cost of 1cent. you are lying.
Rossini wrote: There are several local buses a day from the Town so we can get about if the car is off road etc..

thats handy, i´m glad for you, where do you live? i bet its no more than 20 minutes inland. i´m talking about "properly" inland, an hour or more. not just somewhere that you cant see the beach. :roll:
Rossini wrote: I have a disability and find your comment degrading I manage just fine we all have our own limits.
oh right, you have a wheelchair? you wheel yourself up and down cobbled streets? thats fantastic, your arms must be as thick as tree trunks :D my mum has a disability too, she is not in a wheelchair, and doesn´t have a problem living here.
Rossini wrote: My husband has got so much work he does not know which way to turn.

and what does your husband do, prey tell.. it seems that we are in the wrong jobs then...that or there is a high demand for the type of work your husband does...or he doesn´t do much each day so always seems to have lots to do...
Rossini wrote: Oh and up here where the tumbleweeds roll down the street we are delighted by the fact we have electricity, running water even tv!

you may have, but i am talking about the MAJORITY of houses.. not just the ones IN town...how about the ones on the outskirts? how about the ones on the road to or from your wonderful town?

Donna and Paul wrote: Spanish lad, is your head so far up your own back side that your whole sad little life revolves around the beach and not a lot else?
no, not really. i have been to the beach maybe 10 times in 6 years. i have neither the money or inclination to head to the overcrowded, overpriced beaches of the costa del sol. i have better things to do and more important things to spend my money on.
Donna and Paul wrote: We've got kids, they are happy and our teenagers have a life!!! Very Happy
i would bet money that although they tell you that they are happy with their lives in spain, i would bet good money on that they are lying to you to make you happy and make you feel better about the move. i bet you drive them around, and give them "pocket money" too :roll:
Donna and Paul wrote: We live inland and only yesterday we flew back from UK (London Stansted) to Granada because it was cheaper than Malaga!!
which airline was that with then ? i´m very happy for you if you did.
Donna and Paul wrote: We live in a village...wait for it...with a BUS TIMETABLE!!! Very Happy
perhaps you do. i bet you dont use public transport to go to the coast or the airport or to go shopping, do you ?
Donna and Paul wrote: I have Spanish lessons...Inland, and my husband has a great job...Inland!!!
well thats good for you. is he an estate agent? and you are a "stay at home mum" ? ...
Donna and Paul wrote:Maybe you should get out a little more...you might like it!!

is 2000 KM on my cars odeometer enough "out" for you in one month? i do more milage in a month than you do in 6.
jane grant wrote: Spanish Lad does have a point - but it should be taken in context! Yes it's true many people have moved to Casariche needing work to discover there is very little apart from olive picking or a working 14 hour day in a mantecado factory for the 4 months they are open. It is a rural community afer all! Yes, it is very difficult to integrate with the spanish here, or sort out work men, or get things done at the town hall if you don't speak spanish, but not impossible.In the two and a half years we have been here we have gone from no one speaking a word of english to loads of people dusting off their school dictionaries and having a go! We tell them we need to practice our spanish so they now don't bother with english to us. As far as I know unless you are buying a ruin in a field most legal houses have access to electricity, though some are on well water (no bills) and a lot have septic tanks. We had a friend who uses a wheel chair visit us last year she was amazed that there were so many disabled loos etc - the only place she had a problem was in Gib!
Really moving any where requires the same amount on homework. In the UK would you move to a welsh speaking comunity miles away from work, airports, buses etc if you needed something different? (No jibe meant to the welsh - just the only example I could think of). Nor would you go an live in some of the cornish villages that only have a bus once a month (to coincide with a market) and Beeching axed the railway in the 60's unless you have a car. So, do you homework, don't leave your brain on the plane, and don't be suckered by a pretty house with a nice view which may appear cheap but may well have all the disadvantages mentioned by spanish lad. As an estate agent told us, 'Buying a house is a doddle - selling one a different matter all together.'
thankyou jane, my sentiments exacly, you literally took the words out of my mouth. that, those are the exact things i wanted to say, but un-intentionally sounded rude about it.

out of interest, where did you find public toilets, let alone disabled ones!!! :shock: you certainly wont find ANY public toilets in my town, or indeed yours, as far as i know?
diaper bob wrote: spanish lad, how dare you oppose the views of the "inland elite"
thats more bloody like it, disagree with anything that is said on this forum and it normally gets removed, i´m surprised my post is even still there. are the mods asleep? :twisted:
silver wrote: Midnight Rambler
Quote:
have some ideas of the areas my family would be comfortable with

You seem to have taken the right precautions to make sure that where you move to is right for you and your family...there is a place for everyone...but you did not mention what is right for you...which makes it impossible to comment. (whats good for the goose...)Spain is a wonderful country and there is something/somewhere for everyone...keep looking until you find yours.
However there is one thing for sure that will make or break your move...your very own attitude.. this is the most important of all, and making a good life for yourselves will depend more on this than any other factor.
The locals are very friendly, hospitable and quick and eager to lend a helping hand ...but also have a high temperament and will just as quick to counterattack when growled at..but very rarely fight ..they are very proud..and take offense when others try to change their culture... Far more Spanish speak/understand and are learning English than visa verse, in fact a large % of the English working in Spain make their living from teaching their language...Those who wish to integrate should make the effort to learn Spanish..although there are many coastal towns where there is no need whatsoever...young children adapt very well, teenagers or those who no longer attend school, will have more of a problem finding friends if you live in the country (inland)..and they will need their own transport ..but that would be the same in any village in any country...for those wishing to find work..well unemployment is a national problem.

PS If you are a Midnight Rambler bring a good torch, as country lanes do not have lamp posts..
thankyou silver, at least someone can see things from an...intelligent and non-biased...point of view. Afterall, we all come here for banter and advice dont we, theres no need to shout and disagree for the sake of it, at least you can see my point is well made, if not a little...aggresive..at times.
hillybilly wrote: Why does what I posted warrant being called an inconsiderate git exactly? Do please explain.

You seem to be under the impression that "inland" Spain is either campo or whitewashed villages of steep cobbled hills. If you were to venture inland at all you would find villages, towns and, heaven forbid, even cities which have all mod cons, railway stations, bus services and some are even flat! Just in this area....Pedrera, Sierra de Yeguas, Campillos, Lora de Estepa....hardly a hill in sight!

We live pretty much equidistant from Malaga, Granada & Sevilla airports and we and our visitors choose to use the latter two because flights to and from Stansted or Luton or Liverpool are so much cheaper than flights to/from Malaga airport.

And if you want to learn Spanish then surely that is going to be easier and happen faster away from the Costas? If you want to get a job (wherever) then you should learn Spanish - we all live in Spain after all. In fact there is so much competition for jobs and work on the Costas that in fact it may be easier to get work or start a business "inland"? The cost of living "inland" is also lower for those who are not fortunate enough to be of independent means - one's euro goes further.

Anybody with specific requirements concerning a place to live will, I'm sure, be able to judge whether or not a specific town is suitable for them and theirs but to make such sweeping generalisations about this place called "inland" Andalucia is not IMHO valid advice.
i didn´t mean to be rude towards you hilly, mearly disagreed with your post. i´m sorry if it came across as rude, or ungrateful for your imput. all opinions are welcome :)

Katy wrote: I think Spanish lad does speak spanish and he doesn't live on the coast. I know transport has improved but you have to do your research its not good everywhere. I wouldn't live inland unless I had 2 cars.

When I was a teenager I would have been appalled if I had been dragged off to a Spanish village. Whats their future? working for a few euros an hour or marrying a local waiter or a truck driver or something? I have spanish relatives but we only came here when our two children had completed their education, what happened to giving your children choices.
AT LAST!!!!! thankyou katy, my sentiments EXACTLY; nail on the head and all that :) thankyou, that is EXACTLY what i meant. this is the kid of thing i am talking about - at least some people can see my point - i dont pretend to know everything, but i know what i wouldn´t like. like everyone else on here, all i was doing was giving my opinion. i am entitled to that, right?

(y claro que si, tu conoñces de yo, vivo en el "interior" y hablas español mas o meños bien. no soy el mejor yo sabes que esto es el verdad, todo los dias aprender mas palabras...como todo de nosotros, no?)

damn.. i´m tired after all that cutting and pasting :D lol ;)

i dont mean to offend anyone, i´m just offering an opinion.

i see it from the point of view of a 17-23 year old. its different to most peoples views.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 pm

spanish_lad wrote:i didn´t mean to be rude towards you
So calling me an inconsiderate git was what.....unintentional?!
spanish_lad wrote:i see it from the point of view of a 17-23 year old.
Ah, that explains it!! You're still a baby with lots of growing up to do. Bless.
spanish_lad wrote:all opinions are welcome
Why thank you for your permission, I didn't realise you ran this site. But now I know I shall certainly be more respectful. Young Sir.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Donna and Paul wrote: Spanish lad, is your head so far up your own back side that your whole sad little life revolves around the beach and not a lot else?
spanish_lad wrote: no, not really. i have been to the beach maybe 10 times in 6 years. i have neither the money or inclination to head to the overcrowded, overpriced beaches of the costa del sol. i have better things to do and more important things to spend my money on.
10 times in 6 years. No, sorry, can't top that one. Don't like the beach at all. Lived by the sea for too long and I hate crowds/sand. Totally agree with better things to do and more important things to spend money on though!
Donna and Paul wrote: We've got kids, they are happy and our teenagers have a life!!! Very Happy
spanish_lad wrote:i would bet money that although they tell you that they are happy with their lives in spain, i would bet good money on that they are lying to you to make you happy and make you feel better about the move. i bet you drive them around, and give them "pocket money" too :roll:
Ok, if I wasn't a good mum, i'd let you ask them yourselves. As you were obviously brought up to lie to your parents and perhaps you weren't close enough to be able to discuss your feelings with them, and also you do not know us so how can you possibly make a remark like that? As for driving them around they have scooters like other local kids-gifts from grandparents who live in spain and are in the bike trade, serviced and repaired with money they may get for birthdays and christmas or for doing odd jobs. All 4 of my kids get a euro on friday to get sweets with. They don't need anymore, sweets are full of crap but they are a treat. Other than that they are bought what they need and not alot else. We can't afford it. Have you ever tried to bring up four kids on an average wage?
Donna and Paul wrote: We live inland and only yesterday we flew back from UK (London Stansted) to Granada because it was cheaper than Malaga!!
spanish_lad wrote:which airline was that with then ? i´m very happy for you if you did.

Ryan air and thank-you!
Donna and Paul wrote: We live in a village...wait for it...with a BUS TIMETABLE!!! Very Happy
spanish_lad wrote:perhaps you do. i bet you dont use public transport to go to the coast or the airport or to go shopping, do you ?

Why should I? I have a perfectly good car. I don't go to the coast and blow carrying a weeks food back for 6 people on a bus! I've been to the airport once since moving here.
Donna and Paul wrote: I have Spanish lessons...Inland, and my husband has a great job...Inland!!!
spanish_lad wrote:well thats good for you. is he an estate agent? and you are a "stay at home mum" ? ...

No and no! He is a warehouse manager and I clean for other people!
Mostly the Spanish.
Donna and Paul wrote:Maybe you should get out a little more...you might like it!!

spanish_lad wrote:is 2000 KM on my cars odeometer enough "out" for you in one month? i do more milage in a month than you do in 6.

Again, you don't know me so how can you say? I work all over and visit my mum who lives an hour away a couple of times a week. All in all, I'm probably not far off your monthly mileage. Nah, you don't do more in a month than I in 6!

And those are my 'opinions'. Hope they don't offend.
Donna

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 pm

hillybilly wrote:
spanish_lad wrote:i see it from the point of view of a 17-23 year old.
Ah, that explains it!! You're still a baby with lots of growing up to do. Bless.
Or is he?... Maybe he is 60 with the point of view of a 17-23 year old! mmm, thats got you thinking eh? :lol: :?
Donna

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:28 pm

i just hope that all the opinions being expressed here are being taken into consideration by those that wish to move to spain.

and no, i´m not 60.. lol :D i´m 23 :)

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:41 pm

Oh dear, that Spanish Lad, hes young and rebellious and a bit of a hot head!.
Doesnt he realise that this just isnt done on Andalucia.com?
A.com is for greedy old tw-ats who go over to Spain with their protected pension money, attracted by the sun and the cheap cigs. Then they try to jump the queue for their operations, to get their colostomy bags emptied etc, and then they become like an intrepid explorer sitting in their mountain retreat sending out messages to people like themselves desperately trying to 'live the dream' as if they are some sort of role model.
Look after yourself Lad, may you stay forever young!