TDT HD recorder

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Technobear
Andalucia.com Amigo

TDT HD recorder

Postby Technobear » Wed May 30, 2012 11:10 am

Anyone know of an tdt hd with epg, and hdd recording, preferably with dvd.

Can find many recorders with tdt, but not with tdt hd, annoying many claim to be hd... but in practices its only the dvd element, and the fact it has hdmi! The tuner is not hd :(

Suggestions?
( my main issue is not something that works in spain, otherwise id get a fv+ hd box :( )

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: TDT HD recorder

Postby El Cid » Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 am

Try this from Amazon Spain

http://goo.gl/oozTA

Full HD with hard disk. DVD recording is now all but dead.

Why don't you want a FV+ box - they should be OK in Spain.

Sid

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Wed May 30, 2012 12:47 pm

if you recorded a program say Top gear on Energy would you be able to switch to english on the recorded program (ie) both audio channels recorded??

I can record programs on my TV onto USB unfortunately i cant swith to HDMi whilst recording to watch freesat so essentially i cant record.

Technobear
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Technobear » Wed May 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Dvd, purely fo playback, and even then convience as have other boxes.

Freeview+ hd, been looking at humax fox t2 ( as im pleased with by foxsat box), but uk uses dvb-t2 mpeg4 fo hd, whereas spain is dvb-t mpeg4.
I believe dvb-t2 is an extension of dvb-t, and also fv requires dvb-t (though only mpeg2) , so i 'think' it should work, but cannot find confirmation.
There might be 2 other possible issues:
- frequencies, are they the same in uk? ( eg freesat has a small variation)
- epg formats

thanks for your link, does this have epg? Amazon does not say , will have to dig a bit more...
(also i need multi language support)

Technobear
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Technobear » Wed May 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Acen wrote:if you recorded a program say Top gear on Energy would you be able to switch to english on the recorded program (ie) both audio channels recorded??
Not on the panasonic i have, it only records the 'active' audio channel,
however, on you can setup preferred language.... This means if english is available it uses that by default,and spanish if not

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Wed May 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Technobear wrote:
Acen wrote:if you recorded a program say Top gear on Energy would you be able to switch to english on the recorded program (ie) both audio channels recorded??
Not on the panasonic i have, it only records the 'active' audio channel,
however, on you can setup preferred language.... This means if english is available it uses that by default,and spanish if not
that only works on say MTV for me, as usually the second language is Undefined. Energy and Discovery dont label their second audio channel. which is unfortunate.

Technobear
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Technobear » Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Seems to work for me, for a number of channels including energy and discovery...
My panasonic is setup as prime audio channel- 'original', alternative - english ( seems to map to v.o, mul)

Though, it didnt work with one channel ( cannot remember which) which had an audio channel called 'und' , which had english, but wasnt selected by default.. Spain doesnt seem very consistent in what they call the alternative audio channels :(

Note: i can always switch to english, and record, its just if i switch channels it uses the default logic.

oh and the main point, which is only the active channel is recorded, it doesnt record multiple audio streams ... As it does on analogue, which just plays with L and R

I suspect this is all very dependent on your recorders software, so differs box to box

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I have the Panosonic blu-ray recorder with DVD recording and in the 3 years I've had it I've barely used it. Just to back up a couple of the Planet Earth type series.
If I miss anything I want to keep,which is very little,I find it easier to download.The extra cost really wasn't worth it.