fishing licence beach or rocks?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

fishing licence beach or rocks?

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:28 am

How much is an annual fishing licence to fish from the beach in Spain?
I have heard various prices all the way from free to 5 euros, to about 50 euros.

"For those not holding a foreign fishing licence, a Spanish licence can be obtained from a local office of the Ministerio de Medio Ambiente. Applicants must pass an exam in Spanish before being granted a licence."

EXAM?

gus-lopez
Resident

Re: fishing licence beach or rocks?

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes there's an exam. I don't know all the details but you can't just buy one.I'm sure there's also about 4 types depending on where you want to fish.
The requirements also vary region to region , as usual.
Todos somos Lorca.

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 pm

What type of exam?
No-one else ever had to do an exam so is this a new process?
May as well buy a telelicencia one for all the petrol costs and they don;t require an exam.
This is for Granada, Andalucia and a sea/boat licence.

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Ok .... here in Asturias its just under 17 Euros for 5 years and we are able to apply on-line here (as well as visiting the local Medio Ambiente office) but don't know whats possible in Andalucia. From what I have seen, the 50 Euro charge is when you go through a 3rd party rather than doing it yourself .... there's a few online 3rd parties that will apply for a license on your behalf but charges are high.

With regards to exams, Andalucia is far more onorous in obtaining a fishing license due to the fact that the powers to be, have lumped in fishing with hunting.

So first you will need to be registered with "Registro Andaluz de Caza y Pesca Continental de Andalucía"

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/medioamb ... lr=lang_es

for which you'll need to have passed an exam at one of their accredited centres

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/medioamb ... lr=lang_es.

You will then receive an ID Card. Once you have this .... then you can apply for a license.

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/medioamb ... econdoid=1

You have exhausted my knowledge about Adalucia licenses but it would guess that there would be a long lead time from taking the exam, to marking the exam, to issuing your ID card.

There might be a possibility of 'grandfather rights' if you already have a fishing license - you'll have to check. If it's registered under an an expired passport, just make sure you don't throw away your old passport.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm

I did also hear that Andalucia requires you to have insurance as well .... so probably need to check that our as well.

Mike

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Isn't it easier, quicker and, probably, cheaper to go to a fishmongers and buy some fish? :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:25 am

Some years ago I aquired a fishing licence for here in Andalucia. To avoid sitting an exam I purchased a UK fishing licence online and took that to the Medio Ambiente office in Malaga. They issued the licence there and then. I had to take out public liability insurance (office in Torre del Mar main street was unaware of it and had to send to Malaga for it - took 1 month to arrive).
Can't remember the exact costs but the insurance was twice the annual fishing licence. Also by the time the insurance arrived I had 'lost' one of my 12 months fishing licence.
The MA office gave me a booklet which told me where and when and what I could catch in Andalucia.
Very strict.
Didn't renew it....

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:04 am

Insurance?! For what exactly?
Surely you can catch anything just as long as if it's too small you put it back and also put rays and stuff back too.
Seems just as easy to not bother with the licence...they make it almost too difficult to buy!

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am

Dr1Gonzo wrote:Insurance?! For what exactly?
Surely you can catch anything just as long as if it's too small you put it back and also put rays and stuff back too.
Seems just as easy to not bother with the licence...they make it almost too difficult to buy!
Insurance is for public liability - not so obvious for fishing but with caza essential!!
If the GC see you fishing (even unsuccessfully) they can demand to see your licence and insurance.
It's called beaurocracy....

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am

morlandg wrote:
Dr1Gonzo wrote:Insurance?! For what exactly?
Insurance is for public liability - not so obvious for fishing but with caza essential!!
If the GC see you fishing (even unsuccessfully) they can demand to see your licence and insurance.
It's called beaurocracy....
Does a kayak count as a boat? :)
Do the GC actually ever bother? Half the places on the coast they can't even get to due to rocks and stuff.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 am

If I may make a Sugestion ....

You might like to spend a day (or two ) in Cadiz
On the left just befor you reach the old city wall is the Ministry of Agriculure and Fishing.
You can see it with Google street view.

You get the form just inside the reception, go to the bank down the street to pay, return and present your form and ID at one of the desks. All done and dusted in less than 30 mins

There is no exam. YET. You need your NIE or NIF or pasport. It is just under 5E (4.75E from memory) for a three years for Beach OR boat if your under 65 ...Its free if your over65. If you want both Beach AND Boat its just under 10E for 3 years.
It is valid for the full Andalucia district.
The licence number stay with you once you have one and you can renew it every three years

Without a licence the worse case that I am aware of is that you will have your tackle confiscated immediately.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm

I looked into getting a licence a few years ago but all seemed too much hassle. Now I just fish with cheap gear I can afford to lose I no it's wrong but if you could buy them at fishing shops I think everyone would buy one I would be interested to know how many Spanish anglers bother to get one. You'd think in the current economic climate that they would make it easier?????
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

timsk
Tourist

Postby timsk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi all,
I'm the bearer of good news. You can get a licence online from the comfort of your home - wherever that may be. No visits to government departments is necessary, no queues and no spanish red tape to wade through. Simple! Rather than copy everything here, check out this thread that I started on the World Sea Fishing forum: http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/s ... p-Licences
One caveat, this is just a licence for fishing from the shore - it won't cover you to fish fresh water lakes, reservoirs and rivers I'm afraid!
Tim.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 am

The definition of a dificlut task is when you dont know what your doing.

I have expalined how straight forward it is ...

And yes .. its very busy there with people applying or renewing the licences, so there are many people with licences. and at less than 5E for 3 years, it sounds more like you cant be rrrsed rather than it being to difficult Swerve

I do not know wether a Catalan licence is valid out side the district.

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Martin Page wrote:The definition of a dificlut task is when you dont know what your doing.

I have expalined how straight forward it is ...

And yes .. its very busy there with people applying or renewing the licences, so there are many people with licences. and at less than 5E for 3 years, it sounds more like you cant be rrrsed rather than it being to difficult Swerve

I do not know wether a Catalan licence is valid out side the district.

You may have explained it from the point of view of Cadiz...but what happens when you don't live in Cadiz? As you well know, the options are open to different interpretation in different areas of Andalucia...sometimes an exam sometimes not, sometimes insurance, sometimes not.
I think this is the difficulty most people face...when they want a licence they want it quickly not have to wait 12 months for insuranc and sit an exam so obviously we are looking at workarounds :)

Fraggie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fraggie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi!
Does anyone know what the procedure is to allow holidaymakers to be able to fish at Lake Vinuela these days and also from the beaches along by Caleta? As my son-in-law who likes fishing is coming on holiday for a week and he obviously does not have a NIE. :problem: :?

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I go down by the lake quite often walking and as far as I know you can't fish there legally. There are signs up saying no fishing. Although I have seen people fishing but it's a chance you take. As far as caleta that is where I fish sometimes. lots of locals fish there and the police pass and don't seem to bother anyone. You can pm me if you need anymore info.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Fraggie wrote:Hi!
Does anyone know what the procedure is to allow holidaymakers to be able to fish at Lake Vinuela these days and also from the beaches along by Caleta? As my son-in-law who likes fishing is coming on holiday for a week and he obviously does not have a NIE. :problem: :?
Don't fish there, it's contaminated by human waste. All the massive building around there tapped the untreated sewerage into it :shock: