Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Tue May 29, 2012 9:42 am

The anagrama is a code consisting of the first three letters of your surname and a control letter. This is only shown on the sticky labels.

There is nothing in the program that shows this code and it does not come up on the screen during the process so you will need to find it out from your lawyer.

It is also likely that you are registered in the address of your lawyer so you should go into your nearest tax office and give your current Spanish address and where you will also be able to find out your anagrama.

Enrique, I submit my annual resident tax return using my digital signature but I haven't done a non-resident return with it.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue May 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Not really the non-resident tax, but more connected to the digital signature (I think) !

I have just received the following email:

"Estimado/a usuario/a,

El equipo de la Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre - Real Casa de la Moneda, en el afán de mejora continua de la calidad de nuestros servicios, desea conocer el grado de satisfacción de los usuarios de nuestros servicios de certificación electrónica.

Con este objetivo nos ponemos en contacto con usted, solicitándole que nos exprese su opinión sobre los servicios de la FNMT-RCM e invitándole a que participe en esta encuesta de satisfacción pulsando en este enlace:

https://apus.cert.fnmt.es/EncuestasCali ... ENCUESTA=8

o bien entrando en la pagina principal de CERES y pulsando sobre el enlace "Encuesta Usuarios 2011/2012".

La información recabada tiene como objeto la mejora de la calidad de nuestros servicios, pero no la resolución de dudas sobre ellos. Si desea obtener respuesta a dudas concretas puede utilizar el servicio de atención a usuarios en el número 902 181 696 o a través del correo electrónico [email protected].

Para participar en la encuesta se le requerirá introducir el NIF, con el exclusivo objeto de limitar a una el número de opiniones emitidas por cada ciudadano.

Si no desea recibir más notificaciones de la FNMT-RCM, por favor, indíquenoslo en la siguiente dirección:

https://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?cha= ... 18&lang=es

o bien entrando en la pagina principal de CERES, ir a ciudadanos, modificar datos y pulsar sobre el enlace situado a la izquierda (modificar datos).

Muchas gracias por su confianza y su tiempo.

Atentamente,

El equipo de la Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre - Real Casa de la Moneda."

As far as I can tell, they are asking me to rate their service, but in this day & age of dodgy emails from banks etc, I thought I'd see if anyone else has had one of these, and if so, did they reply ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 pm

I don't know if the email you have received is genuine but the survey information can be found here:

http://www.cert.fnmt.es/

Apparently they do this from time to time. There is a discussion about it on a Spanish financial forum from 2007:

http://foros.abanfin.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15109
Let's go Brandon!

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Enrique (from the Law in Andalucia forum) kindly pointed me here.
First and foremost, thank you to all contributors, all the info here is such an invaluably lifesaving wealth of knowledge for someone like me who doesn't speak Spanish.

I am trying to help a relative fill in his tax return for rental income for T4 of 2011 as he hasn't done in yet (the letting agent he used then had told him he had til end of Dec 2012 to file it! - it was the first time he was renting it out hence our ignorance). :oops:

He/we have the digital certificate in place since last year but he still goes once a year over to Spain to physically pay taxes etc...but my question is how do go about to get email notifications from the Spanish tax office for the penalty (as he will be issued a penalty for that return but won't be physically in Spain to receive it)?

I have a copy of the "Solicitud de certificado" issued by the Harencia where he registered and I can see he put his email address in the "Datos de contacto". Is that enough or do I need to do anything online on his behalf to opt in?

Many thanks,
Conflake 4

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:02 pm

You need to subscribe to various notification services here:

https://notificaciones.060.es/PCPublic_ ... edimientos

They will not send notifications to a normal unsecured email address. If you also wish to subscribe to DGT DEV you need to do this on the DGT web site as they no longer use the 060 service.

I would be inclined to to just submit a form 210 for imputed tax for the whole of 2011 and forget about the actual rental income until this financial year. That's what I would do as a matter of expediency. You have to decide if you want to do otherwise.
Let's go Brandon!

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 am

Hello Beachcomber,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me and for pointing me in the right direction, I managed to register for these notifications with the help of Babelfish (things would be far too easy if I could speak Spanish! :roll: ).

Just a quick question on that one...as I had no idea of what I was doing, I registered for all notifications from the AEAT...is there one specifically I should look out for re these penalties notifications?

And re reporting the rental income to 2012's, I am a little worried about doing so as we are claiming some of the 2011 bills back and the rental income was wired directly onto my relative's Spanish account by the letting agent in October 2011...I understand that it is up to us to decide on what to do but in your experience, should that logically tip things towards one way more than the other?

Apologies for being so clueless...my Mother used to deal with all these things but she passed away and I am trying to help my Father who's as helpless as me (and tried to sort things out on his own for a long time to no avail.).

Kind regards,
Cornflake4

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

The ones I have subscribed to are as residents for my wife and myself. I have looked at the options and I would think you need this one:

AEATPI20040128DISONR - Gestión de la Declaración anual del Impuesto sobre Sociedades e Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes (MODELOS 200 y 201)

It refers to form 201 but as form 201 does not exist I assume it is an error and should read 210.

If you have subscribed to them all you will have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

However, just to be sure, you could check here:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml

Mis expedientes
Mis notificaciones

on a weekly basis just to make certain that nothing has been missed.

As the rental income has been paid directly into a Spanish bank account I suppose you will have to declare it as such and expect a fine for late payment but this could take several months.
Let's go Brandon!

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello Beachcomber and thank you again.
Thanks for looking into this for me...I had seen that notification indeed (the modelo 200 and 201) but I thought I was losng my marbles.
I'll make sure I keep an eye on these notifications on a weekly basis, that's a great tip.
And thank you for your good advice re the rental income of 2011...I agree with you.

I wish I could be as helpful to you as you have been to me...I cannot offer much on the Spanish side but if you ever need help with French translation etc (you never know?), please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Cornflake4

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 pm

One for Beachcomber.

Could you please settle an argument about paying this tax.

If you are paying 2011 tax, which IBI year do you use?
Is it this years IBI which has not been received yet, or last years?
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

You use the valor catastral on the IBI receipt for the year for which you are paying the tax, so, if you are paying the tax for 2011 you use the IBI receipt for 2011.
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks for that Beachcomber,
that settles that matter.
However, what happens if someone has been paying their tax based on the following years valor catastral?
I'm sure the tax office won't mind being overpaid, but if that is now corrected that would mean that they would receive the same amount of tax 2 years running.

Could that cause a problem?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:25 am

That is going to happen for the years of 2010 and 2011, anyway, because the valores catastrales haven't changed in many municipalities. I don't think they will be looking too closely into things like that and it is better to have overpaid rather than underpaid.
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks for confirming that Beachcomber.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi beachcomber,
attempting to fill out my 210,
I've printed out your instructions and thought I'd cracked it!
However, just left of box 04 it asks for a taxable base, and only leaves space for 2 characters/numbers

I left it blank to carry on with the form, forgot about it and tried to generate the completed form.

I got up an error mesage asking for postcode and province, they had been filled in but I redid them anyway, still no joy.
I am on IE8 and filling in the form in English.
however I do have chrome and firefox.

Any ideas please on both the box and errors?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Under which heading is it asking for postcode and province. There are three including the address in the country of residence.

Box 4 consists of two boxes, a long one for the euros and a smaller one of two digits for céntimos.

It seems as though the form may not be rendering properly. Try it with Firefox.
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
tried firefox, but there was a problem , tried chrome and it worked fine.

I had filled in all the correct addresses on IE8 but it did work this time on chrome.
however, 4 error messages all to do with Incorrect fields on boxes 22-31,
These were filled in correctly and exactly the same on IE8, which didn't give me those errors.
running out of options on browsers!

have been at this since 11am :shock:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi concorde,
Give it a break........we have until 31-Dec to get it done.
I had a go before leaving for this green and pleasant land, but went for paying on-line but that failed. A procedure too far :(
Hopefully Beach will have a word in the ear of the AEAT IT boys and get it sorted. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Are you now getting the two individual boxes for Box 4? Have you downloaded the configuration program? What was the problem with Firefox?
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi concorde,
Did you do this when using Firefox............. :?: from FAO's
If you use Firefox or Pale Moon you may need to do the following to get the formula to show:
Follow these instructions EXACTLY.
Type about:config into the address bar.
If you get a warning message about dragons click on "I'll be careful, I promise"
In the box marked 'Filter' type signed
You should see the following single parameter:
signed.applets.codebase_principal_support...... user set..... boolean..... false
Double click this entry so that 'false' changes to 'true'

Was Firefox 12.0 when I generated the form ok.........It's ver 13.0.1 now so does it still work :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Enrique, I think that adjustment is now included in the configuration utility.

I have completed some forms today using Firefox 13.0.1
Let's go Brandon!