Swimming Pool Laws 2008/9?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Nollie
Tourist

Swimming Pool Laws 2008/9?

Postby Nollie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Does anyone have a link to the new(ish) full decreto/ley with all appendices etc., introduced on swimming pool safety? I think it was around 2009 but can't seem to track it down on the Boja...

Thanks, Nollie x

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Swimming Pool Laws 2008/9?

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't think there has been another full decree since this one:

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/boja/bol ... tin.36.pdf

You can find it in a more readable form here:

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/salud/ex ... ublico.pdf
Let's go Brandon!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm

I am pretty sure you are correct, Beachcomber - I follow that topic very closely and have not seen anything new except entrepreneurial advertisers trying to pretend there is a new decree in order to sell fences, gates and alarms.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

I too am pretty sure there have been no more additions or amendments. However good your spanish, the "legalspeak" phrasing in these documents can be a bit of a handful. You can find a part translation of the text by a good translation company at www.castillotraductores.com, but it is just a taster, I am sure you have to buy the full version.

Parilla

Nollie
Tourist

Postby Nollie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 am

Hi, thanks for your replies, that is very interesting to hear there actually is no new law...and I do not doubt you all know what you are talking about. It seems health and safety inspectors around here are imposing thier own rules then - telling hotel owners they have to put up signs saying 'private pool' (to prevent guests using them) because they do not comply with the 'new laws' and specifically because they do not have fences around them :wtf: ??? The whole point of having a swimming pool in a hotel is for guests to use it!

Nollie
Tourist

Postby Nollie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:30 am

PS - just read Shielap's post on similar topic in 'you and the law' and Hilly's comments on fencing - oops, should have checked there first! Hotels around here are clearly suffering under the application of local/municipal rules - which presumably one has to comply with, even retrospectively. I guess as Hillybilly says, the inevitable is coming and fences, alarms etc., will soon be the norm.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am

Hi,
There must have been some law passed circa 2009 , as they fenced in the local fuente, the type that has two small bath size tubs and then a large 3 mtr square but shallow storage one.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.