Centauro Car Hire?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Annabell wrote:We'll be coming shortly for a house hunting trip and have a bit of a problem. We need to hire a car, but we don't own a credit card. Here in France you can leave a Euro cheque as a deposit. Does anybody know if it is the same in Spain?
My car was poorly so I went to the airport with my partner in his car, he leaves it long term whilst away :evil: . I had booked a months hire car online.

I lost my credit cards & Record were the only company that advertised that they accept cash for hire cars. I'd used them previously so imagined there wouldn't be a problem. When I arrived to collect the car (with my pre-booked voucher) they refused me the car, saying they couldn't deal with cash & I needed to have a credit card & it must be in my name! - Don't always believe everything they write on websites is my advice.

Thankfully I couldn't get hold of my partner, so I just took his car back out of long term until he came back, it was too late for him to object by then! :wink:

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:27 pm

frank wrote:Just spoke to my sister, she has just flown back from Nice, took them 4 hours to get the hire car and get on the road! :cry:
Eeeeew that doesn't sound very Nice at all :?
I wear it well...........

zanuck
Resident

car rentals - Malaga Airport

Postby zanuck » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:06 pm

Got to say, never had a problem with Helle Hollis. After midnight arrivals you have to use the airport (downstairs) counter, for which you pay extra. Maybe other downstairs offices roll the on-airport charge into their fees - never tried others apart from Avis when I was richer.... Other wise the bus to the Helle Hollis office has always worked fine for me. Booking online with them, they give you the option of paying now with credit card, or simply reserving. I've done both. Next Wednesday night (after midnight) I shall pay cash, plus a charge for a full tank, when I take the car back with a full tank, they'll give me the deposit back in cash too.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: car rentals - Malaga Airport

Postby frank » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:16 am

zanuck wrote:.Other wise the bus to the Helle Hollis office has always worked fine for me..

Yes seems to be OK, it's just a personal preference, but I prefer to simply plonk the cases on a trolley and wheel it downstairs, rather than humping them in and out of a minibus. It might well have changed now, but I found the ticket system a bit weird, everyone milling around in their office, the last time I used them it was like a madhouse. Perhaps it's improved! :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Frank
Never experienced the ticket system. In fact in their offices I have often been either the only one or perhaps the second renter there. Maybe I just fly at odd times of the day or year (have never arrived on a Saturday for instance).

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:05 pm

Bit of an update, just come back. Arrived at Europa desk, about 6 people waiting, next door at Centauro, one person. Crown was by far the busiest! Just driving out in my Europa car, and the wife noticed the tank was not full. (had paid for a full tank) Had to go back into main hall, wait to see the girl I dealt with. She phoned someone, and I had to meet him back in the parking. Out the terminal then, around to the petrol pumps, fill up(took about 11 euros worth) then take the man back to the parking! All told, about 35 mins wasted. :D On the motorway, tried the windscreen washers, nothing working! When we returned the car, it was chaos, in the end, I left the car and gave them the key. I think they are due an e-mail!
Talking to a friend out there, he had just arrived on an evening flight the night before, and he waited over an hour for his Crown car. Seems there were about 50 passengers, and four at the desk dealing with customers, but when midnight came, two just upped and left, and left the remaining two to deal with all the very irate customers. It would appear Carjet are getting even worse, maybe time to move on.
Regards, Frank

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Frank
Had a friend arrive on Friday booked with carjet Centauro. Big, big queues at Crown and Europa but nobody at Centauro. So it all went thru quickly, but they didn´t get an upgrade this time and the fuel deal had changed from refund to take back empty.
The next visitor is with HelleHollis in Nov, so hoping that goes well.
I wear it well...........

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:57 pm

MaggieMay wrote:Frank
Had a friend arrive on Friday booked with carjet Centauro. Big, big queues at Crown and Europa but nobody at Centauro. So it all went thru quickly, but they didn´t get an upgrade this time and the fuel deal had changed from refund to take back empty.
The next visitor is with HelleHollis in Nov, so hoping that goes well.

Yes, might have to think about going back with HH! I personally hate the returm full policy, but for them, it's great. Managed to get the fuel low warning light just before the airport on Saturday! :(
Regards, Frank