Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
rtt3821
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby rtt3821 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:59 pm

I forgot one thing Beachcomber. I will not be filing the form 210 online so my question is will the Tax Office accept computer inkjet printed forms? If not then I will have to wait until I can get to the office in Torremolinos. I'm a little hesitant filing online as I'm not sure about making payment.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 pm

The country code for the USA is, believe it or not, US. See here if you want to double check:

Country Codes

The currency code is 840.

You pay through any bank, not the tax office. The inkjet printed forms will be fine but there is often difficulty reading the bar code. If the bank knows how, the details can be entered by hand.

For 2009 and 2010 you use the old style form 210 which consist of seven pages. You need to present all copies of the form although I suppose you could conceivably skip the 'copia para el responsable solidario o retenedor'. Form 214 is only used for declarations prior to 2008. (ie the last year for form 214 was 2007) For 2011 only three copies are generated by the 'formulario' program.

Fuentearriba,

You can complete and present the form at the bank on behalf of your wife without necessarily declaring yourself as her representative but you cannot present the return online without a digital certificate in her own name.
Let's go Brandon!

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Does anyone know a website where the new 3 page Form 210 can be downloaded?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi rtt3821,
Does the link in FAQ's not work :?:

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 42&t=27897
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 am

Enrique the link you postes comes up with the error message "EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0115" Not knowing Spanish, I don't know what it means. Any help?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:23 am

Hi rtt3821,
Have you set your Browser up as per the links :?:
I get that error on an unset Browser.

I've just set my Browser Firefox and the Form 210 pops up no problem, I'm using Windows 7 SP1 and Firefox 13.0.1

:D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

This seems to be the one that does it for most people:

AEAT Support

It's not a very edifying prospect when you virtually need a degree in computer technology just to complete a simple non-resident tax return.

A technician in the AEAT IT department helpline took exception to this suggestion but admitted there was a problem with Windows 7 and IE and they were still working on the form.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 am

Firefox just needs the one line change as posted in the FAQ's.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am

Enrique, you can either do that manually or use the configuration program of which that change forms part.
Let's go Brandon!

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Does anyone know the IBAN for BBVA? I live in the U.S. and foreign bank info is non-existent. The number is required on the Form 210. I also want to thank Beachcomber for all the information he has posted.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 pm

The IBAN should be shown on your bank documents or somewhere within your online banking. It will start with the letters ES then two digits then your 20 digit account number.
Let's go Brandon!

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks again Beachcomber. I found the IBAN number where you said to look. Thanks!!!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I have been sitting in front of my computer now for 7 hours trying to complete the new 210. I am not a technically minded person so please forgive my ignorance. Following Beachcombers brilliant advice I have completed the form online but when I try to validate and generate a PDF I am getting a message saying I don't have Active X control installed. Below there is a message saying "the website wants to install the following add-on "cactivex.cab" from AEAT. I've clicked install but again am told that that I don't have Active X control installed. I'm using windows 7 and I.E. 9 which I read earlier Zanuck had problems with which were overcome using an old XP computer. My XP went to computer heaven a long time ago. I've looked at the AEAT support page to check if I have Active X installed and I have the last updated version 10.12.0.0. I did the configuration as mentioned a few pages back. Also I've not been able to save the info which I guess you can only do once you've successfully clicked on Validate and Generate so I've completed the form about 20 times now only to lose the info when I click the "back" button. I'm coming to Spain in 3 weeks time and would like to pay the tax then as I may not get back to Spain before the end of the year. I know it sounds daft but could I print off as far as I have got and present that at the bank together with a sticker.Any help would be much appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi David Stuart,
10 out of 10 for trying for so long. :(
I know that Windows 7 and Firefox works...........install Firefox and do the one line mod as in FAQ's

Choose the option to save once you have completed the form 210.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:42 pm

I have never tried it with Windows 7 but I have just got a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit OS so I will be interested to see what result I get. Hopefully, as Enrique says, it will work with Firefox or Pale Moon so it will be interesting to hear how you get on. One thing is certain, my old XP is going nowhere for the time being, just in case!

If I get no joy with Windows 7/IE I may take it up with AEAT IT when I have the energy.
Let's go Brandon!

Mrs Peel
Tourist

Postby Mrs Peel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 am

I just wanted to say thanks for the information I have gleaned here. I did our taxes on the paper forms last year - easy. I went to do the same this year and was given the web address to do it online and had the same problem as many other people seem to have had regarding the endless error messages.

I thought joining a forum was the ideal answer but, unfortunately, I chose the wrong one initially (a somewhat unpleasant experience) and it wasn't until someone there who also is a member of this one pointed me in the direction of andalucia.com that my problems were solved so thanks again.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Welcome Mrs Peel, Enjoy !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm sure we are all glad to have been of some help and welcome, Mrs Peel, (I'm an Avengers fan too). Let's hope you forum experience here is somewhat more pleasant.
Let's go Brandon!

Mrs Peel
Tourist

Postby Mrs Peel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks to both of you. By the way, it is my husband who is the Avengers fan (or should that be fanatic?) He knows better than to get his DVD boxed set out when I am around but he says that I look like Diana Rigg did when she was in the programme, hence the username!

My taxes are all printed out and paid after a some kerfuffle at the bank over what to to with the forms, bar codes that wouldn't work and the need for anagrams (I thought they wanted me to help them fill in the crossword) so thanks for the suggestion to take the sticky labels even though they are supposed not to be needed.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Hope you've still got that cracking Lotus Elan too :thumbup: .........I've got the Corgi toy model with you standing next to it...........hubba bubba :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.