Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ashtondav
Resident

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby ashtondav » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm beginning to think that letter is an urban myth.

I am the only non resident I know who pays spanish tax on rentals. I also know nobody who has complied as a Spanish tax resident even though they've lived for years over 6 monts a year.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:43 pm

"I am the only non resident I know who pays spanish tax on rentals. I also know nobody who has complied as a Spanish tax resident even though they've lived for years over 6 monts a year."

Ah ! as Shakespeare said ( he was not Spanish by the way ) "Thereby hangs a tale "

anyroads

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

After all the problems I had generating the PDF version of the 210 I happily walked into my local branch of Lloyds in Spain on my recent visit to pay my taxes. What a fiasco. The clerk had no idea how to process the form and was rather aggressive when I tried to explain that the system had altered. In my best Spanish I told her that Spain needs my money but if she didn't want to take it there was no problem as I just would not pay my taxes. At that point she phoned the Hacienda in Madrid who advised her how to enter the information on-line. She then retained all 3 copies of the form as she would not believe me when I tried to explain which copy was the banks to retain. She did however photocopy the forms for my retention and took my money. How can Spain possibly hope to sort out it's finances when it is such a struggle to pay one's taxes?

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 pm

"How can Spain possibly hope to sort out it's finances when it is such a struggle to pay one's taxes?"

That is why a lot of people simply do not bother. They don't want the hassle of dealing with people like you described.

anyroads

boblocksmith
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby boblocksmith » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 am

Beachcomber wrote:Glad to be of help. Just to remind you and others who do not already know that the tax percentage (Box 21) increases from 24% to 24,75% in 2013 for declarations for the fiscal year of 2012.
Many thanks bc for this snippet. I have done my own 201 for last two years (mostly thanks to your previous help) but I wouldnt have picked up on this increase. Just out of interest how do you find such info out?
Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 am

I just read through press releases and new tax laws but the information about the 24,75% can be found here at the top of page 7:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/st ... tr_210.pdf
Let's go Brandon!

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Beach,

I have posted this elsewhere but thought I'd tack it onto the end of this thread.

If any of you are perservering with Windows 7 and IE9 and are getting various errors, including the dreaded '0115' then this worked for me, and it also works for other spanish gov't sites that are fussy (just change the URL's entered in the Trusted Sites section).

IMPORTANT: Note all your original settings because after you've given this approach a try, you need to return all the settings back to how they were.

On any antivirus software (if installed) ...
- turn off firewall
- turn off real-time scanning

On Windows 7, disable User Account Control .......
- click Start - Control Panel - User Accounts - click "Change User Account Control Settings". The level should be the lowest "Never Notify."

In IE (tools / internet options / sercurity) .....
- click on Trusted sites, then the sites button and add these 2 url's - https://*.agenciatributaria.gob.es & http://*.agenciatributaria.gob.es. When adding, make sure you uncheck the option "Require server verification (https://) for all sites in the area"
- still in the Trusted Sites zone, click the Custom Level button. Look under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and enable all options

Close programs, restart the computer and give it a go. Before you give it a go, make sure that your antivirus hasn't restarted and scanning or firewalls as part of the re-boot. If it has, turn them off again and continue.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks for the information. I have given up trying to make it work with Internet Explorer. I never use IE anyway but everything works perfectly with PaleMoon/Firefox.
Let's go Brandon!

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi.

New to site so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am thankfull for very helpful advices from Enrique and Beachcomber,
first I tried with IE 9, just got Error message 0115, I deactivated Norton , firewall etc..
but no help.

So began loading Pale Moon version 12.3 and following Enrique and Beachcomber
messages, which was perfect and I could print my 210 for the flat for year 2011.

A quick query with form 210 :

I own a flat with the garage, and each of them has seperate Catastral Reference.
I wonder if the deadline for payment for both properties (Flat & garage) is 30 June 2011 or
only the deadline for the 2nd property (garage) is 30 June 2011 ?

In this case should Accrual date in the form 210 be changed from 31 12 2011 to 30 06 2011 ?

Thanks in advance for your kind advices.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:22 pm

The accrual date remains the same as you are declaring for the previous year, ie in 2012 for 2011. The deadline of 30th June applies to both properties but do not let this concern you too much.
Let's go Brandon!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 pm

anyroads wrote:"I am the only non resident I know who pays spanish tax on rentals. I also know nobody who has complied as a Spanish tax resident even though they've lived for years over 6 monts a year."

Ah ! as Shakespeare said ( he was not Spanish by the way ) "Thereby hangs a tale "

anyroads
Indeed, in some cases it's ignorance but in others it's deliberate. I have friends who tell me all you have to do to avoid paying taxes in Spain is to leave the country for a few days and go back to the UK before you've been here 183 days consecutively. I have others who said if you are over pensionable age youi pay no tax in Spain.
As for Renta tax most of them have never heard of it and they've been here a lot longer than me or owned property a lot longer than me. Wouldn't it make sense if the Spanish government paid for some advertising in the free English newspapers warning people of their obligations and putting the frighteners on! Might shake a few!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi darjatrading,
Thanks for endorsing PaleMoon..... From a previous post of mine.... :)

" I've just run thru the procedure from installing Pale Moon, doing the about:config and importing my previously saved data and generated a completed form with codes , printed it off...Time 10 mins :!:

Beach will probably say what took me so long :) ...My daughter wanted some cooking tips while I was doing it."

So for this exercise (Form 210) please use a procedure that works ....you can then go back to your IE for the rest of the year... :twisted:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

dave c

Postby dave c » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello everyone,
I've just joined the forum.
I had problems with this form and kept getting the dreaded 015 error!
after following the instructions fo windows 7 and ie9 i managed to get it all done - After about two days trying!
I tren noticed I had left out the currency code on one of our forms, but I just downloaded another form - with a different code number -and corrected it, then printed it out.
Is this ok?
What happens to the first one with the mistake?
Dave

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Just bin the form with the mistake. The forms are not activated until they are validated by the bank.
Let's go Brandon!

dave c

Postby dave c » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks beachcomber!
I bet there are a lot of binned forms!
Dave

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi All,

If you have to ever apply online for a Spanish Digital Certificate (via http://www.cert.fnmt.es) and you're still wedded to Windows 7 and IE then you'll have to follow the same instructions above (Win 7 and IE 9) but the 2 trusted site URL's will be http://*.fnmt.es & https://*.fnmt.es

IMPORTANT: Do not change back to your original settings until you have validated your application at the relevent office in Spain AND downloaded then installed the certificate. I say IMPORTANT but I haven't proven otherwise; at the very least the Spanish gov't sites make over-liberal use of Activie X, so probably all is important but maybe with the exception of Firewalls and Realtime Scanning.

It sounds as though Enrique and Beach have a simpler solution but Win 7 and IE 9 is another option.

Regards,

Mike

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Pale Moon or Firefox is certainly a simpler option!
Let's go Brandon!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Once all the details have been entered on the "Electronic" 210 form, the NRC number (payment receipt) is needed to complete the form. If I go through the "direct debit" route, on the next page, and choose my appropriate spanish bank (operating hours 00.00 to 23.59) will my NRC number immediately come up on my screen? (pop-up blocker has allowed this site to be used) or is there a time delay? or is it stored in a file on my computer? Many thanks!

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Just a footnote for those of you having problems with IE9 (Internet Explorer 9).This browser is defaulted (set) at 64bit and the Agencia Tributaria website will not accept it, at this present time. However. if you click on the round microsoft start botton (bottom left-hand side on the task bar) then onto "all programs", you will see 2 Internet Explorers. Click on Internet Explorer 32bit and make this your default browser. This will solve many of your issues with IE9 and the Agencia Tributaria website, and this version is far more reliable and quicker in operation than the 64bit. Hope this helps!

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 am

pengwynne wrote:Click on Internet Explorer 32bit and make this your default browser. This will solve many of your issues with IE9 and the Agencia Tributaria website, and this version is far more reliable and quicker in operation than the 64bit. Hope this helps!
If you use the 32 bit version of IE9 (which is my default), you will most likely still have to follow the security setting changes listed above. This has been my experience.

Regards,

Mike