Ryanair hold baggage

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ryanair hold baggage

Postby alexander1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:19 pm

I am going to book Ryanair for over the Xmas period. I want to book two return tickets but with one item of hold luggage. I have been' told' that we will not be able to 'combine luggage.' I have a feeling that this is for people who are travelling with more than one item of luggage and weight restrictions. Can anyone advise please. Hope this query is clear ;-)

gina59
Resident

Re: Ryanair hold baggage

Postby gina59 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Its one case a person with a weight of 15kilos or less. Combined weight is when a family, say of 4 have four cases maybe one with 20 kilos another with 10 kilos etc so total weight would be 60 kilos, which would not be accepted. hope this helps.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 pm

I think you will find it is not just Ryanair who do not combine luggage.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

... I don't think I have made my query clear enough :oops: We only need one suitcase between the two of us, for a few days whilst over there??

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 am

I never put luggage in the hold but my daughter often does when she travels with her two children. She finds it easier to book first without luggage and then add one suitcase later. I have a feeling that if you book hold luggage at the time of booking the default assumes that each passenger booked is taking hold luggage i.e. two passengers, two pieces of luggage. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 am

I think you are wrong. We book 2 people and one case. You get the option for each person when booking.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. When booking online you just put one hold bag against one person. You choose the weight you want for that one bag. Doesn't matter if the bag contains clothes for you both! I do that all the time for my parents.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 am

gina59 wrote:Its one case a person with a weight of 15kilos or less.
There is an option for a 20kg hold bag too.
Brian.

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

rafiki wrote:
gina59 wrote:Its one case a person with a weight of 15kilos or less.
There is an option for a 20kg hold bag too.

hadn't noticed that thanks
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.