Children's Shoes/Boots

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
caboodles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Children's Shoes/Boots

Postby caboodles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 pm

We've been living here for four months now and we've really settled, but I am soooo missing Clarks Shoes!! I bought new boots for my two girls in a shop in Alora and one of the pair came apart after a month and the other pair are on the way to disintegrating, I paid over 80 euros for the two pairs which I suppose is cheap for two pairs of boots, but I would expect them to last a winter at least. Where can I buy really good quality shoes and boots for them in Andalucia which will last.

Ama
Resident

Re: Children's Shoes/Boots

Postby Ama » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Unfortunately lots of shoes are now made in China, as most other things... and lack in quality, I would suggest getting shoes made in Spain. There is normally a good selection of sturdy shoes in El Corte Inglés or a shoeshop called Gody (in Larios shopping center), but you will find them pricey. This brand has good shoes: http://www.pablosky.com/

caboodles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby caboodles » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey thanks for that, I have seen the shop in Malaga and will call in when I'm there next. They need new shoes to go back to school (after both pairs of boots finally bit the dust!). One thing I do miss is the shopping in the UK, especially for the children, it's not quite the same here, but I'm not moaning! just making observation. I would buy shoes/boots online on amazon.es but I'm nervous in case they don't fit.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:23 pm

if you are in alora, theres local shops there and in cartama or even alhaurin, even if its a little "off track". I would recomend primark in fuengerola (myramar), or malaga if you dont mind driving into the city. They are alot cheaper than 40€ a pair !
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:24 pm

or even carrefour los patios - straight down the a357.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.