Modelo 210, help!

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
linne
Tourist

Modelo 210, help!

Postby linne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am

Hope to get some help about the Modelo 210.

We are a Danish couple, who have a little finca as a holiday home, and we are not renting it out.
Since it wasn’t necessary any longer to have a Spanish representative, we have filled in the Modelo 210/214 ourselves.

But I really have problems with the new on Internet.

I have tried to follow the instructions from beachcomber, but when I clicked on “Validate and Generate” I was told about some errors among them that the NIF number wasn’t correct.

In the first line next after “person performing the self-assessment” I put the NIE number (thought it was the same as the NIF number), and next I sat a mark as a taxpayer. When the system told that the NIF number wasn’t right, I clicked as told in the formula and after giving some information a new number suddenly was placed, where I had written the NIE number, I was very surprised, thought that I only needed the NIE number from the etiquettes?? Also our Nie number is on 7 numbers and 2 letters and not what is told in the formula about the NIF number: 8 numbers and 1 letter.

Does anybody know, if the new number I got, and which was placed automatically, be the NIF number in the future??

Then I was told that there were errors in all the boxes 21-31 (it was told in Spanish, something like something wrong with the “campo”. I cannot find out, what was wrong. I tried to write some noughts before the amount, but it doesn’t seem to help. We only pay a small amount, I put the two first digits in the first box, and the next two digits in the following box on the same line.

Then I left the computer without closing the formula, but when I returned, I only could find the blank formula. So I have to start from scratch. But before starting I hope somebody can help me and tell what could be wrong with the boxes 21-31??

Linne

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modelo 210, help!

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Linne,
As your English is so good why not use the English version of the form 210 the link can be found in the FAQ's..........then we can read from the same page...... :D

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897

The NIF should look like X1234567Y ....... not X-1234567-Y

The NIF in Country of residence should be you Danish Tax ID if you are Non-Resident.

The tax rate for last year 24.75% Box [21]

If you both own the property then you will need to half the numbers and do two forms one for each of you.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a calculator that Beachcomber put together... 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Thank you for your answer Enrique!

I have used the English version, but the explanation about the errors was told in Spanish, and our Spanish isn't very good.

We are both owners of the property, and I know that I have to make two registrations- have done it several times

Our NIE numbers starts with a X then 7 numbers (not eight), and the last is Q for me and Z for my husband. The Nif number we got, when I filed in the formula started with a M then 7 numbers and at last a A. After having got that it was as if the only errors was

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Sorry something happened before I finished.

here the whole answer

Thank you for your answer Enrique!

Perhaps you can help a little more?

I have used the English version, but the explanation about the errors was told in Spanish, and our Spanish isn't very good.

We are both owners of the property, and I know that I have to make two registrations - have done it several times

Our NIE numbers starts with a X then 7 numbers (not eight), and the last is Q for me and Z for my husband. The Nif number we got, when I filled in the formula started with a M then 7 numbers and at last a A.

I have used our Danish identification number for Country of Residence.

I know what to pay. Very similar the payment in 2010 (haven’t paid for 2011)

After having got a new NIF number, it was as if the only errors was “campo” of the boxes 21-31.

So before I start again, I hope that someone can tell me, which mistake I do filling in the amounts, and if it perhaps is a new Nif number, I have got , which I have to use in the future?

Linne

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi linne,
This I don't understand........... :?:

"The Nif number we got, when I filed in the formula started with a M then 7 numbers and at last a A. After having got that it was as if the only errors was."

When filling in the Form ..........
"Person performing the self -assessment"......... your NIE = NIF........ example X1234567Q

"Taxpayer" NIF again your NIE example X1234567Q

If you don't finish your post to the Forum and you submit it you can go back and Edit it ,saves posting twice........ :D

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi again Enrique!

I dont understand it either :) I wrote the NIE number correctly in the box for NIF number - we still have our etiquets. When I got the message about errors among that, an error with the NIF number, I did as told below the box for the NIF number "if you are filling out......". Then I was answered about name, adress etc., and a key word was sent to my email adress. Using that key word suddenly the NIE number, which was written, changed to a new number. I was impressed and surprised. After that I again tried to make a PDF file, but still there came a message about errors, now it was reduced to errors in the boxes with amounts. I asked here because I thought that somebody perhaps have experienced the same, and because I was in doubt, if i could use the new number now. But I can try and see what happens.

I think the main problem for me now is the "campo" of the amounts. I really don't know what I do wrong and need advice.

Thank you for your advice about the possibility to edit.

Linne

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 pm

What you appear to have been given is a temporary tax identification number. It is different to a NIE number and does not replace it. If you have etiquetas your NIE numbers must have been registered with AEAT but just to make sure try entering the numbers here:

https://aeat.es/etidomic.html

This is just a request for more etiquetas but it is also a useful way of checking if your NIE numbers are registered with AEAT. Having done so you will see a message indicating that the etiquetas have been sent or that your numbers could not be found in the system. If your numbers are not found you really need to call at an AEAT office to sort it out rather than use the numbers you have been given starting with an M. This could complicate matters for the future beacuse they should only be used when you do not have a NIE number.

As far as the boxes are concerned you could either:

Post your valor catastral and we will tell you what should be in each box or
Send me your valor catastral by PM and I will reply in the same way.

If you do not wish to do that here is an example:

Valor catastral: 160.000
Box 4: 880,00 (Valor catastral x 1,1% divided by 2)
Box 21: 24,75
Box 22, 24, 28 and 31: 217,80

Leave other boxes blank or enter zeros.
Let's go Brandon!

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi again!

I just want to tell that with help from Beachcomber, I now have made Modelo 210 both for 2011 and 2012.

I have made a “blunder” in box 04, where I have written 110 % of Valor Catastral instead of 1,10%.
All the other amounts were correct, but the system must be able to see that 24% (2011) of the amount in box 04 wasn’t the amount, I have written in the other boxes. But I was just told that
all the boxes were incorrect, so it wasn’t easy to see, what was wrong, and it surprised me, that the system were able to calculate.

Next I also had problems with my husband’s Nie number, which wasn’t accepted. I don’t know what was wrong, but I used the opportunity to have another number clicking in the formula.
But now there are no problems with his old Nie number. Can’t explain it, but I’m rather sure I have written it right from the beginning.

So finally I didn’t have any errors, but then I was unable to have it written out as a PDF file (I have Windows XP). Today I tried again on my husband’s newer computer (Windows 7 professional)
and HURRAH no problems!

So thank you for helping me!

Our intention is now to sign the formula, send them and the money to a neighbour in Spain and ask her to go to a bank and pay for us.

I can’t imagine that it will give any problems that it’s another person, who comes and pay the tax?

Linne

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm

I am glad you have managed to complete the task.

There will (should) be no problem with your neighbour paying at the bank as long as it is in cash. It is evident that the program checks the calculations, it is just a shame that it cannot do the whole calculation just by entering the taxable base.

I would love to get my hands on that form and make some adjustments.
Let's go Brandon!

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I am glad you have managed to complete the task.

There will (should) be no problem with your neighbour paying at the bank as long as it is in cash. It is evident that the program checks the calculations, it is just a shame that it cannot do the whole calculation just by entering the taxable base.

I would love to get my hands on that form and make some adjustments.
I was thinking the same. Why don't they do the whole calculation, when they are able to check the calculations :crazy: . And I'm sure that a rational person like you, would be able to make the form much better.

But thanks again for the help. I wouldn't have been able to fill in the formula without your instructions.

Linne

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Just one other thing. I think I mentioned in my PM the 'anagrama' shown on the etiqueta. This is the four letter code that is made up of the first three letters of your surname and an apparently random fourth letter.

In order to ensure that your friend has no problem when paying your taxes I would suggest that you enclose an etiqueta with each set of forms. It is not required for the presentation of the tax declarations but the label shows the anagrama which may be required by the bank staff if the bar code doesn't work which is usually the case.

I would also advise your friend that if he/she has no success with one bank they try another especially if it is one with very few foreign clients.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi,
Seems to be getting better now the Form/Modelo 210 has been out in the wild for two years, had no problems with the Bank Reading the form´s bar code, the staff are even up to speed at my inland backwater too............. :D

Still better to be prepared as Beachcomber points out............. :thumbup:

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Thank you for the advice. I will send etiquettes too. We have paid the tax in the bank before, but it
was obviously not a common service for them. But perhaps as Enriques says, it’s being better

Linne

linne
Tourist

Postby linne » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I just want to tell that our neighbour in Spain now have paid our tax in the bank for us, both for 2011 and 2012.

She didn't have any problems. They ask her about the barcode (we have send her the etiquettes) and they said something to her about that there would be interests for 2011.

Don't know if we will hear anything about interests. Let's see! It's only a very small amount.

But it's a releif that the tax is paid now, so thanks for the help from the forum.

linne

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm glad you made it! There is the possibility if penalties for late payment for 2011 but I know several people who have caught up for previous years and none of them have had penalties imposed. At least, not so far. So, fingers crossed!
Let's go Brandon!