Can UK O.A.P'S Survive in Spain On Basic Pensions.?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Can UK O.A.P'S Survive in Spain On Basic Pensions.?

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Barry added his advice...''I don;t know about no offence Frank, I think he should be called up in front of the mods for his comments! ''

Yes I agree, I think Frank should be put in the naughty corner for all of his nasty comments that he regularly dishes out.. :clap:

Regards,
Gordon

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm

:thumbdown: I quite like his superiority complex.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:58 pm

markwilding wrote::thumbdown: I quite like his superiority complex.
To be fair, as a "Know-All" - he's very good at it! :lol:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:11 pm

He allowed his opinion and Benidorms reply was just as rude, so should he be reported too, some people need to get a life, you're in cyberspace not your local pub. This forum would just be all one clique if the mods listened to the whinging that goes on over nothing, you could all agree with one another and not allow anyone in whose opinions differs from yours, sad :thumbdown:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm

I think everyone should be allowed their opinion but the wording of the post made by Frank was rude and offensive. Could this be the reason people are put off posting?

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm fed up with all the spiteful people here. I enjoy having a banter and a chat but it's not fun to be called a 'tightwad' when on a limited income, never mind all the other unpleasant things Frank said (and one or two others in the past). I have enjoyed my time on A.Com and have gained a lot of interesting and useful information, so thank you for that. If anyone (well, the nice people) would like my e-mail address or to connect on facebook, let me know. I won't de-activate my account till tomorrow.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Julie wrote:He allowed his opinion and Benidorms reply was just as rude, so should he be reported too, some people need to get a life, you're in cyberspace not your local pub. This forum would just be all one clique if the mods listened to the whinging that goes on over nothing, you could all agree with one another and not allow anyone in whose opinions differs from yours, sad :thumbdown:
Cheers J, fortunately I don't read Bennies posts, he's not been on my "Need to Read" list for a very long time, he is however on my exclusive "Ignore" list of three. I think you're right, we could all agree with each other on every point, would make for a great forum. Sad indeed.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I find it funny, that, knowing you have caused offence, even if you did not intend too, there is no glimpse of an apology or a hint of remorse.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Hmm ... Julie agrees with Frank and Frank thanks Julie. What a polite forum. We need more of this.
Dave

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:03 pm

frank wrote:
Julie wrote:He allowed his opinion and Benidorms reply was just as rude, so should he be reported too, some people need to get a life, you're in cyberspace not your local pub. This forum would just be all one clique if the mods listened to the whinging that goes on over nothing, you could all agree with one another and not allow anyone in whose opinions differs from yours, sad :thumbdown:
Cheers J, fortunately I don't read Bennies posts, he's not been on my "Need to Read" list for a very long time, he is however on my exclusive "Ignore" list of three. I think you're right, we could all agree with each other on every point, would make for a great forum. Sad indeed.
Since you didn't read the reply I quote it here:-

Barry added his advice...''I don;t know about no offence Frank, I think he should be called up in front of the mods for his comments! ''

Yes I agree, I think Frank should be put in the naughty corner for all of his nasty comments that he regularly dishes out..

Sorry, but I can't see anything rude in Benidorm's post.
Can You?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Anyway ... are we to assume we have two state pensioners each with a UK pension? If so, that's around €1,000 every 4 weeks.

If they have their own home in Spain and don't have a mortgage they certainly could survive.
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Mowser wrote:Anyway ... are we to assume we have two state pensioners each with a UK pension? If so, that's around €1,000 every 4 weeks.

If they have their own home in Spain and don't have a mortgage they certainly could survive.
And of course there are all the potential add-ons like SERPS GMP etc.which can increase the state pension significantly.

A pensioner couple with individually earned state pensions and with the extras could be easily over £20k in total.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 pm

[ :wave:
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:38 pm

We have only said no to one visitor, not because we were mean, we actually do not like her!!! Just because we know someone does not automatically mean we want them to stay with us!! Some of our visitors do have car hire, some it is not possible, as they do not drive.
We enjoy having our family and friends stay, they must enjoy it as they come back every year. Back to topic, we do manage to live on a pension, we do not smoke, so no added expenses there and because of the health rules changing, we no longer pay into private medicine ( no state pensions, too young) :thumbup:
We are not rich moneywise, but being happy, content and healthy is best of all.

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Mowser wrote "are we to assume that we have two State Pensioners, each with a pension . . . ".

No, don't assume that, please. There are quite a few of us here on our own and living on one State Pension.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Well Thank You Mr.Mowser for steering us back on course.

And yes I was really thinking about a couple with state pensions and as most do,owning their own property, however as Mariacristina rightly points out, it is possible for one person to manage.

And I suppose that if someone was to rent, then as long as the rent was realistic they could still probably manage, as they wouldn't have other outgoings as a property owner would have.

I have been given some up to date figures regarding basic pensions and I know of at least three couples who receive these amounts.

per annum ...Husband....£6,280 69
Missus.......£3,432.00..
plus fuel allow...........£0.200,00
xmas bonus...............£0.020,00
Total £10,112 69 x say 115 euros to £ = 11,629 euros.
I think that's right ?

And of course there are many other lucky people who as Sid states receive more.

Anyway it's nice to hear about people who are getting on ok. :thumbup:

Regards,
Gordon.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Mariacristina wrote:Mowser wrote "are we to assume that we have two State Pensioners, each with a pension . . . ".

No, don't assume that, please. There are quite a few of us here on our own and living on one State Pension.
That's why I asked. Benny's post said OAPs.
I quite agree you can live on your own with one state pension. We came out here in 2004. I didn't have a pension as I retired way too early but Mrs Mowser had a small teacher's pension. We lived quite well and even managed to save.
Dave

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 pm

BENIDORM on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:02 am

Don't worry too much about Frank, or should we call him Franco ?

He lives in a little bubble filled with lovely Spanish things that he can obsess with and name drop to his little hearts content.

He's just gone out for a walk with his little dog 'Paco' and will call in to 'El Tesco's ' on the way back to pick up his San Miguel Tinnies....

No .offence meant Frank, and I mean that from the heart of my bottom.

Regards,
Gordon

Gerry why not post it all :( why leave out the offensive part

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Julie,
What's your problem ? You used to be nice and now you are so grumpy . :?

You seem to want to pick fights with everyone.
Frank can't expect to be so arrogant and nasty to so many people and not have someone take a 'pop' back, can he ?
Ok . so I was taking the p@ss out of him but he really deserves it .

Come on Julie...Lighten up :wave:

Regards,
Gordon

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 pm

I am light enough :) But I believe things should be equal, not only viewed from one side, I don't see your post asking Gerry why he didn't post the whole text, if that makes me heavy and not nice,thats ok too.