Sea fishing off the beach and Jetties

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Sea fishing off the beach and Jetties

Postby USINSPAIN » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Does anyone know anything about best way to fish from the beach or the Jetties around Benalmadena or Fuengirola main question what baits to use. Thank you all

gina59
Resident

Re: Sea fishing off the beach and Jetties

Postby gina59 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:58 pm

The spanish seem to use prawns for bait, we fish of the beach at the far end of El paulo, where apparently you dont need a fishing licence.??
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:23 pm

There is some info re the licence required for shore fishing in Andalucia here.
www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28953

You can buy one through this 3rd party, although it's much cheaper doing it yourself.
http://www.telelicencia.com/

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 pm

I do fish in the lakes so it is the same licence to fish the sea, it is what bait to use I am not sure of I am going to try Prawns
If anyone would like to pre order some big fish now let me know???????

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm

You do need a licence to fish any waters in Spain - and yes! the local police occasionally check. The penalty is usually 200E fine and confiscation of your tackle. The choice is yours. Though I have heard that 'visitors' are often let of with a warning.

As for bait - green langostinas (prawns) cut in half are very effective for Breca (red bream). Peeler Crab (buy a kids fishing net and go on the rocks) is excellent for Bass. Cebos vivida (worms), are an excellent all round bait. You will some times see refrigerated vending machines selling them. Poton (squid) and Navajas (razor clams) but fresh , not frozen, are good for Chicharo (mackerel), Bonito , Cochino (trigger fish), Dorado and sardinas .
All of the above are excellent and proven baits for these waters BUT, they don't stay on the hook for power casting from the beach.
That leaves the ultimate, beach casting, universal bait - Calamari. On which, if there are fish to be caught, this will find them, for sure.

I personally would use a three hook trace at 12" apart with a 125gm sand hook or Arsley bomb lead (or old spark plug if going off rocks) 12" from the bottom hook. With swivels at the lead and 12" above the top hook. Baited with calamari top and bottom and poton or langostina on the middle hook. (poton is the cheaper). Then you can be assured that you will have at least two baits out on each cast.

Let us know how you get on !

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Thank you for all that info just what I needed definitely going to sort it out this week been saying for months I should fish the sea and I do have my licence and insurance.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi
This thread is useful but a few years old now.
Any members know if the rules have changed.
Is the exam still a requirement?
Thanks
Admin

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 am

You do not need to take an exam for beach fishing. go to http://www.telelicencia.com/ to obtain your licence. It costs around 40 Euros and is valid for 3 years.
Hardworking resident !!

wolves

Postby wolves » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

First of all you do need a licence to fish from the beach. When I made enquiries I was told that because I was on holiday the Police would not penalise me if they checked. However I'm in Fuengirola for a couple of months so I decided to get one just in case. I went to the Town Hall in Fuengirola and was told that I would have to go to the Agriculture Department in Malaga. However a few enquiries in Fuengirola led me to a hardware shop called Ferretaria Hnos Escalona on Av. Condes de San Isidro (If you know the bus station in Fuengirola its about 200 yards towards the white central church just before Banco Sabadel).
They have the relevant form and they will complete it for you and they take the forms to Malaga.
You will need a photocopy of photographic I.D. - I used my passport.
The cost is 18 Euros (which I presume includes commission).
If you go in early in the week you can collect the licence on Friday.
I was told it would last for three years but it is in fact indefinite.
It will come on a sheet of A4 paper so I took mine to a local copy shop and had it trimmed and laminated so its the same size as a credit card.
I only wanted to fish from the beach but it seems to be the same form for other types of fishing as there are a number of boxes on the form.
Hope this is useful.