All Done and Dusted ...well sort of

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

All Done and Dusted ...well sort of

Postby mountainlass » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:05 pm

We have now exchanged on our UK property and about to rent here in the UK for 3 months while I work my retirement notice from the NHS......... How I look forward to printing that letter on Monday.

We have a ferry crossing booked for February 18th Portsmouth to Santandar - The ferry has pet friendly cabins and we are allowed to take our 2 cats into the cabin with us, should be interesting!.

We will rent initially when we arrive in Extremadura while we look at exact location and for somewhere permanent to live.

Can I just say thanks for all the advice even if some I did not like, I have always appreciated the time taken.

We are both looking forward to another challenge in our lives
:wtf:

Free at Last
Resident

Re: All Done and Dusted ...well sort of

Postby Free at Last » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Excellent - on to the next stage of the plan! That feeling of being able to give in your notice knowing you will never have to go back is great, isn't it!

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 pm

That's great news, mountainlass - congratulations on the exchange of contracts on your UK property and the very best of luck for the move when the time comes. Please do post an update when you're on your way and/or settled into your new life in Spain. I always enjoy reading on this forum about people's experiences before, during and after relocating to Spain.

I'm envious, but hopeful that it won't be too long before my wife and I can also make the move.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Congratulations - you are very nearly all set then :clap: ... we look forward to hearing how you get on and what you think of Extramadura and any other parts that you explore to find your new home. Hope all goes well for you as you re-oprganise your life ... cheers :thumbup:
Gasman and Mrs Gasman :wave:

Terryd1963
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Terryd1963 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:05 am

Congratulations - I am moving in March, and like you cant wait, again it would be appreciated if you could share your travel experience with us when you settle. It may influence me and my wife's travel method!!! :wave:

Cheers Terryd

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 am

Good luck on the move. Look on the bright side when things don't go to well. If it all goes belly up you can always go home. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 am

Wow! Costakid. What a bundle of joy you are.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Just being realistic, don't give up to easy because it will be very frustrating at times and heaven on others. As long as the good days out weigh the bad which is normally the way you will be fine. Good on you for making the move and trying it, lots would love to but for one reason or another never do.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:41 am

Good luck with everything. Right now it's beautiful here with cold nights, warm days, blue skies and the thousands of hectares of deciduous forests all yellow, orange and red. Autumn in Extremadura is stunning and the Sierra de Gredos in the north is already covered in deep snow. The ski resorts are open for people who fancy hurling themselves down mountainsides on flimsy bits of carbon fibre. :lol:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Ooooh sounds quite lovely there Lavender! you are making me want to go and have a look. What is the best thing you like about it!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm

There's not many people up here and consequently fewer cars, towns, noise and chaos. Mind you, it can still take ages to get a drink in the bar. :lol: It's just very unspoiled, very natural, very calm, very safe and I love it. :D

laswalkirias
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby laswalkirias » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:43 pm

One of the most stunning places in Extramadura(and the whole world in my opinion) is the huge stork nest on the chimney above Merida Town Hall.
I have sat in the main square in that town and watched the coming and goings of those huge birds for hours while slurping slowly on my cafe solo.
I am by no stretch of the imagination a bird fancier, however the sight is absoloutely surreal!!!
Dying to move to spain

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:39 am

If you like that then imagine this: you are somewhere in Extremadura on a sunny, clear day in November. It's around 13.00. You hear the distinctive call of the Crane. You look up and scan the sky. You spot them. They fly in disciplined echelons and come in wave after wave after wave. There are hundreds of them — building up over successive days to thousands. You know that Winter has arrived.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm

We should have a forum rule, photos please!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Agreed! Can someone remind me about how to post photos currently in iphoto on my imac, please?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi Lavanda,
Windows people will use something like Photobucket, upload their photos and copy "Forum link" and paste on their post.

imac what's that............... :shock:

Could use something like..............

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-200 ... om-iphoto/

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mountainlass » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Would also love to see some pictures. Well not only have we exchanged but we have completed and are now in rented until we move in February - 19th to be exact Portsmouth to Santandar with cats!. Rented accommodation sorted in Extremadura and then the search for a permanent home to buy starts. Handed my notice in at work, so this time next year Rodney!!!!!!!!!
:wave: