Certificate of conformity

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Certificate of conformity

Postby mhic » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 am

I inherited a bike a while ago on UK plates I have tried to get it changed to Spanish but two engineers have said it won't be accepted despite Yamaha UK and a main Spanish dealer saying it conforms to Spanish regs. In Sur last week Linea direct had an item about getting vehicles registered here and using a company called eurococ to get a certificate of conformity not cheap though. Anyone know anything about them, the name is a bit off putting given all the scams we hear about.

Mhic.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Certificate of conformity

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 am

mhic wrote: the name is a bit off putting Mhic.
:clap: :clap:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Hola

If Yamaha can produce a European Certificate of Conformity, then you should not have a problem. However it has to be a properly produced piece of paper with all the right information on it. If Yamaha UK simply SAY it is OK - Spain will not accept it.

Davexf

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 pm

A few years ago I asked Suzuki for one and they sent one no problem, including a copy in Spanish.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi Mhic,

If you look at that website, the drop down menu for year of first registration only goes back to 2000. As far as I remember yours is 1995. Also it requires a 17 digit vin number and your bike is the old style engine number and frame number format xxx-xxxxxx.

You could try uploading the certificate of first registration but it appears that all 3 fields (year, vin, certificate) require an input.
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:23 am

I seem to be going round in circles with this bike. I know it should be no problem getting it legal here by
getting the certificate of conformity from Yamaha es but does any one know how to get in touch with them. On the web I just get refered to dealers who are not always helpful and Yamaha UK have no contact details.
I have been told another problem is that the bike is not registered in my name though the certificate of permanent export is, how do dealers bring cars/ bikes over get round that?.
Your right Colin that Linea Direct add was no good to me.

Mhic.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:51 am

Hola

Best from the horses mouth - therefore take the bike to your ITV station and ask what they need - they may be able to suggest a Spanish engineer that can do a "fiche technical reducida" and if they do, then they will accept the bike can be re-matriculated

Davexf

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:56 am

Dxf may have hit the nail on the head. When I brought my old bike over, now sold, I had a certificate of conformity from Suzuki but still got an engineers report, arranged by the gestor. He reckoned I needed it. I don't know if I really needed it but seemed easier to go along with it. ITV still checked all the engineers measurements etc were correct.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:15 am

That's odd Steve, the engineer that came to look at my bike measured nothing all he did was photograph the frame number say it looked ok and left, didn't charge though.
Thanks DXF I'll look into that.

Mhic.

derbish

Postby derbish » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:56 am

Good News / Bad News: I'm in the process of importing my Yamaha T Max scooter into Spain, riding it down in September. I've done a lot of research on the subject and knew the certificate of conformity would be a problem because my machine is 2007 which was before Yamaha started to provide them as a standard policy. Turns out it wasn't so bad. I needed to take a photo of the frame number and engine number and email them to Yamaha together with a scan of the Registration Certificate (V5). The address is [email protected]. They then phoned me and took a fee from my credit card (for me it was £60). Three days later the Certificate of conformity came in the post and I was feeling rather pleased with myself.
HOWEVER, I've now been asked for a Certificado Emisiones de CO2 and this one is a problem. This is because Spain has jumped the gun and made this a requirement even though the EC Regulation (168/2013) doesn't come in until 1st January 2016, and even then there is a year's grace for existing machines until 1st January 2017. This means that Yamaha UK can't help because they're not yet geared up to provide them, and I have so far totally failed to find any contact details for Yamaha Spain.
So I've just asked my solicitor to challenge this craziness but I don't know if she will be will be willing; as I'm sure you know red-tape is a national industry in Spain. I'll post again when I get a reply.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm assuming the certificate is in English but you may find you will need it in Spanish to do any good.
Mhic.