Chez Spice - child-friendly?

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Chez Spice - child-friendly?

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:05 pm

Can any diners who have been to Chez Spice in Los Romanes tell me if they cater well for an eighteen-month old? High chair? Any special suitable dishes? Most importantly, do they really welcome them?!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Chez Spice - child-friendly?

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:25 pm

I've been there often but I can't say I've noticed children as young as that.

Speaking personally, I would'nt take a child as young as that to an Indian restaurant.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:32 pm

Don't Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi children eat in restaurants?
For me, the best way of avoiding fussy eaters in childhood is to introduce them to a wide range of cuisine, but nothing too extreme (a bit like taking a non-spicy eating woman to one for the first time).
It is more to do with the culture of the restaurant and its staff I want an insight into. I see they have changed their owners and name, so recent guidance would be good A.commers.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:20 pm

My own experiences there are positive but rather out of date. Second hand comments from friends who have been recently are that it has slid in standard of food since Peosh (spelling?) is no longer part of the business.

As for the friendliness of restaurants towards children, this I feel is totally dependant on the friendliness of the children (read parents!) towards the restaurant. How many times have I endured a screaming brat, some even running around, while trying to enjoy my meal :evil:
Those restaurants without high chairs will usually offer stacked cushions or chairs to accommodate a smaller child.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:38 pm

I thought well behaved children were welcome in all restaurants in Spain. Its part of the Spanish culture to take youngsters out.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I must be going to the wrong places,I've never been in a restaurant,home or abroad where the children have been well behaved.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I agree you must be eating in the wrong type of places. I have seen both sides here in Spain and in other countries. I also agree it is the parents that are at fault for children running riot around eating places. Madness with hot food and glassware. So many times I have seen the poor waiting staff having to dodge children as they try to serve meals and drinks.

It was one of the good things my mother had to say about my sister and I, our children could be taken anywhere and always sat at a table quietly waiting on their food.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Can't put it down to eating in the wrong places,it happens whether in a budget restaurant or high end.
If they're not flicking food about they're bashing their plate with a spoon.
I do agree it is the parents fault,my town has many good restaurants and when I go in I ask the staff to keep children well away from me,generally they do.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 am

On the whole, I have found Spanish children to be well behaved when eating out. It's often the adults that make all the noise!

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:42 am

while we're at it large groups of adult friends/relatives/co workers can be a pain as well and there's always one that's got "the laugh"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 am

Perhaps we should all eat at home and turn into hermits :D the money saved could pay for someone to come in a cook or better still clear up and leave the kitchen immaculate.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am

Perhaps I shoukd sell the story to the newspapers that the real identity of Santa Claus has been revealed. Nimrod, your generosity of spirit and great tolerance of others has given the game away!
I have decided that we will give Chez Spice a miss while we have the little one with us, for fear of showing him what some adults are like in restaurants...

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 am

Good decision Peter. I'm sure the little fella would far rather have a cheese sarney and an hours quality time with his grandpop spotting illegal Brit plated transit vans :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:01 pm

peteroldracer wrote:Perhaps I shoukd sell the story to the newspapers that the real identity of Santa Claus has been revealed. Nimrod, your generosity of spirit and great tolerance of others has given the game away!

Ho,Ho,Ho!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't mind kids in restaurants at lunchtimes but in the evening it's a big no no for me, I tend to use restaurants in the evening where kids are not encouraged.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Hmmmm I suppose women are alright, if they are attractive and with you, or waitresses, or of course doing the washing up?
Some attitudes are stuck in 1914 rather than 2014!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:38 pm

My favorite dining experience was a number of years ago as a guest, at a private dining club in London.
My host and I were seated at a very cosy alcove, our wine was the right temperature, the beef stew and dumplings perfect, no kids and everyone behaving impeccably, heaven it was, and I didn't even have to pay :-)