Tax Form Modelo 210

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
DavidF
Tourist

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210

Postby DavidF » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

With regards to my online efforts at the 210 submission, I have completed the online form and saved it. I can then quite happily reload it as you described.

I will have to persevere with the error

Errores detectados:
EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0201

as obviously something is wrong with one or more of my entries.

However I do not understand your comment:

Using the LINK from FAQ's it comes up in English.........Programs I used for this test..IE11 on Windows 7 SP1

Could you please elaborate which FAQ I should reference and what do you mean by the second part of the statement.

I do wish these web sites would explain what part of the document I have wrong and not just fail it with a global error message.

The British Governmental bureaucracy is just as bad.

Regards David F.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi DavidF,
The Forum FAQ's are a section that El Cid and Beachcomber have kindly put together to cover most aspects of coming to Andalucia through to Dying in the same.......... :D

The bit you're currently interested in............Modelo 210 = Form 210.....

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897

Added:: I've just run your LINK to the Form 210 and its in Spanish as you say , imported my data and validated ok, so that would point to you not having the right entry in one of the boxes.
Again I used IE11 with Windows 7 SP1.

Pull up the English Link in the FAQ's and import your data and check through the FAQ to see if you have the correct numbers in the Boxes.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:02 pm

DavidF wrote:...In desperation, today, I completed the old 2 set, 7 page, orange 210 for my wife and I and went to the bank, going to plead ignorance concerning the new form.

I was pleasantly surprised when the just accepted the old forms, made entries in their computer, took the money from my account and stamped the 210 as paid...
This course of action is most definitely not to be recommended. The bank's computer should have rejected the forms as being invalid and it is unlikely that the payment will be recorded in the AEAT IT system. You should guard very carefully the receipted forms for at least four years in case you need to prove payment especially if you sell your property during that time.

According to the list of error codes 0201 is "CODIGO DE EXCEPCION INVALIDO" which is fairly nonsensical. I have found that if there is an error in the figures or calculations a specific error message is produced showing the boxes at fault. Check that all other details are correct especially that the name and NIE number correspond exactly under the headings 'Person performing the self-assessment' and 'Taxpayer'.

Failing that try a different browser/PDF reader and/or computer.

Just one other point, when you click on a normal PDF document does it open automatically or do you have to open the PDF program and then open the document from within it?
Let's go Brandon!

Icaru
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Icaru » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I am a non-resident foreigner owning an apt which is rented 4 weeks/year. I have been filing 3rd qtr rental taxes and imputed taxes electronically for the past few years. Our catastral value was increased but we have been given 7 years to gradually arrive at the new value.

Question 1: Do I use the full 2019 "new" catastral value in calculating the imputed tax or the current reduced value? (increases by .9% each year up to the new value)

Question 2: In filing out Mod 210, it turned out that the taxes I paid on the 1-month rental were more than the imputed tax for the remaining 11 months (assuming I use the reduced catastral value applicable in 2012). Does this entitle me to a refund or does it just mean I don't owe anything more?

Problem is this: Resultado de la autoliquidación [28]-[29]±[30]
If I enter what I already paid, it looks like I should get a refund (fat chance!), but that implies that no one would ever pay more than the imputed income, clearly this is not the case.

Thanks for your enlightenment, happy holidays from *perplexed*
I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world. - Socrates

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Use the valor catastral that is shown on your IBI receipt.

You pay the tax on the actual income for the month you rented out within twenty days of the end of the quarter during which it was rented and the imputed tax on a separate form 210 for the eleven remaining months during the following year.

This makes a total payment for the twelve month period and you cannot balance one against the other because they are for different periods, tax on actual income for one month and imputed tax for eleven months.
Let's go Brandon!

DavidF
Tourist

Postby DavidF » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks Enrique and Beachcomber for your help in this matter.

I'm back to UK this weekend for Christmas, so will not have time to progress with this immediately, but rest assured I will be back on it mid Jan. so will probably being posting more questions or updates on my progress in the new year.

Regards DavidF

DavidF
Tourist

Postby DavidF » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Beachcomber,

With regards to your last question, I have pdf linked to adobe reader so they automatically open when I double click the file.

Why do you ask? I link all my file types to programs, it makes life so much easier.

Regards David F

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am

I just wondered if the problem was with your PDF reader because you seem to get this error message at the very moment you try to generate the PDF from the formula but this would appear not to be the case.
Let's go Brandon!

Icaru
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Icaru » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:04 am

My IBI receipt shows 2 valor catastral numbers. That is the problem. It shows the current catastral value and the value in 2019 when the end of the allowed reduction period is finished. So the value calculated and shown for 2012 is not the same as the value shown for 2019.

I did pay the rental tax back in October. But the imputed tax asks to know what I have already paid and the 'justificante'. From what you are saying, I should not enter what I paid as rental tax in October, I should only calculate the 11 months of no rental income. Right?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:41 pm

I would be inclined to use the value calculated on a progressive basis for each year of the values between 2012 and 2019. If you are actually paying something it is unlikely that they will challenge your figures especially if they are increasing each year and if they do you have the explanation to hand.

The payments of the tax on your actual income and your imputed income are the subject of two totally separate declarations. I think you are probably calculating the imputed tax for the whole year then deducting the tax for the actual period of payment. This is not the way to do it.

As I said before, you declare the tax on your actual income during the first twenty days of the quarter following that in which the apartment was let then declare the imputed tax during the following year pro rata to the number of days that it was not rented. The result of applying this calculation goes in Box 4 then you do the other calculations as usual.

Box 29 (Retenciones/ingresos a cuenta) Is only for retentions and payments made on account and applies to other types of non-resident income tax.
Let's go Brandon!

Icaru
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Icaru » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

Gracias! That's pretty much what I concluded too, but it's good to have someone else's opinion.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi I completed the 210 on line last week and did save them, however I have just realised having completed both my wifes and my forms that my wifes has printed the bar codes on the form but mine has not? Is there anyway to rectify my form so bar codes are printed?or can I attach the sticky bar codes which I do have?

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Pleas ignore the above post as managed to resolve problem

captaintpgc

Postby captaintpgc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello guys
I have been using the 7 part 210 form and taking it to my bank for payment successfully for 5 years. This time the bank system seemed to play up and reject the submission. Does this mean I can no longer submit this form and have to go back to the drawing board with a new form?
If so, HOW? I am a rather slow silver surfer ( I wish )!!!!
Regards

Ray Turner :shock:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Ray,
Read the FAQ on the Form 210.........

Pull up the first link...............form comes up in English...............

As you have the data(Hard copy) from last year, fill in the form and Validate.

Once Validated "save" Form Data for next year................

Print form..Go to Bank and pay.

Any problems post and we will sort you out............ :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:43 pm

You should have been using the new form 210 since the fiscal year of 2011. Make sure you keep your receipted copies of the old form safely as proof of payment because they will not show up in AEAT's records. The bank should not have accepted them.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 am

Hi,
Would be worth the effort to get a Digital Signature next time you're over then you can check when the payments are/have been paid to AEAT.

See FAQ's on the procedure for obtaining a Digital Signature.........

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:56 am

I am pretty certain that payments made using the old form will not show on the AEAT database but it would be good to have that confirmed by someone in this situation.

I don't know what the bank did but when they zapped the bar code on the form they should have got an error message saying that the form was outdated and the payment could not be processed. Entering the details manually involves typing in the serial number of the form and this should have given a similar message.

It is virtually certain that the only record of payment will be the receipted copies of the form.
Let's go Brandon!

phil16c
Tourist

Postby phil16c » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Can anyone help with how to register a digital signature with AEAT and is it worth doing to submit modelo 210? thanks
forgot to say I have found bumff which leads me to believe I obtained the said ds which is valid till 2018 but as far as I know I haven't been able to use it!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 pm

You don't need to register it just use this link instead of the normal one:

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=EN

A digital signature is usually only valid for three years so it is unlikely that you would have one that is valid until 2018.

The only real advantage to using it for your 210 declaration is that you do not have to be in Spain to pay the tax.
Let's go Brandon!