RENTAL SITES

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: RENTAL SITES

Postby bbobandannie » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 am

So, it seems that the general concensus is that the property sites are not that reliable and thanks, to Buffy in particular, I have a couple of contacts who can be relied upon. As a guide though, and this is very much a project planning exercise for a move that will not happen for another 18months, what would be the going rate for a property in the Torrox or Frigiliana Campo area, 3-4 bedrooms with a pool? Any ideas anyone?

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:51 am

If you can find a private rental, 500 euros. If not 750 - 800 euros imho :wave:

ElVochoClassico
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ElVochoClassico » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Buffy wrote:I have rented a property on the Torrox / Frigliana road and I trawled the internet for months. When I came over to view several properties, I was extremely frustrated by unprofessional estate agents and their attitude to customer service. I had a specific list of requirements and most of the estate agents tried to fob me off and drag me round places which were entirely unsuitable. One guy turned up on a motor bike! Just wasting my precious time.

Here is someone who is really on the ball. Alison at APP in Torrox. She is an English lady who speaks fluent Spanish and seems to know everyone. She showed me several properties which were not advertised anywhere else. All would have suited me. I rented on the spot and she helped me with my NIE and bank account. Also my Spanish Padron. She really seems to care about her business and I feel very grateful as she looked after me during the whole process. I have found a brilliant property. Just what I wanted.

There is another Spanish girl in Torrox Pueblo who was good. The rest were complete time wasters. The properties have been on their websites for ages and are not available when you enquire. Or as I found out, to my huge irritation, when you turn up to meet these people, they take you to entirely unsuitable places way out from where you want to be. I wasted two days with the like.

Good luck with your search :D
Hi, do you have a contact for Alison at App? I'm coming over in the next few weeks so would be good to get in touch. Do they have a website?

I've been trying kyero but it seems many of the properties that agents put on there are not even available! We're looking for something cheap in Torrox for now as a base while we have a good look around.

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm

PM sent :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

valleylady
Tourist

Postby valleylady » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

I.m also having problems finding long term rental....been searchng the web for a few weeks and found a few properties I may be interested in,but the problem is the agents come back to me saying the property is no longer available or the advertised price was incorrect etc.think I will come over and have a look round...

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 am

If you can find a local corredor a spanish house agent who knows all the places in his village, you might have more success in finding out what is actually currently available in the area. They generally work alone, no office, and are very knowledgeable. A local bar owner my know one.

irishrosebud

Postby irishrosebud » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi there
I am new here....
My question is for Buffy...
Could you please tell me,how i contact Alison at App??
Thank you :roll: