Grounds/Maintenance Fees?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
telboy
Resident

Grounds/Maintenance Fees?

Postby telboy » Thu May 28, 2015 8:18 am

Met some holiday makers who were also looking to buy a property, I was able to help them with costs likely in buying a property etc, but was stumped when they asked me what grounds and maintenance fees would be payable should they buy an apartment on a complex with pool and gardens.

Do the fees include exterior/interior painting and how regular would the exterior normally be painted :?:
Can any members post me a link with this info, or give me a ball park figure of the monthly fees payable and what's included :?:

:thumbup: Cheers I will pass on any useful info.

terry

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: Grounds/Maintenance Fees?

Postby Lyric » Thu May 28, 2015 9:58 am

This will vary a great deal depending on facilities.
My apartment is in a block of 14, Indoor and Outdoor Pools, Saunas, Jacuzzi etc. No gardens but a fair amount of communal space.
The fees cover weekly cleaning, defects, pool maintenance and water bills, Outdoor painting but not internal painting to the communal areas, staircases etc. We have a tame German Owner who seems to like doing that at cost.
Thinks must watch German decorators there has been trouble there before. :D
Circa 1000€ pa. depending on apartment size, 15% discount if paid by June (due December)

infoseeker
Resident

Postby infoseeker » Thu May 28, 2015 2:02 pm

This is something many do not take into account, when seeing posts saying how cheap IBI is in Spain.
Combined with maintenance fees, it may come to more than the council tax they paid in the UK.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu May 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Maybe but we have had some viewings recently and without fail they asked the question. In fact I don't think any of our moderately interested viewers did not ask, the sightseers rarely do.