Advice on moving to Costa Del Sol

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jules78

Advice on moving to Costa Del Sol

Postby jules78 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:22 am

Hello

I will be moving to the Costa Del Sol sometime in September and appreciate some advice. My son is 14 and will be starting yr10 as it is an impotent year we are putting him into an international school. We have two daughter age 3 and 6 and are planning to put them into a Spanish State school. I need to be within 20 minutes of a good international school that is not too pricy but is also close to good state schools. I am currently interested in the Mijas area but am also viewing properties in the Benalmadena area. Does anyone know what is a bester area for schools and a social life for outré children Ut is very impotent for me that my son adapts and makes knew friends. Any advice you could give would be great.

Julie

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Advice on moving to Costa Del Sol

Postby costakid » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:56 am

There is an international school at Torremuelle near Benalmadena.

jules78

Postby jules78 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:30 am

Thank you Costakid. In your opinion what area is better for families Benalmadena or the Mijas area, la cala, riviera del sol, etc? We want there to b a mixture of expats and Spanish and for there to be a lot going on all year round.

Thank you

Julie

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am

Its a tricky one really, Benalmadena is a very busy tourist area but some parts are lovely. We moved from Miraflores to East of Malaga 12 years ago to be in what we call the real Spain.The area that we are in now is on the coast but nothing like the areas that you have mentioned. If your in an apartment block in Riviera del Sol you will have new neighbours every week as it is mostly rentals. I would rent for a while and then pick an area.
St Georges International East of malaga is a very good school as well.

jules78

Postby jules78 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Thank you for your advice.We have found a lovely house in El Coto behind Fuengirolar. We will find our feet and have time to decide where we would like to settle.

Julie

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 pm

enjoy the adventure.