Residentia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Tifosi

Residentia

Postby Tifosi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 am

Dear all,

I have had a quick look but can not find any up to date information on Residentia Certificates.

The general online information is you need to demonstrate you have sufficient funds not to be a Burden on the State.

I have just read on a site that you need to provide proof of a monthly income of 750€.

Before we contact our fiscal representative, has anybody any knowledge of this please?

Best regards

Simon

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residentia

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Tifosi,
Some light reading from UK Government site with links to the Spanish bits.................

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-r ... s-in-spain

Apart from the Grey statement.....Sufficient funds to support oneself ..........

Some figures that appear on the Web........26400€ + 6500€ for each dependant per year.........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

When we did ours 18 mths ago they wanted proof of income ie showing you had a pension or savings of around €5,000 euros per person in a spanish account. we just put some savings in our spanish bank and got a certificate from them showing what we had. Easiest way imo if you have the funds to do it

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:07 pm

The person at the police station dealing with us when we registered sent us off to the Land Registry office in Velez for a copia simple of our house which showed we had no debts on it. She deemed this sufficient to prove we would not be a drain on Spain. We are pensioners so had the minimum monthly income required but no savings. I suppose our experience would come under Article 3 c)ii of Enrique's link.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:47 pm

As all things with Spanish bureaucracy it will depend on who you deal with at the time of application.

Two members two different passes into Residencia .......... Those Web figures I came across seem a bit high...not going to get many people on a State pension coming over........ :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:29 pm

They will accept a credit card with €6k credit remaining on it.

Sid

Tifosi

Postby Tifosi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:00 pm

Thank you all for your replies, we have from two sources that 7500€ savings for each of us will be sufficient. We have an appointment on the 29th of this month in Almería, I will let you know how we get on.

Simon

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:05 pm

While on the subject of the green NIE, does anyone know offhand what documentation is required to change the address.
I am thinking Empadronamiento, old certificate, surely not much else ?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Knowing what its like here i would take copies of everything as if u were doing it from fresh ontop of new padron etc

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:53 pm

I was hoping that someone, such as Mrs W would be along as she will have done it in the not too distant past.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Lyric wrote:While on the subject of the green NIE, does anyone know offhand what documentation is required to change the address.
I am thinking Empadronamiento, old certificate, surely not much else ?
That sounds about right to me. It's just a formality, but it will cost you another €10 or so.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:36 am

Lyric wrote:I was hoping that someone, such as Mrs W would be along as she will have done it in the not too distant past.
Are you referring to me Mr L?

We renewed ours some time ago after we bought our current house and now have the little permanant residencia cards so it's up to date. We let our asesoria handle all that stuff as she's very reasonable and organises everything so all we have to do is to turn up at the allotted time at the police station and sign.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:23 am

So the north European beggars I see in Velez shouldn't be begging as they are not a burden on the state?
Send them packing I say.
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:31 am

Why don't you ask them why they don't go home?

They will probably say they can't as their BMW is being serviced!

Sid

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am

Mowser wrote:So the north European beggars I see in Velez shouldn't be begging as they are not a burden on the state?
Send them packing I say.
The ones I see most often aren't northern European, they're Spanish - and they're not homeless either, I know exactly where they live!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:17 pm

We let our asesoria handle all that stuff as she's very reasonable
I am in recovery, you paid ! for such a simple task. :)

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Wouldn't your household bills suffice. IBI I would have thought as it has most of your personal information on it. And Free at Last I agree with you. I despise the beggars that congregate outside Mercadona. I'm surprised the store allows them there. I must admit I saw an official bod telling him to move off onto the pavement.

Girlingfoss
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Girlingfoss » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Forgive me for a newby question, but does all the documentation, proof of income etc have to be in Spanish?. and do you have to have the pension deposited in a Spanish bank. We have both a UK state pension and a US one and were going to keep our US account running for the US pension.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:04 pm

IBI I would have thought as it has most of your personal information on it
My original post was about change of address, thanks for the suggestion but my IBI says Poligono 10 Parcela yada yada yada so it's not much use.
There are three names for my track that I know of so I guess I'll just use the one I agreed with the lovely lady in the Ayuntamiento for the Empadronamiento.

As an aside is a Cita Previa required these days at the Torre del Mar Police Station ?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 am

Lyric wrote:
We let our asesoria handle all that stuff as she's very reasonable
I am in recovery, you paid ! for such a simple task. :)
From what I've read on here it is not always such a simple task. When I keep reading of stories of people's attempts to get things done and constantly being told they need different paperwork each time they go to the office, I really cannot be bothered to attempt it myself.

When I arrived at the police station there was a packed waiting room including a couple of friends who had already been there an hour. My asesoria sends one of her staff down to get a number then when we turn up at a more reasonable hour we just go straight in, sign and walk back out again. Believe me that is worth 35 euros to us! In fact (not sure if it was last time) when we went their computer had broken down and they couldn't print out the residencia so again my asesoria collected it for us the next day and we picked up from her another day at our leisure.