Tyres for 4x4

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
nigel_t
Andalucia.com Amigo

Tyres for 4x4

Postby nigel_t » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:33 pm

I have a Daihatsu Fourtrak and need to replace a tyre that burst on the way to the airport (great timing!!)

Anyway, got the spare on and took the old tyre to a big tyre dealer.

After much head scratching and 'sizing up' my original with what they had. I was told "Sorry English tyre size is different but we can put this on". It was a tyre more suited to a tractor and considerably larger than my existing tyre.

Can someone tell me where I can purchase a 'UK' tyre or whee I can find out what ES tyre I need to fit to my 'Rocky'.

thanks
Wish I Was Horse Riding

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:04 pm

He's trying to sell you dead stock, english tyres, yeah right.... he must think people are stupid, pity you need it right now and it wasnt just a bit later cos I could have brought a set down for you, if you are interested in a set and cant get it right over there let me know and I can get prices for you, my local dealer does me good on trade, just to confirm, if you look on the remainding tyres you'll see numbers with strokes like 185/85/15 and then if possible the brand and model, it will go something like Dunlop dualler or Firestone tracker, Firestone and Dunlop are the manufacturers of the tyre.

Cheers

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:14 pm

There is no such thing as a UK tyre, just the dealers lack of stock which is probably closer to the truth.