jerez/sherry

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

jerez/sherry

Postby wollie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:29 am

i want to take a friend to visit jerez next week...
can anyone advise as to which is the best sherry houses to visit or tours etc?
because of time factor this will have to be a day trip so I will not have time to research while there..

many thanks and happy hols..

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: jerez/sherry

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 am

Gonzalez Byass (Tio Pepe) is superb. Extensive tour, tasting, optional tapas/more tasting. Impressive and great fun. In SW area of the city; well signposted.
Chris

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:31 pm

I would recommend Osborne in Puerto de la Santa Maria nearby. Not quite as touristy. Very interesting too. At the end of the tour we were given 4 full bottles between 2 of us to taste, drink as much as you want. Here on our very own A.Com

http://www.andalucia.com/province/cadiz ... a/home.htm

Info on Jerez there too.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks for replies as they are very helpful...

Kate, have you any idea of tour times for Osborne as I have found their website but no info regarding tours, I will be driving 100km so I want to know this in advance...

regards me..

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:14 pm

See the first review on here. She mentions booking ahead but we didn't need to. Gives times for last month.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction ... lucia.html

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:01 am

Katy,

I had seen the review you mentioned but had not opened it up fully to show times...
I think I be more drawn to the less commercial if I can work it out, I did send Osborne an email and got an automated reply to say they are open from 10.00 to 15.00, they did not confirm tour times so I am wondering about this as I am assuming they require a minimum number for guided English tour...
In have to travel 100km to there and seeing the principle purpose is this I want to have as much info as possible before I go...
you said you just called... did you get the guided tour? I would like to avail of this...

many thanks..

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:08 am

just to answer my own question as others may be interested....
many thanks...

[email protected]

9:48 AM (15 minutes ago)

to me
Good morning:

Thank you very much for your interest. We inform you that english tour would be every day of those dates that you require at 10.30h. You would join the 1 hour tour, and after that you would enjoy the wine testing, with several options, as follows:

- Visit+ tasting of our VORS (Very Old Rare Sherries) served with Iberian Ham 5J and snacks, sit down in our private bar: 50 € per person.
- Visit+sherry tasting, brandy and snacks served with Iberian Ham 5J , sit down in our private bar: 35 € per person
- Visit+sherry tasting, brandy and snacks, sit down in our private bar: 18 € per person
- Visit+sherry tasting, brandy and snacks in our tasting room (stood up): 12 € per person.

These prices includes V,A,T, and previous reservation is required.

If you want to make a reservation or have any other question please do not hesitate to contact with us.

Regards.

Álvaro Garzón Delgado.

Relaciones Públicas
C/ Los Moros, 711500 El Puerto de Santa María
Tlf: 956.86.91.00.
www.osborne.es
www.bodegas-osborne.com